Grow 3 - 10 Recent Auto Strains - LEDs Mars Hydro II 1200 - Box 120x120/4x4

This is a post that I also post in the auto-topping thread. I think the 2nd method is great for a high quality yield in a dense room, because it seems to ensure the same quality from the top of the plant until it's very bottom

Hello !

This is my report on the expermiments with 3 cuts instead of 1.
2 methods were used that can be summarized like this:

1) "1 stem has been topped 3 times"

2) "3 stems have been topped once"4

A little of lst has been used on both plants to spread the branches. it was easier on the 2nd method due to the more balanced size.

Details after pictures;
Blow Mind Auto (left) = 44 cm, Bloody Skunk Auto (right) = 54 cm
110-75-all2.jpg

1st method

=========
You top a first time at the 3rd node. When 2 new branches are born and can be topped, you top them too. You also cut the lower branches as soon as the upper ones have enough leaves not to suffer from the loss of the lower ones.
110-75BS.jpg

A lot of stress is put on 1 stem. The plant will grow the new branches as fast as it can, but in the meantime, the lower - untopped, branches will grow. The time that it takes for the 3-top to reach an "adult" size is too long and will bring you past the stretching period.
The result is a plant with big buds on the sides and a lot of smaller branches at the center.

Advantages of the method:
The shape is interesting for someone who seeks to produce a "SOG of taller plants" . The vertical structure may help densify the number of containers in the same room.
However, I beleive that the 2nd method described below is the best for auto-SOG.

2nd method:
==========
You top the main stem as you wish at 3rd or 4th node. At the same time, or as soon as you can a few days later, you also top the branches that have grown below the node that you topped. You also cut the lower branches as soon as the upper ones have enough leaves not to suffer from the loss of the lower ones.
110-75-bm.jpg

The big difference with the first method is that, during stretching, the plant will not show as much differences in size between topped and untopped branches. it is much more balanced. I also found that LST was easier.

Advantages of the method:
- LST was easier to do.
- The buds are extremely dense, more than in the first method.
- It is also much densier than the same plant that I've grown previously and topped once only.

Second method seems perfect for auto topping-SOG (more plants in smaller growrooms).

I'm not gonna be running autos next run. I think I'm gonna top once on the 3rd node cut the first nodes growth out leave just the 2nd and 3rd nodes and I'll tie down the 3rd node a bit to make them all even. I'm gonna end up with 4 main budding site each plant and hope for 7-10 grams a budding site. I think it's possible but that's a lot of bud in my space would be a sight to see tho.
:goodjob: On the write up man. I think for me no more autos for a while I want to try to the max out of my space. I might go with a high yielding strain on the run after this one just to see what the max would be .

I am very tempted to make a single fem in the 60*60 box this summer but i'm afraid it's going to be very hot in july/august... it might go above 40° C if i run the lights during the day.... and if I reverse the day/night of the growroom, it means day and night will have the same temp.... may be i should wait september like I planned originally....

I'm not gonna be running autos next run. I think I'm gonna top once on the 3rd node cut the first nodes growth out leave just the 2nd and 3rd nodes and I'll tie down the 3rd node a bit to make them all even. I'm gonna end up with 4 main budding site each plant and hope for 7-10 grams a budding site. I think it's possible but that's a lot of bud in my space would be a sight to see tho.
:goodjob: On the write up man. I think for me no more autos for a while I want to try to the max out of my space. I might go with a high yielding strain on the run after this one just to see what the max would be .

Small update on Day 76 of those 2 plants

Bloody Skunk and Blow Mind: done, i've flushed a last time and will crop in 2 or 3 days.

Bloody Skunk top bud
115-76-bs1.jpg

Bloody Skunk Lower Bud
115-76-bs2_.jpg

Blow mInd top bud
115-76-bm1_.jpg

Blow Mind lower bud
115-76-bm2.jpg

Looks awesome man and great work with the micro shots as for the temps what I'm planning on doing is veg em out til it gets a bit warmer then gonna have the lights 11on/13off and have her flowering at night to keep the temps down. I guess where you have it located in the house/apartment is important as well... I might not have any problems with temps because mines in a central area in my place so the temps don't really fluctuate that much.

