SpaceF Grow 4 - Perpetual Organic - 8 Feminized Strains - 1000W LEDs

wow,my favorite pink color.:cheer:
DAY 90 // Flo + 54
=============

Today, we are going to look into the maturation of the trichomes and if it has a relation to senescence.
Only the buds of the Washing Machine and the Ayaweshca Purple look soon to be finished. The 3 other strains are still young (see previous posts for pics).

First, you will see the pics of the buds that I am going to study with the macro lens, and then the macro shots.

But in fact, you don't need macro, because none of the plant in the tent show any sign of senescence (leaves becoming colored like in fall/autumn).

Therefore I should not need macro to be sure that the trichomes are *not* ready.

In the following weeks, I am going to use senescence as a primary factor to know when it can be cropped, unless all the trichomes turn amber before that, which I think would be weird because it doesn't follow the plant's plan.

Here's a group picture where you can see all strains. Only the one at the front look like they are ready.
However, notice that no leave is showing any sign of senescence. Deficiency here and there, but they are all green.
d0088-001.jpg

Now, the bud of the washing machine. Thrichomes are white all over, there is no part which is apparently brown, as it generally happen on top buds.
d0088-003.jpg

crystal clear
d0088-005ww.jpg

crystal clear
d0088-006ww.jpg

Mostly crystal, a few cloudy. The "amber" look like the trichomes bulbs have fallen (stuck on my fingers?)= and so we don't know. let's say that a very few are amber.
d0088-007ww.jpg

Lots of clear, a few cloudy, and a few that begin to be amber (it looks like it is begining to be brownish at the center of the trichome bulbs).
d0088-008ww.jpg

may be this one will be ready in 10/15 days. "Ambering" can happen quickly, in 3 or 4 days, so the washing machine will have to be watched closely in a week or so.

The Ayaweshca Purple. Like the other one, it is very white and does not show brown parts.
d0088-004.jpg

Crystal clear but a few are becoming cloudy
d0088-009aya.jpg

I am not sure it is amber or light reflections. it is mostly crystal clear and may be there is a bit of ambering. let's say it is "beautiful but not ready yet" ! :)
d0088-010aya.jpg

Still very clear, some are becoming cloudy
d0088-011aya.jpg

Definitely crystal clear, a couple of amber that do not really count.
d0088-012aya.jpg

So, mainly crystal clear, a few sign of cloudyness, amber is not there yet : it will probably take longer than waching machine.....

IN CONCLUSION
===========

This post shows that the right time for cropping is indicated by various factors such as senescence of the leaves and trichome colors.

However, as long as the plant does not show any sign of senescence, it is not really necessary to check the trichomes, because the absence of senescence means that the trichomes are not matured.

At least, that's what I will look into in the following weeks, I can't get enough of those pictures from the trichome dimension :)

I want to try a SOG of the new lemon og candy from philo should be a good one they did a test grow with a heliospectra light and got great results

Yes I want to try in 4 small pots of 3.6 liters in next grow, just like I did at first on my urban-guerilla-balcony-grow.
It should give approx 12/15g Dry per plant. May be it is the best way to try a lot of strains before growing a big one.

I want to try a SOG of the new lemon og candy from philo should be a good one they did a test grow with a heliospectra light and got great results

Day 100 in 7 days (F+64) !

Photos are big plants and they have suffered from the overpopulation in the tent. The lower branches are not very solid, because they are usually uspported by a neigbour plant. The supporting plant was the Furious Candy, and as it was removed, WM has nothing to hold to!
+ it is impossible to flush like that.

Let's repair it and flush it !

