SpaceF - Organic Indoor AutoFlos - 3 Strains - CFL 250W

spacef

Hi, I'm almost done on this first indoor grow, so I will simply pick the best of the best in an accelerated version. Timelapsed forum thread! Ready ?

I wanted to grow 4 strains:

1// Cream Caramel Auto by Sweet Seeds :
Autoflowering: 100% Sex: Feminized
THC: 18% CBD: 1.6% CBN: 0.4%
Indoor Yield: 350-500 g/m2 Outdoor yield: 35-100 g / plant
Flowering indoor: 5 weeks Outdoor harvest: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 40-90 cm Blueblack x Indica Mapple Leaf x White Rhino = Cream Caramel

2// Syrup from Buddha Seeds

feminised auto-flowering cannabis strain that comes from a crossing of the sweeter Indica genetics on the market today. This is a last generation autoflowering marijuana strain, very productive and powerful, with a ginger and aphrodisiac spices aroma. Syrup's smoke is very thick and looks like cumulus clouds that, after tasted, will take you to a state of relaxation and wellness . (...) Those who have tasted it qualify it as a delictessen, and those who have grown it stand out, above all, its early harvest, since it is ready after 57 days from germination. " " "

3// Sweet Skunk Auto strain from Sweet Seeds:
Automatic: 100%
Indoor production: 400-500 g/m2. Outdoor production: 35-150 gr / plant.
Indoor/Outdoor harvest: 7 ½ weeks from germination. Height: 60-90 cm.
Critical Mass +Early Skunk+ruderalis

4// Bloody Skunk Auto from Sweet Seeds:
Genetics: Sweet Skunk Auto x Red Poison
Flowering indoor: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 60-110cm
Indoor yield: 350-550g / m2
Outdoor Yield: 35-175 gr / plant
Purple phenotypes: 85% of the plants

I knew Sweet Skunk from an outdoor balcony grow and I knew it would remain short, but as the specs say, it can reach + 60 cm or more. The Bloody Skunk is a purple based on the genetics of the Sweet Skunk.

So, ok, germinate, vegetate etc, and here is where we are after 21 days:
- I lost a first Purple skunk; it grew like a tortured mutant. , so I seeded a second one, that you see on the picture after a week or so. It looks better than the first seed, but I can see that there is a problem. Now, I understand that the soil was way too wet from the begining, because of a mistake (double dose of water....). So this see managed to grow a little more, but I think it is one of last picture of it...

ok so, Day 21, all good except the purple which is worrying because the soil won't dry and the leaves don't look ok.

021-jours-apr_s-germination-0002.jpg

Syrup: There is one blade of a leave that is completely drying:
021-Syrup-D21-001.jpg

The Sweet Sk is really a rbust strain. It grows the same way as outdoor here, may be slightly more compact, but it is supposed to be like that.
021-Sweet-SK-001.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto: Some leaves are bi-colored, like 1 half yellow, the other half green (look at the pic).. It doesn't look like a lack or excess of nutes (is it?), may be some genetic trying to expres itself ?
021-Cream-Waramel-Auto-D21-002.jpg

The Light is pretty close, and I have a new humidifier .
021-jours-apr_s-germination-0001.jpg

See you soon !

See you next time

DAY 29
=====

Flowers, or pistils or hairy stuff here and there.

I am still under-dosing the Organic Grow nutrient (Platinum Nutrients). I have also infused tea and coffee and poured that in the water. By the way, all the containers contain - mixed in the soil - green tea (china), black tea (ceylan), and a little bit of coffee from used nespresso machines (2 or 3 capsules per pot). My new grow does not have that , except for 1 pot, but I don't remember which one :bravo:

Various sources say more or less the same about tea, and its beneficial carbo hydrates. May be anti-oxydants are also available to plants.

Tea is an excellent fertilizer as it produces nitrogen , phosphoric acid , manganese and potassium , and essential nutrients for plant growth.

Ah, we lost the "Bloody Skunk", and I did not want to seed another one this time.

It does not matter, as the CFL is not very powerful at the rear, I will put 1 plant under there, and 2 on the front end where there is actually light... And that's the problem with those type of CFL, light is not homogenous in the tube, there is more light at the front than at the rear. So 3 plants is probably the best setup now.

029-all-2jpg.jpg

a close up on the Syrup

029-syrup.jpg

See you next time

Day 35
======

The stretching has begun, or more exactly, I've put the lamp higher to lower temperatures at the apex, but may be a bit too high, and some plants follow. Syrup and Cream Caramel took 6 cm (2') in one night !
The Sweet Skunk does not stretch at all. I know this plant, and I suspect that it will remain that size, which is exactly the same as the one I had on the balcony last summer.