They look lovely man Great job
:goodjob:

Day 78...
I cannot harvest before tomorrow according to moon gardening calendars (weed included) .
So, in order to avoid more maturation today and tomorrow, i switched all the lights Off, except the MArs Hydro which is in Veg only most of the time.

Bloody Skunk (lots of dust fibers.... too bad, I will have to clean)... it was looking better a week ago...
078-BS01.jpg
076-BS03.jpg
076-BS02.jpg

Blow Mind

076-BM036.jpg
076-BM02.jpg
076-BM01.jpg

And a last one for the road :)
078-22.jpg

Might have to go swimming today that sea is looking mighty tempting LOL
so lucky :) it's so dry now, well, only 50%, but the buds are drying at fast speed.
Would kick ass to bring everything to the beach to think about the future of the world while looking at seagulls diving for fish, lol :) (i have filled a dozen of 1/2 liter jars, sometimes two jars per plant, hoping to reach 250/300 g, stay tuned)...

It is also hard to dismantle the large box now that it is empty...it is like closing a good book :) but it's too hot, bugs are blooming outside, . A large grow like this present journal would be a disaster with red spiders, myths and ...stufff :) would probably be worth it if filmed and financed as a reality show ("nightmare in the growbox, season 1") . Although, it is worth pointing out that the risk is lower because I have noticed that bugs hate to be under the led light, so it seems to bring bug-protection to the plants by making the light less-bug-friendly (something we might loose when using leds with sun-spectrums?)..

Going to join fellow growers today...to make common use of our lower quality buds and other by-products of the manucure.... not sure what to expect lol :) extraction from 8 strains or more (not sure what they're bringing)....

Last week:

110-75-crop1.jpg

Looks awesome man :thumb: and a nice yield with autos if you were to do photo fems you could veg em out longer and train and top them more and your yield would increase double probably :p

We used water and ice in extract kits (3 filtering bags in a 3 or 4 gal bucket).
Approx 50g of buds +20/30g of dried green leaves (we did not measure. It's approximately 2.5 liters of buds and stuff). no machine used, stirring with kitchen spoons and sticks, by hand (next time, need to bring the drill with a paint mixing paddle).

The mix is something like that:
40% Citral+ (Fem) (a bit like blow mind less "fresh" (mint/peppermint?) )
+ 30% Jack 47 Auto (most present flavor, mango, i've put nice buds in there)),
+ 30% Blow Mind+Amnesia+BloodySkunk+ traces of Mexican Airlines.
= Clearly something that can't be found on any black or white market and that I never tasted before (in my area at least ;-) )

I am very surprised of the amount we got at the 1st extraction. 8grams in total, I could not stay for the second extraction which should be the same weight.

Here is half of the production of 1 extraction only :)

20160612_130935.jpg

2nd bag (sorry i smoke the 1st bag filter before taking the shots :) lol )
202-001.jpg

3rd bag (finer)
202-002.jpg
202-004.jpg

Wasn't hard to do, good experience, very relaxing and smooth effect (due to my young trichomes) :)
The taste is classic pollen, a bit fresher, very clean, subtle mix of flavors. Must be kept for mid-evening relaxation ;-)

:goodjob:It looks great.congratulations!!!
We used water and ice in extract kits (3 filtering bags in a 3 or 4 gal bucket).
Approx 50g of buds +20/30g of dried green leaves (we did not measure. It's approximately 2.5 liters of buds and stuff). no machine used, stirring with kitchen spoons and sticks, by hand (next time, need to bring the drill with a paint mixing paddle).

The mix is something like that:
40% Citral+ (Fem) (a bit like blow mind less "fresh" (mint/peppermint?) )
+ 30% Jack 47 Auto (most present flavor, mango, i've put nice buds in there)),
+ 30% Blow Mind+Amnesia+BloodySkunk+ traces of Mexican Airlines.
= Clearly something that can't be found on any black or white market and that I never tasted before (in my area at least ;-) )

I am very surprised of the amount we got at the 1st extraction. 8grams in total, I could not stay for the second extraction which should be the same weight.

