Springs Soil Grow - Blue Mystic Autos - Spring Has Come Again!

spring2012

Very happy to be back on with all the fine folks here at 420 mag. I have been absent for a bit! I had a few smal grows and will continue with this small one!

FFOF of course!
general organics nutes ( love the kit )
3 blue mystic autos
1 Northern lights x Bigbud Auto
3 small stragglers of local swag bud. ( they are 60 days old and almost ready for harvest. Put em straight into 12/12 light cycle from birth. I knew the autos were comeing so I did not care about light cycles.

600 watt dig ballast
canister filter
4x4x2 virtual sun tent
venting with a 400cfm
pumping in fresh a/c with a direct line temps stay around 84, RH at 48% need to work on that one.

Some of you know me and of my love with autos. Dont be fooled they can produce nicely. The blue mystics can harvest at 70 days. Yep I have have grown them once before. Thats why i choose them this time around. I get that some purists hate autos.. Too each his own or her own! Check out my old pics of nice autos.

Re: Springs soil grow/ Blue mystic autos. Spring has come again!

Thanks King!! A few pics...
The little ones are my blue mystics. Then the three quick grows for fun. Well I just wanted to try it ok!!

photo_4249.JPG
photo_1442.JPG
photo_3313.JPG

Nice set up...following along :high-five:

Also sent ya a pm...the current link in your sig to this journal is broken :Namaste:

Yeah your siggy link isn't working brother.

But I found ya anyway!

Lookin good Spring!
I took a little grow break too.
Just popped some beans a few weeks ago, and waiting on making some mothers.

good to see ya back!

:)
Yeah just copy the link and paste it.
Take a look at your other links and make sure it looks like one of them, just so you don't have any un wanted things that will make it not link.

Sup fellow 420err nice ladies. Do the unknown strains have a good smell to them? I have some unknown strain seedlings in my poor man's grow op (link in Sig) and I hope they turn out beautiful. I have grown unknown swag seeds before and got nice sticky buds. Hope they smoke as well as they look! +rep :ganjamon:

I would imagine yes. The biggest issue is unknown characteristics of the strain. I have been lucky so far! These three unknowns were kinda of just a lets see what happens. They will give up some nice buds for sure. My autos are the babies that will be sure to please.

The link works now! Man I am looking so forward to trying out the swag bud..Trichs are 90% clear so i have a bit more to go.. I think maybe one more shot of nutes then I will back off. The auto babies are doing well.

Yep. I have had very good results with auto flowers. I love em and prefer them to regulars. Look at some of my old pics u will find good size flowers on my auto's.

Hey guys.. Been a few days since I have posted!

Question: My experiment girls are a week at best away from harvest. I have 4 auto's going as well.. I need to switch bulbs to give the autos a better spectrum conducive to Veg...Does anyone feel I'll hurt the final week of flowering on my regs?

I went ahead and switched to my 600 watt MH. The regs are an experiment for me and they actually look nice. Grabbed a few samples so ill know in 4 or 5 days where they stand plus the given extra 5 days as well. My blue mystic autos are the important girls so I need noot abuse them further. I really should have had them 18/6 under MH from 3 weeks ago. They are already showing sex after 3 weeks. The blue mystics are fast around 70 days. I have grown one in the past and loved the results.

I went ahead and switched to my 600 watt MH. The regs are an experiment for me and they actually look nice. Grabbed a few samples so ill know in 4 or 5 days where they stand plus the given extra 5 days as well. My blue mystic autos are the important girls so I need noot abuse them further. I really should have had them 18/6 under MH from 3 weeks ago. They are already showing sex after 3 weeks. The blue mystics are fast around 70 days. I have grown one in the past and loved the results.

The regs will be fine! The light change may actually increase the smell do to small shock but nothing bad will come.:)

The girls are doing well. I'm down to my 4 auto's. 3 blue mystics and a Northern lights x Big bud. My Mexican bag weed girls have been harvested and smoked up for the most part. I have a small bud leftover ill have to add a pic. Very interesting about the results. The THC content is low but does the trick. Very heady and speedy. I let the trichs go 75% milky so that's a factor to consider..Surprised it wasn't more mellow or touching couch lock! The smell was one I am not fond of. Hard to describe. Hints of a sweet butter with a touch of musk if thats possible! Seems physically filling as if I just ingested a 12 oz steak. All bullshit aside I was happy but could have given the girls a more consistent feeding schedule. I hate being busy and coming home lazy.

The autos are rolling along. I made a few mistakes that could have been avoided with proper planning. Because my regs were in the end stages of flowering I was forced to keep light times short and my 600 watt HPS in. Even in the auto world we have to watch our operations closely. My past auto grows have yielded great results. Common denominator has always been close care and detail to all facets. The blue mystics are 70 day to harvest girls. Fast very fast. The three weeks under my HPS and shorter days stunted their already short veh period. Yes I feel Auto's do have a veg period!!! My past grows have proved this to me. My NL big bud mix is doing the more traditional auto grow but half of where she should be.. again 3 weeks of bad planning. All that said I am happy they are doing well. Fungus gnats have attacked my tent!!! I have had them before and beat em away! This time its a bit worse. I have flushed them using Sierra's SNS203. Seems to have helped a bit but I am gonna have to amp up the juice. Product calls for 2 to 4 ozs per 1 gallon of water. I went half strength. This flushing has stopped my feeding schedule. Not really sure if i can mix it with my nutes! That would be a good product. Nutes that also fight fungus gnats! Oh well probably to small of a market share to waist money on from a business perspective! here are a few pics of the auto's. Note the glue traps.. There made for mice but work great on the fungus gnats.. I'm thinking of using sand on the top 2" of soil? I have heard the sand really irritates the larvae and cuts them up..I wonder if its play sand from depot? The first two pics are of the last bud from the Mexican bag weed experiment. and the last pic is of a flowering Mexican bag weed girl. The rest are of my Blue mystic autos. 46 days old today I believe.

image_7_15.jpeg
image_6_15.jpeg
image_5_18.jpeg
image_4_23.jpeg
image_3_28.jpeg
image_2_40.jpeg
image140.jpeg
photo_3313.JPG

Back
Top Bottom