The branches are literrally falling on the ground, they can't support themselves without a neigbour plant. They are also all on the same side. The branches on the other side (no neigbour plant) are higher and support themselves.
d0092-001.jpg

1.20m sticks and rope to "pack" the plant
d0092-002.jpg

After pruning many leaves to let light through
d0092-003.jpg

Flushing in the shower. After the shower, I flush the tap water with special bottled water (2 bottles of 1.5L =3L) then let it rest for 20 minutes.
d0092-004.jpg

Removing and replacing the net was a little bit difficult. I should have cut the bamboo sticks, but it is too late to use the saw; it would kill the buds with wood powder/dust.
d0092-005.jpg

The Blue Dream
d0092-006.jpg

Blue Dream on the left and GSC on the right.
d0092-007.jpg

Aya's lower buds
d0092-009.jpg

GSC, Aya, Blue Dream
d0092-010.jpg

I used a stick on aya too
d0092-011.jpg

I hope to fill 8 / 10 jars of 0.75 L (approx 30/45 g per jar depends on strain and bud size).
d0092-008.jpg

CuL8r

Hi friends !

Today I spotted another bud rot on the Lemon HB, and I removed the bud. It wasn't a big one, but may be 3g dry...+the other one, i already lost 15/20g on the LKHB. But it was rather dry and other buds are fine. The Lemon is a big yielder so it should still deliver. my hands smell citrus, great fresh smell.

Here are the finish date according to specs (weeks/days of flowering)

- AYA = 50 days = 8 weeks = oct 15 (end of next week, but i think trichomes will not be as amber as i would like)
- WACHING MACHINE = 65 days = 9.2 weeks = 23/25 oct.
- BLUE DREAM = 10 weeks of flo = around 1st/2nd week of november
- GSC = 10 weeks = around 1st/2nd week of november
- LEMON HB = 9 weeks of flo, but was vegged 10 days less, so it is late = it will probably go until mid november.

What is annoying is that the big room is on 12/12 and i can't put new autos in it.

I have read something very interesting for fems with 12/12 light cycle from seeds.
Anyone tried?

All is fine in this respect, it is even in the dryest spot in the tent, it never goes above 37% :)
It is just that it is a strain that is more sensitive to soil humidity than the others and so it is more delicate to deal with.

By experience with past plants that also showed a coupled of rot buds, i am more than 100% sure that it is caused only by overwatering, and the plant is too full of water and if water don't evaporate well from the inner layers of the bud, there is stagnant moist and it will naturally rot.

Extractor: 420 m3/h permanent.
Intractor: mainly passive now, and dust-filtered.
RH : on the dry side of things (35/45).
Temps: day 26/30°C - night 20/21°C

The bud rot was dry and in fact something I spotted last week when i began giving her less water, but forgot to check again since. The brown rot was dry and small, very located. It is something that happened 2 or 3 weeks ago and stopped spreading when i took measures 10 days ago. I had to remove it to examine it and see what happened.

The Lemon HB is thriving, i have lost 10/12g - and a potential nug of the month - but i will get the rest anyway ;-)

are you getting high variations in rh% between lights on and off and is your extraction fan running constantly??

Day 95 / F+ 59
==========

Hi!
damn the finish line is still far!

I have noted the number of weeks left for each strain, but that's according to factory specifications.
Barney's Farm Ayaweshca Purple, flushed, 1 week to go!
d0095-001.jpg
d0095-002.jpg

Blimburn Seed's Girl Scout Cookie... was in a corner, it's quite thin, but buds are very ok! 2 or 3 weeks to go!
d0095-003.jpg
d0095-004.jpg

Humbolt's Blue Dream, clearly the bigger, it loves water, like 2.5 liters every 2 day. Still 3 or 4 weeks to go !
d0095-005.jpg
d0095-006.jpg

Humbolt, Lemon Kush Headband, 4 or 5 weeks to go!
d0095-007.jpg
d0095-008.jpg

Not so bad for plants that were left alone several times this summer! the only downside is that there is still a month to go for most of them...
d0095-009.jpg

I like this view too :)
d0095-010.jpg

They are all 80cm except the lemonHB which is 90cm (from floor, ie with the height of the pot).

Also, I have put the mars 400 above Aya and GSC, which is almost the double as the reflector 48 (which is in the Auto veg room now).

I still need to repair the 400W COB for next session....

The Blue dream is showing sign of aging, as leaves are less green, more yellow-green now.

Cul8r

DAY 97 - F+61 - Middle of Flo-Week 8
=========================

To flush or not to flush, that's the question!!

Washing Machine + Aya's Purple are already Flushed, 10 days ago and a couple of days ago respectively.
Blue Dream and GSC receive big dose of liquid nuts, and Lemon HB - which is 10 days younger - is on a water diet, which makes her leaves greener.

SENESCENCe: lower leaves are slightly yellower, and some bud-leaves-tips begin to take different colors, especially for WM and Aya's. Flushing will make the plant use the nuts stocked in the leaves, and so the cholorphyl will disapear, making a change from green to....

Let's see:

AYA's PURPLE:
=========

d0097-001.jpg
d0097-002.jpg
d0097-003.jpg
d0097-003b.jpg
d0097-004.jpg

Here's the pic most representative of Aya's state of trichomes: cloudier than last time, a bit of amber. Should be ready in a few days, completely on time.
d0097-005.jpg

WASHING MACHINE
==============

d0097-006.jpg
d0097-007.jpg
d0097-007b.jpg
d0097-008.jpg

Here's the pic most representative of WM state of trichomes: pretty cloudy, a bit of amber.
it is cloudier and the tip leaves of WM are more colored than AYA's, may be it is related? wait and see...
d0097-009.jpg

A quick view of the others:

LEMON HB
- so young
d0097-010.jpg

BLUE DREAM - Crystal Clear, at least 2 weeks to go
d0097-011.jpg

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE - Clear and cloudy
d0097-012.jpg

I think I must flush everything except Lemon HB, and may be blue dream will get another dose of nuts....; it's about time.

Lots of "lost trichome heads", certainly because of the net..... the net causes a lot of damages if you intend to keep the plants mobile.

Trying to figure out how I am going to dry all that because the other room is taken by the ANQ.... and ican't start next session before i figure all that out :)

cu

I begin to have an idea of the 2 next grow sessions.
First I'll do an automatic session, because i need some Bloody Skunk and I want to grow it in several sizes.
Then, the second Fem session, because it will be easier to use the last weeks of the auto session with 20/4 light cycle. The contrary is not possible, and this is the only way to save 3 to 4 weeks.

The strains are selected and are what I already have at home....

Next sessions strain selection

Auto session (november to january)
========================

1 Bloody Skunk 8 weeks
2 Red Poison 8 weeks
3 Jack 47 Auto 9 weeks
4 Auto Mandarine XL 9 weeks
5 Colorado Cookie 11 weeks
6 Six Shooter 8-9 weeks
7 Crystal Meth 8-9 weeks

Probably not part of next session
8 West Coast OG 9 weeks
9 Blow Mind 9 weeks
10 Syrup 8 weeks
11 White Yoda 12 weeks
12 Amnesia XXL 12 weeks

PHOTO-FEM SESSION (january to march)
=============================

1 Orange Hill Special 9 weeks Flo
2 jack 47 Fem 10 weeks
3 Blue Mistic 8 weeks + veg longer
4 Gift to be received (Royal Queen Seeds) unless i don't find it sexy :)

+ 2 best to choose from the current session, which is difficult because i want to do a Lemon HB the right way, and another Blue Dream and Aya's... may be GSC.... there is time to taste the strains and choose 2. Or may be i will not grow the Jack 47 fem as I have it in auto already...

5 Aya's Purple 9 weeks
6 Blue Dream 10 weeks
7 GSC 9-10 weeks
8 Lemon HB 9 weeks
9 Wash Mach 9 weeks + veg longer
10 Furious Candy 7 weeks

There will be pots of 20 L , 11L and 7L (may be 14L too, not yet sure).