Here is half of the production of 1 extraction only :)

20160612_130935.jpg

2nd bag (sorry i smoke the 1st bag filter before taking the shots :) lol )
202-001.jpg

3rd bag (finer)
202-002.jpg
202-004.jpg

Wasn't hard to do, good experience, very relaxing and smooth effect (due to my young trichomes) :)
The taste is classic pollen, a bit fresher, very clean, subtle mix of flavors. Must be kept for mid-evening relaxation ;-)

Hi !
Here are the measured yields of various plants, after drying and removing branches:

Grams:
=====
Mandarine XL 1..................... 33 (topped)
Jack47 1............................. 49,8 (topped)
Jack 47 Auto 2........................ 42,8 (un-topped)
AmnesiaXXL 2....................... 57,8 (un-topped)
Colorado............................. 36 (topped)
Mexican Airline..................... 30,2 (topped)
Mandarine XL 2...................... 33,8 (topped)
Blow Mind Auto 1..................... 40,1 (topped)
Blow Mind Auto 2..................... 36,4 (topped*3 )
Bloody Skunk........................... 33 (topped*3)

TOTAL MEASURED 310,1 grams (10 plants) (+ at least 5g of hash with the manucure by products).

NOT WEIGHTED: 6 plants total more than 60 / 70 G, because they were small . approx 380.1 grams, more or less. Those 6 plants would have filled 4 or the containers below (i think they are 0.75 liters). California Snow was the biggest yielder of those un-weighted strains.

Family pic :)
250-final.jpg

Top 5 Favorite strains so far, in no particular order.
- autocolorado cookie (all day strain, powerful, social)
- california snow (good to sleep)
- jack47 auto (all day, relax)
- bloody skunk (the good quality smoke for special moments)
- auto night queen (good to sleep)

- Cream Mandarine: very precious strain for me, because it nullifies the effect of THC (you are more awake, less stoned).

The Blow mind is great too but very powerful and cause cause anger/stress if you are not warned (once you know, it is easier to control...). Should have been called "brain mess and stress" :) but it is a good strain that gives a lot of fat trichomes....

:volcano-smiley:I wish i could taste one of the bottle:Namaste:
Hi !
Here are the measured yields of various plants, after drying and removing branches:

Grams:
=====
Mandarine XL 1..................... 33 (topped)
Jack47 1............................. 49,8 (topped)
Jack 47 Auto 2........................ 42,8 (un-topped)
AmnesiaXXL 2....................... 57,8 (un-topped)
Colorado............................. 36 (topped)
Mexican Airline..................... 30,2 (topped)
Mandarine XL 2...................... 33,8 (topped)
Blow Mind Auto 1..................... 40,1 (topped)
Blow Mind Auto 2..................... 36,4 (topped*3 )
Bloody Skunk........................... 33 (topped*3)

TOTAL MEASURED 310,1 grams (10 plants) (+ at least 5g of hash with the manucure by products).

NOT WEIGHTED: 6 plants total more than 60 / 70 G, because they were small . approx 380.1 grams, more or less. Those 6 plants would have filled 4 or the containers below (i think they are 0.75 liters). California Snow was the biggest yielder of those un-weighted strains.

Family pic :)
250-final.jpg

Top 5 Favorite strains so far, in no particular order.
- autocolorado cookie (all day strain, powerful, social)
- california snow (good to sleep)
- jack47 auto (all day, relax)
- bloody skunk (the good quality smoke for special moments)
- auto night queen (good to sleep)

- Cream Mandarine: very precious strain for me, because it nullifies the effect of THC (you are more awake, less stoned).

The Blow mind is great too but very powerful and cause cause anger/stress if you are not warned (once you know, it is easier to control...). Should have been called "brain mess and stress" :) but it is a good strain that gives a lot of fat trichomes....

Back
Top Bottom