Sponsored Geoflora 2021 Outdoor Gorilla Glue 2nd Grow

Well the great news is all 3 beans popped and were planted just now but my outdoor garden has visitors already! Things are not looking good. I didn’t stick my hand down that hole to see what lurks in it. I’m afraid a fence will not prevent ground digging critters.

8614D810-5C72-4397-B7D3-A4F9E6A01804.jpeg

0D7E8F97-BFC3-4248-9F7C-AB896BEC5101.jpeg

Well the great news is all 3 beans popped and were planted just now but my outdoor garden has visitors already! Things are not looking good. I didn’t stick my hand down that hole to see what lurks in it. I’m afraid a fence will not prevent ground digging critters.

8614D810-5C72-4397-B7D3-A4F9E6A01804.jpeg

0D7E8F97-BFC3-4248-9F7C-AB896BEC5101.jpeg
They may not like mint smelling things. If you have some mint oil try putting some on a few cotton balls or tea bags and put them in the hole to deter them from the area. Rascals!

They may not like mint smelling things. If you have some mint oil try putting some on a few cotton balls or tea bags and put them in the hole to deter them from the area. Rascals!
I’ll try that! Yeah, rascals are laughing at the animal deterant I sprinkled out there a few days ago.

Ok, I went to check my seeds today to see if they broke ground and something came along last night and decided to dig up one of the seeds that I planted so now I’m down to two. I put a small fence around one to try to protect it. It may be a squirrel and if that’s the case it’s going to go right up the fence and write down the other side and continue to dig. I coated that area with some pelleted animal deterrent and lo and behold there were two deer standing up they are 10 feet from where I planted my plants and so they don’t seem to be concerned about the deer deterrent that I put out there. If I can’t get wildlife to leave the plants alone I may not be able to do it outside grow which is unfortunate because I have a lot of property and the piece that I have put the plants on is perfect for an outside grow. I’m going to bring some apple cider vinegar up there and spray it around the perimeter of the holes that contain my potting soil and the two beans that I have left and see if that helps but I’m running out of ideas.

Ahoy there,
Young lady, I offer to you this bit of nostalgia to my younger days with hope to help.
When growing in the Cleveland National Forest we started our young in 5 gallon buckets.
To give the tiny defenseless ones a chance at survival, we suspended the buckets from dead branches where the sunlight could reach them but little else. After about two weeks we would take them down and "out pot" the plant into prepared patches of soil with chicken coop around and over them.

This worked until they were stolen. :hookah:

Thanks. 1/2 of our property is wooded. There’s several types of trees and various wildflowers and wild herbs that grow on our property so it makes it easy for me to mix in a few weed plants and no one will ever know that they are there.
We will know! :laughtwo:

I'm in RRN.

I hope you can handle the critter issues because I want to see you do this!

Have your considered any sort of portable grow space for out there or would that be too risky?

A buddy of mine just plopped one of these down in his backyard in the middle of the city! (But it's legal to grow here.)
outdoor grow tent.jpeg

Good luck to you.

Ahoy there,
Young lady, I offer to you this bit of nostalgia to my younger days with hope to help.
When growing in the Cleveland National Forest we started our young in 5 gallon buckets.
To give the tiny defenseless ones a chance at survival, we suspended the buckets from dead branches where the sunlight could reach them but little else. After about two weeks we would take them down and "out pot" the plant into prepared patches of soil with chicken coop around and over them.

This worked until they were stolen. :hookah:
Thats some great advice!!! I will see what I can do.

I'm in RRN.

I hope you can handle the critter issues because I want to see you do this!

Have your considered any sort of portable grow space for out there or would that be too risky?

A buddy of mine just plopped one of these down in his backyard in the middle of the city! (But it's legal to grow here.)
outdoor grow tent.jpeg

Good luck to you.
Oh! I love that idea!!! I haven’t been up to the plants today to see if theres any left. Its hard for me to get to them because of the distance from the house. If this grow fails I still have one up my sleeve. I’m expecting Godfather OG seeds in about 5 days (my FIRST) photo period plant! I plan on starting it in a 3 gallon pot and keep it on my deck until it gets big enough to put out up there and maybe I can get the critters to leave it alone.

We will know! :laughtwo:
(We will know)? You mean when it flowers the smell travels?? We live outside city limits and theres a good distance between neighbors so I’m hoping it won’t be noticeable enough for them to be calling the police about it.

(We will know)? You mean when it flowers the smell travels?? We live outside city limits and theres a good distance between neighbors so I’m hoping it won’t be noticeable enough for them to be calling the police about it.
No. I meant "we" as in 420 members who read your post! :laughtwo:

Sub’ed for fun, learned with soil and currently a RDWC Hydroponics grower with GG#4 in its second week of flower. That is what led me to you’re journal. If I can help in anyway I’ll let ya know. In the meantime I hope you get the plant up and running so the critters leave it alone.
Yeah, I just ordered a mesh 7’x 100’ to put around The Godfather OG seedling I will have by end of next week. I plan on growing it partially on my deck then transplant it when it gets a little older. Its a photo period so I am hoping she will be a monster.

I couldn’t get up to my plants today because I’m not walking too good today. I will have to make myself tomorrow go see if I have any left or if they too have been dug up. I have some mesh/fencing ordered 7’x100’ roll. I will be placing that up there around the area I’m trying to grow in and hopefully that will keep the wildlife at bay. Fingers crossed. I wish I would have tryed to grow them on the deck a bit until they got big enough to hold their own but since they are autos, I didn’t want to stun them with transplantation.

I couldn’t get up to my plants today because I’m not walking too good today. I will have to make myself tomorrow go see if I have any left or if they too have been dug up. I have some mesh/fencing ordered 7’x100’ roll. I will be placing that up there around the area I’m trying to grow in and hopefully that will keep the wildlife at bay. Fingers crossed. I wish I would have tryed to grow them on the deck a bit until they got big enough to hold their own but since they are autos, I didn’t want to stun them with transplantation.
Hey @RetiredRN I'm sorry your not doing great.
Take care of yourself the ladies will be ok. Your more important.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Bill

It’s a disaster! So I made it up to my plants today and it appears that my seedlings have been dup up. I will give it till next week just in case its a late sprouter to pop thru the soil but for now it’s a bust. I will now have to wait till my other seeds come and then start them in small pots on my deck till they get established. If nothing shows by next week I will unfortunately end this journal and begin another one with my Godfather OG seeds.

3EA37893-4343-4853-B77C-E31B99E1984A.jpeg

24DB1AC0-EA46-4EBB-A7B7-8D104368EF7C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom