Grow 3 - 10 Recent Auto Strains - LEDs Mars Hydro II 1200 - Box 120x120/4x4

Lookin great Spacef!!! To bad about the gsc. I've got a gcs and a black cream going and both are a pretty good size. The black cream is amazing to look at with her red and purple coloring. The gsc is slower to flower but lookin like a good yeilder.

Day 53 - 3 are Ready to Flush
====================

Here are a few ready to flush, and crop in 10 / 15 days. They are all small because vegeed to long under CFL before going to leds. The yield will not be great, but quality.... enough to wait for the few next ones :)

By the way, previous pics are plants of day 35 approx.

California snow. I had to get rid of 1 branch (make light, test, was great uplifting, strong, i could crop it now and be very happy...). Crop in 1 / 2 weeks max
053-001CaliS.jpg

AutoNight Queen , Crop in 15 / 20 days
053-002AutoNQ.jpg

Amnesia auto XXL, Crop in 15/20 days.
053-003Amnesia.jpg

The purple skunk is doing ok too (day 12 since germination).
053-Day12Purple.jpg

Friggin beautiful garden, Space! Excellent job my friend! Cant wait to see Bloody Skunk hit her stride. I have a few of them on order along with the GSC and Black Cream. Im pretty impressed with the genetics from Fast Buds and Sweet Seeds thus far. :thumb: My May seed order from HAZE.IO will be most of the Fast Buds and Sweet Seeds line. :lot-o-toke: Id like to have a 1lb head stash for my winter vacation. (1 zip of 16 strains) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 58 / 41
=========

The Auto Colorado Cookie and the Amnesia XXL are 30 cm taller than all other plants. The CFL are put in use to light the back of the plant. Also, it helps them point toward the top if they reach the limits of the led halo.
I also have stuff to get more space behinf the plants (boxes, empty bootles , whetever can push back the tent's walls).

The CFL are between 20 and 30 cm from the tops. (10 cm = 3.9 inch, 21cm = 8.3, 30 cm = 11.8, 43 cm = 16.9 )

AutoColorado Cookie at the far right.
058-041-AutoColorado.jpg

I wish there was an easy way to remove the glass to clean it every now and then...
058-LightOptim01.jpg

It's not that hard and probably would be well worth to learn in the long run. After all proper maintenance would be key to having the light last the long haul, even more so with dust and dirt flying into it. Everything looks great man :goodjob:

It's not that hard and probably would be well worth to learn in the long run.

Yes but it could void the warranties. You also have to cut some fan attachments and dissassemble the whole thing. it is very complicated on the mars 1200 which is large and heavy ! It could be easier if the glasse was attached from below the panel and serviceable by user without voiding warranties (screws inside the glass) + it would enhance airflow. When I will do it (because it is necessary when using humidifiers/ionizers) I will make sure I also have 4 Noctua 120mm fans because the factory ones are really noisy and because you have to cut some fan attachments anyways.

I have topped the Blow Mind twice: once on top and another time on two branches of the 2nd node.
065-Day21-BlMind.jpg

I will also top the Purple Skunk a second time, but I am not yet sure if it will be on secondary branches like on the blow mind, or if I will top the top again!I have 3 or 4 days to decide. I am also afraid the buds will be smaller and smaller as topping is done, but at the same time, I am not convinced by the advantage of topping over "doing nothing" in terms of production, size, bud sites etc.
065-Day21-BlSk.jpg

Looking very nice man. As soon as I get the new ones I'm planning on swapping them out I've been hearing that the fans were just not strong enough dust shouldn't be settling in the machine at all.

They are strong enough, but they are very noisy and they blow on the wrong side (taking air from top to blow on the radiator, but it would be better if it took air from the sides to reject it from the top .... ) :)

Looking very nice man. As soon as I get the new ones I'm planning on swapping them out I've been hearing that the fans were just not strong enough dust shouldn't be settling in the machine at all.