I need a way to slow down the Cream Caramel Auto: and what should have not happened, happened !

I fu... up the pinching of the caramel auto. I've pushed too hard and the head was almost cut off ! I could have used tools to fix this, but I panicked ! and I simply finished to cut the head off ! .... sigh... it's gonna be a double headed one, so be it.

Here is a pic of the Cream Caramel Auto now, Syrup's on the far left.
035-Caramel-Auto.jpg

An artistic view from the top .
035-All-top.jpg

See you next time !

Day 44
=====

I've been giving water everyday. 250 ml or so, with nutrients and everything. The plants eat and drink.
Normally, according to the schedule, we are 1 week away from rinsing or even cropping.
But I begin to think that a few days/weeks more may be necessary.

Reminder: Strains recommended delay after germination:
===================================

SWEET SKUNK..........7,5 weeks (52,5 days)
SYRUP....................8,1 weeks (57 days)
CREAM CARAMEL......8,0 weeks (56 days)

Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel Auto - Day 44.
Remember that I've cut the cola head by mistake...
Also, you see the leave that is green+yellow ? At this point, I do not know whether it's a lack of N or a leave with "bi-coloration" as you have seen in previous photos. ... wait and see...
044-CREAMCARAMEL.jpg

Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk Auto - Day 44 - I see grease ! :D
044-SWEET-SKUNK.jpg

Buddha Seeds - Syrup - Day 44 - The Syrup is really not the most impressive strain so far, but something tells me that it will change soon.
044-SYRUPHEAD.jpg

A view from the top - day 44 - The Syrup has clearly stretched a bit too much and the other plants need boxes to put them at the same "altitude" as the Syrup.
044-TOP.jpg

See you on Day 48 !!

DAY 48
======

Day 48 ! AT last !

Stretching is over.
I am a bit disapointed about how the syrup turns out (far right on the pic below).
With the CFL, it's not going to be fast to populate. It's supposed to be ready in 10 / 15 days now...but...no way !!! :-D

Now I want the space between the main cola and the 2 buds below it becomes "closed" before i crop it.

048-All-02.jpg

Cream Caramel: COLORFUL
048-CREAM-CARAMEL.jpg

Sweet Skunk : good for balcony in urban area: 30 cm high... but normally, it's a powerful strain.
048-SWEET-SKUNK.jpg

Syrup Head... JUICY !!!!
048-SYRUPHEAD.jpg

See you soon

DAY 53 and 62
============

Some Catch up

Around day 50, I began to test small buds here and there, and on day 53, it looked like this :

053-View.jpg

And on Day 62, it more like that:

Sweet Skunk Top
The yellow is a bit early, I have not rinsed, but the Grow nutrient was diminished, a bit too much. A guy in a shop tells me that with the organic Grow I have, I Should try the max dose of Grow until the end. Leaves should take 7 / 10 days to be green again.
It looks young still, so I think I can add 7 / 1 0 days to the original schedule.
062-SweetSK-Head.jpg

Syrup
062-Syrup.jpg

Sweet Skunk
062-Sweet-SK.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto
065-Cream-Caramel-Colors.jpg

See you next time !

Day 65
======

Just 2 days after the above, the leaves of the sweet skunk are completely dry ! (on the left, foreground).

Whole branches have been smoked.... the plants look lighter than should be.
065-all-1.jpg

DAY 67 to 77
=============

OK I am almost done now. The buds do not really evelove anymore, except the Cream Caramel AUto which is still growing pistils !!

The last step of rinsing has gone well. I've showered the containers several times until clear water come out, instead of colored water.
Then I soak again with a solution of FLora Kleen (5 ml for 1.5 liter) and let it drain for an hour in the shower/bathtube.

Day 77 : Cut the SYrup
Day 78; Cut the Sweet Skunk
Day 85: cut Creaml Caramel Auto

Productivity is around 60 g per plant (wet). All plants had a similar yeild.

Smoke reports:
- Sweet Skunk: less good than outdoor. I don't recommend this strain for indoor. This strain is for guerilla growing, and in particular Urban Guerilla for small balconies and gardens with neighbours. 6 liters pots = 30 cm, 1 head, 4 branches. The Sweet Skunk has a very strong smell of Cofee grind that covers the weed smell. Stone: same as outdoor, but less powerful: the Sweet Skunk simply leaves you with no will to do anything. It makes you a weed junky potato couch lazy teenager . Smoking a joint of Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk is the last thing you want to do, until going to bed.

Syrup: I don't smell the "sugar" flavor. I have an extra flavor that is rather sour/acid. The weed is soft to smoke and less hypnotic than the sweet skunk. It is a good weed to take away to parties. The dried buds are "like stones" full of crystals. After growing that one, I would like to do a run with only SYRUPS. So that's the one that is best until now.