Impatient to know which Royal Queen Seed I will receive in a few days.....

:love: :goodjob:
DAY 97 - F+61 - Middle of Flo-Week 8
=========================

To flush or not to flush, that's the question!!

Washing Machine + Aya's Purple are already Flushed, 10 days ago and a couple of days ago respectively.
Blue Dream and GSC receive big dose of liquid nuts, and Lemon HB - which is 10 days younger - is on a water diet, which makes her leaves greener.

SENESCENCe: lower leaves are slightly yellower, and some bud-leaves-tips begin to take different colors, especially for WM and Aya's. Flushing will make the plant use the nuts stocked in the leaves, and so the cholorphyl will disapear, making a change from green to....

Let's see:

AYA's PURPLE:
=========

d0097-001.jpg
d0097-002.jpg
d0097-003.jpg
d0097-003b.jpg
d0097-004.jpg

Here's the pic most representative of Aya's state of trichomes: cloudier than last time, a bit of amber. Should be ready in a few days, completely on time.
d0097-005.jpg

WASHING MACHINE
==============

d0097-006.jpg
d0097-007.jpg
d0097-007b.jpg
d0097-008.jpg

Here's the pic most representative of WM state of trichomes: pretty cloudy, a bit of amber.
it is cloudier and the tip leaves of WM are more colored than AYA's, may be it is related? wait and see...
d0097-009.jpg

A quick view of the others:

LEMON HB
- so young
d0097-010.jpg

BLUE DREAM - Crystal Clear, at least 2 weeks to go
d0097-011.jpg

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE - Clear and cloudy
d0097-012.jpg

I think I must flush everything except Lemon HB, and may be blue dream will get another dose of nuts....; it's about time.

Lots of "lost trichome heads", certainly because of the net..... the net causes a lot of damages if you intend to keep the plants mobile.

Trying to figure out how I am going to dry all that because the other room is taken by the ANQ.... and ican't start next session before i figure all that out :)

cu

(thanks for your replies but please try not to reply systematically with "all" the pics again in your reply, it makes the thread difficult to follow - thanks for your understanding - nb: this is not a sponsored journal)

Signs of senescence
=============

All plants have been flushed today, because all of them show signs of senescence. There is no more nuts in there.
d0099-001.jpg

The Blue Dream tip-leaves are yellowing faster than expected. Crop should be in8 days may be, but trichs will be watched closely.
d0099-003.jpg

The GSC begins to show some signs, but very located. The trichs should be cloudy enough in a couple of days, I will check them again but I think it is for soon.
d0099-002.jpg

The Washing machine. No signs on tip-leaves, but the buds edges are purple. Some leaves are also dark rather than yellow. This color appeared a couple of days ago. It should be cropped on monday normally, to get 8 full weeks.
d0099-004.jpg

Aya is just like washing machine.
d0099-005.jpg

The Lemon HB is clearly not ready.
d0099-006.jpg

in conclusion, watch for changes in colors of tip leaves as well as bud leaves. remember that some strains keep green leaves until the end (GSC is known for this).

one of the last group picture (with some fx to show the buds)
d0099-007.jpg

That's how it looked when i switched to 12/12...and went on hollydays ;-) , about 2 month ago.
(1 plant was removed, the furious candy, which did not make it due to root rot). Looks like the stretch was around 2,5.
051-38-30-003.jpg

Gearing up for drying
==============

Both rooms are occupied and plants will not be cropped at the same time anyway.
So I got my old 60*60*100 tent from the cellar, and set it up for drying. ventilation is what is missing.
I may get a simple 100mm extractor and tubes and send the air to the big 4*4 tent, near the big extractor.
Unless i do like before and use a very gentle PC fan for extraction and live with the weed smell for a couple of weeks until the other 60*60 room is free.

I didn't think i would ever use it again -2*2*3 (60*60*100) :) Here with 2 nets for hanging stuff.
d0099-008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom