SpaceF Grow 4 - Perpetual Organic - 8 Feminized Strains - 1000W LEDs

Here we go for the next session :)

Today, the other Colorado Cookie and the Orange Hill Special were put in pots (7L and 3.6L respectively).

I think that jack47 and Crystal Meth will follow this evening.

IMG_4402-02.jpg

So far we have

- Auto Night Queen (Dutch Passion) in 25 L
- Bloody Skunk (sweet seeds) in 25L
- Bloody Skunk (sweet seeds) in 11L
- Red Poison (sweet seeds) in 11L
- Red Poison (sweet seeds) in 7L
- Auto Colorado Cookie (Dutch Passion) in 11L
- Auto Colorado Cookie (Dutch Passion)in 7L
- Orange Hill special (Dutch Passion - vegging fem for 2 weeks) 3.6L

in the waiting line
- Crystal Meth (Fast Buds)
- Jack 47 Auto (Sweet Seeds)
- Northern Light Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)

it's gonna be epic :)

i've been thinking about the most practical way to avoid fibers on the weed.
I often open the tent just to have a look, and i generally don't go in; I smoke one(s) spliff and stare at the leaves and check every inches of the girls.

So, I just needed a window on the tent, omething like on Gorilla Tents, but i didn't want to cut my tents to do this. So I bought a transparent shower curtain, and cut a small window inside it.

On the bottom and left side of the curtain, I put bamboo sticks to give it some weight, so it doesn't move much when the fan is on. I've cut the left part of the curtain because it doesn't need to go all the way to the left side.

Here it is without the window. It is not easy to see through in detail, hence the need for a window. But I see this as a last barrier like "are you sure you want to open the tent" kind of thing.
IMG_4402-04.jpg

So I cut myself a small window that i can lift
IMG_4402-05.jpg

through the window
I think I will improve the window by putting a plexi or real glass, but that can wait, it is still much better than before
IMG_4402-06.jpg

I like this packaging. Cup Winner, it will go to the session of course.
IMG_4402-03.jpg

whats the point of the plastic?? just to catch hairs and things from opening the tent or because there's negative pressure i don't see a point on this one man

it's about not cutting off wholes in my tent. I need a window + not cutting my tent (no "undo").

when you open the tent, with a good extraction, then there is a air call and all the dust comes I can see the difference now each time I open the door. No more dust coming in. The point is the same as in Gorilla tents, but without cutting off mine (and paying 10€ instead of 200 for a Gorilla :) it is worth the price but I think I am going for 1 auto and 1 fem session before closing the grow rooms for a little while, so I will not get a Gorilla now. I will get one if i do another year) .

The trick is making the window inside, keeping the grow chamber is still isolated and functions just as if the door was closed, and without cutting the tent.

look below for pics and check the awesome gorilla tents :)

Here are some pics with a plexiglas (something fine and light and crystal clear = 25cm*50 cm = 5.20 € )

IMG_4402-08.jpg

To have a quick look inside the tent, I don't need more than this.
IMG_4402-07.jpg

Nothing is coming in (remember that the air inside the tent is pre-filtered! so the less I open the door, the purer the air)
IMG_4402-07b.jpg

That's what I see.... and no bug can sneak in flying over my head , they would crash on the curtain!
IMG_4402-09.jpg

Now, If I need to go in, I will - i just slide the curtain like any shower curtain) - this shower curtain+plexiglas window will minimize dust and stuff when i am just looking at the weed, and that's often :) , and i didn't have to cut a window in my own tent's walls or buy a brand new tent just to have this extra confort (and long wanted feature!).
:ganjamon: I can even smoke my spliff while watching them grow, the smoke or ashes will not go inside (as long as i don't burn the pvc curtain with the spliff lol ) !

Total investment: 12€ (pvc curtain) +5.20€ (plexiglass) (+strong tape)

All seeds are in their pots:

Now we have
Autos:

- Auto Night Queen (Dutch Passion) in 25 L
- Bloody Skunk (sweet seeds) in 25L
- Bloody Skunk (sweet seeds) in 11L
- Red Poison (sweet seeds) in 11L
- Red Poison (sweet seeds) in 7L
- Auto Colorado Cookie (Dutch Passion) in 11L
- Auto Colorado Cookie (Dutch Passion)in 7L
- Crystal Meth (Fast Buds) 11L
- Jack 47 Auto (Sweet Seeds) 7L
- Northern Light Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds) 11L
Fems:
- Orange Hill special (Dutch Passion) vegging for 3 weeks - 3.6L

That's 10 autos and 1 fem.

Hi spacef! Great job on your grow and it's nice to see the harvesting and drying process!
I also love the DIY stuff you did! Are you trying to avoid having to wash the buds?

Hi spacef! Great job on your grow and it's nice to see the harvesting and drying process!
I also love the DIY stuff you did! Are you trying to avoid having to wash the buds?

I am trying to achieve pure air environment, and may be to wash buds, but it is also about the growing environment.
+ I wanted a window so much :) that was the solution as it would not be reasonable to buy a Gorilla tent right now, and didn't want to ruin my own box by cutting it.

I will not do this in the 60*60 tent, it makes sense in this 4*4 (120*120*200) and in bigger tents too. Or if I did it, I would put the plex in a vertical fashion (you could examine the plant pretty closely that way).