No they got the fan going the right way if they were blowing up the air pressure wouldn't be directly on the heat sink blades. If anything on with a higher rpm or m3/h would be better if you really wanted to get all fancy you could always get one of the smaller 100m3/h intake fans and a bit of the tubing and run it directly onto the light... But a filter for the intake on the fans would keep a lot of the dust out (but then you'd have to clean it) or like I said just some more strength would stop the dust from building up but really proper maintenance would be the best way as for warranty they are pretty good with it I would assume.

The problem taking air from the top, is that that air is hot :) Heat is then rejected through the sides and goes back to the top (warm air goes up + that where there is an extraction fan). You suck and send back hot air and you loose a bit in terms of ventilation efficiency.

The heat sink takes heat from the leds: by sucking air from the sides, the air will be fresher and will move enough around the blades, which do not need to be "refreshed": it is the heat that need evacuation. That way it could be more efficient. Two noctua NF-F12 could be enough, instead of 4. If I had better extraction in the tent, i would definitely use 2 fans only (whatever is the way it is blowing).

+ you can have two panels side by side, and it makes more sense to have air flow into the sides of the 2 panels, rather that blown toward each other panel (and at the end it is hot air going back to the plants). Try it !

It is not necessarily the most powerful fan speed that gives the best temperature results. Sometimes, you get better results when it is slower. there are a lot of different fan designs too. the Noctuas are the best for CFM vs dB (not price) and they also have an industrial range (the "NF-F12 industrialppc" copes with high humidity/temperatures .... I will have to add a rheobus to the mars hydro to control new fans :)

I will need to contact Mars Hydro to see what they can do in terms of custom led arrangments panel size and upgrades and rebrand it "spacef-hydro" or something like that :D :goodluck:

No they got the fan going the right way if they were blowing up the air pressure wouldn't be directly on the heat sink blades. If anything on with a higher rpm or m3/h would be better if you really wanted to get all fancy you could always get one of the smaller 100m3/h intake fans and a bit of the tubing and run it directly onto the light... But a filter for the intake on the fans would keep a lot of the dust out (but then you'd have to clean it) or like I said just some more strength would stop the dust from building up but really proper maintenance would be the best way as for warranty they are pretty good with it I would assume.

Middle of Week 7
===========
A few leaves are begining to change color, allowing some photoshop filters to come up with nice stuff.
066-colors.jpg

I finally topped the Bskunk again, topping the two new tops that result from last topping.
A bit of "LST" too... these branches got no rest since a couple of days ago. It seems to grow much better after removing the lower branches straight away.

066-LSTday24-.jpg

Hi ! a few pheno pics from the garden! middle of week 8.

Jack 47 Auto Phenotype 2: last grow I planted 2 jack47 and got 2 phenotypes. This time it's the same, and it's awesome because i love them both. Pheno2 is the sexiest, I'm happy I did not top it and kept it with its natural shape that I love.
:circle-of-love:
070-JackPheno2.jpg

Autocolorado cookie: i hated it, sweared and cursed it, and now it is the tallest of my plants. it sucks water at fast speed! lots of small buds.
055-AutoColorado.jpg

AutoColoradoCookie bud close up
070-ColoradoBud.jpg

AutoNightQueen: this pheno is different than the previous one. The green is clearer, less "military". It grew like a cloud and looked like chewing gum. Truely, I had to make efforts not to take a big bite off this cotton candy stick.
070-AUtoNightQueen.jpg

California Snow: great strain, productive etc. my favorite from "Fast Buds" so far. easy, big plants, good production. top notch!
070-CaliSnow.jpg

Young purple skunk . It's just below the led panel center. in the middle of other plants. It's preflowering and stretching up.
070-PurpleSkunkDay30.jpg

and the trippy picture of the day !
070-trippy.jpg

Spring and Summer are coming. Bugs and shroomz will be coming back soon. Next year, I will end the session 1 month sooner.

cul8r

Middle of week 10
============

Current rig with sunrise/sunset routines. The Reflectors of the CFLS are also placed to reflect the LED light.
070-rigupdate.jpg

The California Snow in a 60*60 Box.
070-Cali60b.jpg

Young Purple ending pre-flo
070-purple2.jpg

Purple pheno:
070-purple.jpg

Back
Top Bottom