Creal Caramel Auto: not dried at the time of speaking but from tests, I can say that there is a high that is rather "neutral' (neither energetic or hypnotic) but doubled with the effects of CBD (1.6% according to specs). Yo uare quickly relaxed and want to go to bed, and will wake up in a good mood and shape if yuou have not abused. I will need to taste it though, but I am leaving for 2 weeks and will see what happen on my return.

Happy end of 2015 ! (good thing that year is over, right?).

SWEET SKUNK 3 days before crop
067-CD-SWEET-SK.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto 10 days before crop : on crop day, most buds were still growing pistils !
067-CD-CREAM-CARAMEL.jpg

SYRUP: 2 days before crop.
067-CD-SYRUP.jpg

Cream Caramel Close up - day 82, still growing pistils, leaves slowly become dark-brown
067-Cream-Caramel-Close-up.jpg

Did you like this journal ? any questions ?

The big winner here is the syrup in terms of taste and high.

Looser is Sweet Skunk because it is not an interesting high and because the productivity, size and high is not wrth the effort. It is for outdoor guerilla, if you liek this "high" which will waste your time , motivation and all the rest. I will not grow that one before a long time before it has too much of the negative aspects of weed, and very few of the positive ones, unless you can control your smoking, and keep that one to go to bed (like, 1 hour before sleep... but be carfeul, it can freeze you and you will go to bed 4 hours and a few more joints later :)

Cream Caramel Auto will not be tested before 15 days from now at least.

Best !

Syrup crop.... my main mistake was to "test" too much too early, i need to stop doing that...

Sorry, no pic of the dried buds, it is all gone in fumes already.
077-SyrupCut-60g.jpg

Sweet Skunk Crop. Same as above.... sad... I am glad this one is over though. It is a too "negative" strain for someone like me. It is "bad-minded" . It has all been smoked, and I will stay away from it from now on. Frankly, I can only advise you do the same and grow something else, unless you like to be sucked away by the weed.. It is the same effect outdoor, but stronger. It was less life-interfering when smoked during august whith nothing to do, so it is probably good on holyydays when you are super bored and don't care to be weed-frozen.
078-SweetSkunk44g.jpg

There is much more Cream Caramel Auto, a full plate ! A lot of nuggets weight exactly 4.4 g, and the heavier is 6 g .
The reason is not that it is more productive: it was at the back of the box so more difficult to cut a few buds here and there.
I will weight when it is dry ... it is safe from any further "test" of mine before drying as i won't be around, lol :)
88-CREAM-CARA-CROP.jpg

See you !

:goodjob: Joyeuses fêtes!! Awesome harvest man do your plants take extra time to ripen under the cfl.

Good smokes man

yes, good point.

At least 15 days more. I added 3 weeks or more myself.

The thing is that when an Auto strain says it will be ready in X weeks from germination,
now, I will understand "you can begin ripen/rinsing not before X weeks after germination" if you grow with CFL.

For a plant that is supposed to be ready in 9 weeks, I would easily go 11 / 12 weeks at least. The 60 days that were annouced beame quickly 75 or 85 ! more than 3 weeks more because I wasn't sure. I have nothing to look at thrichromes too.

For the Cream CAramel Auto, I think I could have cut the top bud one or two weeks ago , and continue the lower nuggets for another 2 weeks at least. I should have tried to crop it in two times, but I need the box for the other grow.

I was at local shop <Alchimia> and they were saying that most people start counting as soon as the seed pops from the ground when in all actuality the first week or so that the seed pops from the ground is actually considered the germination period. I think I'm gonna be ordering a mars2 400w LED. Should be more then enough light for my tent :p

Mars look is interesting for the price (some models, not all), if you have room for 60cm above the canopee it should be fine. I am not yet convinced what is the best leds for me (3w / 30 cm from canopee could be good too, depends on box height).

I got 150cm I think so i should have plenty of space. For a 60cm tent from what people have been telling me a mars 2 400w should be enough light. Apparently you keep the light about 40-60cm from the canopy so we should have plenty of space. Oh and did you get a basic reflector the guy at the cultureindoor said the back support of the reflector was kinda shit so my bulb was hanging off it at an angle. Had to take a little wire and tie the end of it up to keep it straight. The draw power of the 400w is about 190w about .5-1g/draw watt. All the mars hydro lights have 5w chips in them unless you order it off ebay or something.

Oh and did you get a basic reflector the guy at the cultureindoor said the back support of the reflector was kinda shit so my bulb was hanging off it at an angle.

Yes I have the re-inforced reflector, and even that is not enough. It will be at an angle after a couple of weeks, but much less than with a non-reinforced reflector.

I think I will get a led panel when my Northern Lights will be flowering.

Back
Top Bottom