And it also makes sense only if your intracted air is filtered and cleaner than the air you live in :)

Now I can work outside the tent, with the tent "closed", while me and the plant are still enjoying the LEDs power. No dust, fiber, joint ashes nor bugs flying in. and still a filtered atmosphere inside.
It is not yet 100% air tight, but it is obviously 99 % better than 2 days ago (at the end of the grow, it should be 80-90% better than without it, ie in terms of less stuff coming in through the door. ...).

The tent is "closed" for me, letting light thru, but it is a desired feature like an aquarium / terrarium .. To block light, then the mylar door is used.

IMG_4402-10.jpg

In a bigger room, you can work inside and still see the outside and have the tent "closed"
IMG_4402-11.jpg

One side is wrapped around one of the tent's vertical bar, so it doesn't move, but remains removable The other side and the middle have rings and can be detached.

Crap, I had to open the tent to take that pic :lot-o-toke: putting the plants at high risk :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: for 2 minutes :phew::phew:

IMG_4402-121.jpg

I think I will also find a way to cut a closable slot to slide my hand and a sprayer inside, while remaining outside, to spray the plants with the door closed :) I don't know what to use to close the slot yet, but i have that in mind.

I think you're insane :)
But in a good way! I like that when you want something you go all the way! You'll still have to wash the buds but at least it's sure you can get everything out with proper air management.

I like them Gorilla tent and I hoped they had a 2x2 but they got a 2x2,5. This 15cm extra is a no-no because I wouldn't be able to open the door of my bathroom anymore!

I got an unrelated question about the bud rot you got : did you happen to have at any moment a temperature lower than 20°C? I read that fungus spores can't germinate above 20°C.
Cheers!

about bud rot,; i don't really know, but it is due to overwatering.
I did not have cold temperature.
It depends on the fungus in question. Something that rots will rot faster when it is hot.
it begins inside the bud, not outside.

I think you're insane :)
But in a good way! I like that when you want something you go all the way! You'll still have to wash the buds but at least it's sure you can get everything out with proper air management.

I like them Gorilla tent and I hoped they had a 2x2 but they got a 2x2,5. This 15cm extra is a no-no because I wouldn't be able to open the door of my bathroom anymore!

I got an unrelated question about the bud rot you got : did you happen to have at any moment a temperature lower than 20°C? I read that fungus spores can't germinate above 20°C.
Cheers!

Spacef, you grow some great buds!!!! Great set up. I saw your netting you use to dry and assume you use it for scrogging too??? Ive done a few yard grows and started my first tent grow last july. Im in day 25 of flower. I wonder when do you scrogg???? im thinking before stretch??? Mine are done stretching I think. Anyways i will be coming to you for guidance because you have skills my brother!
Blue Dream is my primary strain I bred into and its nice to see its a 10 week strain indoors so That tells me mid Oct for outdoors.???
I sent you a friend request because I want to remember who to go to for indoor advice! In July/Aug. it was rough trying to keep my tents temps under 80 deg. Much better in Oct. I open the back flaps to let more air in ti cool but dont want bugs either, So after reading your thread I can see to keep it closed as much as possible. Im still experimenting and troubleshooting the tent. Im posting some pics. I hope to get your insight!!!
The pics of my yard grow
20161003_111615.jpg
20161015_121005.jpg
20161022_080856.jpg
20161022_080943.jpg
20161017_082028.jpg
20161017_082139.jpg
and the last 2 are the tent
Namaste

. I saw your netting you use to dry and assume you use it for scrogging too??? Ive done a few yard grows and started my first tent grow last july. Im in day 25 of flower. I wonder when do you scrogg????

I don't use the nets for scrogging, but only for drying
I used the big one it to push a few heads down, but I will not do it anymore, it breaks branches etc. it makes plants diificult to move or to access.

If you want to scrog, then the screen must be attached to the pot, in order to move with it. like a grid on each pot rather than on the whole room. That way, you can still move each plant, turn it around etc.

I don't scrog, and I won't even bother trying. Too heavy logictics for me when it is more than 1 or 2 plants.
I will continue pulling and bending my branches. I have dug holes in my containers and will use those to pass wires to pull branches down, like a LST and not like a Scrog.

Your defoliated girl looks great, I would not touch it for 10 /15 days now.

nb: ppl say you should fill the scrog screen up to 2/3 of the area, then flip to flowering cycle.

also about the blue dream, it is the first time i grow it, i am not an expert. They give indoor time because it is the only thing they can test and measure. Outdoor it depends on the weather, you will probably know when it is done.

I do LST them and glad thats all they need. I figured once you Scrogg them theres no moving them and hope for no bugs because how can you treat?? The LST gives enough support and i figure you tie buds down with wire to keep them from the lights? I jerry rigged string in my yard grow in July and it helped big time in Oct. i also LST'd my yard grow, some heavy. Practicing. Spacef I seen your netting and figured you scrogged too. Great info!!
Namaste

Hi Sara, does your question has to do with the PVC curtain I am using? I am reading that PVC can be dangerous so may be i will need to change it for something made with another material (i don't know what else is transparent). I will probably get a piece of mylar to do the window more safely.

Hi SpaceF,i got one question: How about the temperature in your tent? :high-five:

about bud rot,; i don't really know, but it is due to overwatering.
I did not have cold temperature.
It depends on the fungus in question. Something that rots will rot faster when it is hot.
it begins inside the bud, not outside.

Thanks for answering! I went back to the post you made when you had it and now I understand better. It's real tricky to find the perfect time to water with temperatures change! 3-4 weeks ago I watered every 5 days, 2 weeks ago it was 4 and yesterday I came to the realization that I had to do 3 days because on day 4 the plan already starts to become droopy!

Back
Top Bottom