Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

If I do autos on the next round, the Critical+ will be in there somewhere. It was a heavy yielder for me last time I grew it. Good balanced hybrid, head and body.

Yes they are. Started out growing autos and had hit and miss results while I learned. Ran a couple photo grows and did very well. Came back to the autos this go around and am having the success I had with the photos. Pretty sure I'll equal my photo plants yield with this grow and will cut 4 weeks off of the process. Not too shabby. These Blueberries are the surprise to me. They were behind the Northerns the whole way, but this last week they have gone nuts. Now I have to figure what to grow next. I should work out of inventory before buying more seeds. I have on hand:

2-Sweet Trainwreck Auto
2-Sweet Cream Caramel Auto
1-Dinafem Critical Plus Auto
2-Pyramid Northern Lights Auto
1-Zambeza Blueberry Auto
1-Dinafem White Cheese Auto
2-Dinafem OG Kush Photo
1-Royal Queen Sour Diesel Photo
1-Royal Queen Painkiller XL Photo
1-Delicious Candy Photo
Its crazy how fast they can grow, your bb are catching the nl, my white widows were ahead of the thc bombs most of the way also but the thc bombs caught them and are now bigger lol, i love watching them grow, your girls are looking great by the way.. . .

Yes they are. Started out growing autos and had hit and miss results while I learned. Ran a couple photo grows and did very well. Came back to the autos this go around and am having the success I had with the photos. Pretty sure I'll equal my photo plants yield with this grow and will cut 4 weeks off of the process. Not too shabby. These Blueberries are the surprise to me. They were behind the Northerns the whole way, but this last week they have gone nuts. Now I have to figure what to grow next. I should work out of inventory before buying more seeds. I have on hand:

2-Sweet Trainwreck Auto
1-Zambeza Blueberry Auto
2-Dinafem OG Kush Photo
1-Delicious Candy Photo

That's the hard part, you get so many seeds of the same kind and always want to try something different.

2-Sweet Trainwreck Auto
1-Zambeza Blueberry Auto
2-Dinafem OG Kush Photo
1-Delicious Candy Photo

Hey Farside, that friggin BB2 is like a magic beanstalk lol! Keeps getting taller and BB1 shot up over night. My blueberry is like 5 weeks younger than my lemon haze girls. It stretched even to others when I flipped! I see I got lucky lol

That OG Kush would be real nice with sour D or critical!

The real question is:
Did you decide on how many your gonna grow yet? You said over in my journal that you tend to cram plants in your grow space, but they look fairly comfy to me .

Ooops, forgot there's a White Widow Photo in there too. Of everything on the list, haven't grown a Delicious Candy or a White Widow yet. If I go the Photo route, it may just be those two that see action but I may throw in a third since the OG is my buddies favorite and I supply him with a ton of free weed. My supplies of the OG are dwindling because of it. If I only grow 3, it allows me to move my tower fan into a corner rather than the back center. It doesn't infringe on any plants space in that way. The setup with 4 plants, the back row girls don't get as much space as the front because they have to share with the fan. If I do autos, I'll do 3 or 4. The Critical+ will be one. I'd like to regrow White Cheese because it can be a beautiful snow covered plant if done right. Also the Cream Caramel can have some pretty, dark colored, buds. Both of those 2 strains I botched the first time around and I'd like to see them done right. Sort of a vindication thing.

Day 40 - No picture today but I'm starting to see a little frost on the Northern's leaves. Hard to believe they may he finished in another 2 weeks. Kind of forgot how quick the process goes with autos after doing a couple photo grows.

Aww good to hear on the speed factor! I just germed a couple northerns for my next grow. Can't wait to see pics man! They're growing so fast. Have a good evening.

My previous Caramels were a disappointment. I've seen others with beautiful dark purple/black buds. I didn't get that color and they were runtish plants due to grower error. Only time will tell if the Northerns meet the 8 week mark and the Blueberries 9 weeks. The last two grows have met breeders specs but I've had others that have gone over by more than a week.

My previous Caramels were a disappointment. I've seen others with beautiful dark purple/black buds. I didn't get that color and they were runtish plants due to grower error. Only time will tell if the Northerns meet the 8 week mark and the Blueberries 9 weeks. The last two grows have met breeders specs but I've had others that have gone over by more than a week.

Well, these plants here are an indicator that you've honed your setup and skills. I'm certainly armed with at least some more knowledge before I jump in to the next one. .. Just enough to get me in trouble, as usual haha!

Cream caramel is one I've wanted to try
The 2 NL I've done to the end both took around 70ish days to get to %5 amber
My baby boom is supposed to be a 60 day auto but I'm guessing it'll be closer to 75-80

I'm getting ready to do my first autos and noticing that it isn't uncommon for the times breeders say to be a little shy of what growers are reporting. Is that accurate or am I interpreting the breeders numbers incorrectly? Is 60 days supposed to. E only the flower time or flower and veg? If it's both then wow!

I'm getting ready to do my first autos and noticing that it isn't uncommon for the times breeders say to be a little shy of what growers are reporting. Is that accurate or am I interpreting the breeders numbers incorrectly? Is 60 days supposed to. E only the flower time or flower and veg? If it's both then wow!

Auto's are normally dated as days from sprouting, so 60 days from the time it breaks ground. In that scenario, add about 3 days for sprouting and 63 from start to finish. Breeders like to post absolute best case scenarios for harvest times. They'll do the same with THC content and yield. If people are comparing the same strain from 2 different breeders, they want theirs to show higher THC, shortest harvest time, and biggest yield. Its marketing 101.

Well, these plants here are an indicator that you've honed your setup and skills. I'm certainly armed with at least some more knowledge before I jump in to the next one. .. Just enough to get me in trouble, as usual haha!

Thanks! I was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see. :rofl:

Auto's are normally dated as days from sprouting, so 60 days from the time it breaks ground. In that scenario, add about 3 days for sprouting and 63 from start to finish. Breeders like to post absolute best case scenarios for harvest times. They'll do the same with THC content and yield. If people are comparing the same strain from 2 different breeders, they want theirs to show higher THC, shortest harvest time, and biggest yield. Its marketing 101.
So I am a photo plant guy trying out some autos for some fun I am running all purple strains ( red poison, bloody skunk, dark devil, and pineapple Express, and amnesia Haze) what kind of feed schedule do you maintain, I am in fabric smart pots, and 50/50 Happy frog, coco loco, and 2 weeks from germ on a couple and a couple new spouts not trying to hi Jack just looking for advice
420-magazine-mobile595850994.jpg
Red poison LST started
420-magazine-mobile1041557988.jpg
amnesia Haze topped I wasn't going to but she was so tall and others so short thought it would be ok
420-magazine-mobile1787859659.jpg
bloody skunk
420-magazine-mobile717016691.jpg
dark devil
420-magazine-mobile1225168797.jpg
pineapple Express

So I am a photo plant guy trying out some autos for some fun I am running all purple strains ( red poison, bloody skunk, dark devil, and pineapple Express, and amnesia Haze) what kind of feed schedule do you maintain, I am in fabric smart pots, and 50/50 Happy frog, coco loco, and 2 weeks from germ on a couple and a couple new spouts not trying to hi Jack just looking for advice

Welcome,

See page 3, post 40. I'm using Pro-Mix, so my growing media has no nutrition in it from the start. With your Happy Frog, there is some sort of nutrition built into your mix. As far as the timing and amount of water, you can kind of follow that throughout the thread. I've posted every time I've watered and the quantity.

Welcome,

See page 3, post 40. I'm using Pro-Mix, so my growing media has no nutrition in it from the start. With your Happy Frog, there is some sort of nutrition built into your mix. As far as the timing and amount of water, you can kind of follow that throughout the thread. I've posted every time I've watered and the quantity.
I am usually a DWC guy so I have a full line of nutes, I have been watering with earth juice hi-brix, armor si, and cal-mag and Mammoth p, pH to 6.2 I try to use minimum amount of nutes but somethings are needed so I'll refer to your watering though out thread

I figured there was some of that at play. Thanks for clarifying that Farside .

Day 41 - The Northerns got 2 1/2 gallons of Bloom feed today as a thorough watering and a bit of a flush. The Blueberries will probably get the same tomorrow. Cleaned up a few leaves on the bottom of the Northerns and snapped a few solo shots outside of the tent. When I had them separated from the Blueberries, the Northerns are smelling surprisingly lemony.

Group
IMG_20170608_160734.jpg

NL1
IMG_20170608_233740.jpg

NL2
IMG_20170608_233927.jpg

Oh man, moving fast now. Can't believe how much they've grown so fast.

Gonna be a fantastic harvest!

Thanks, I can use a good harvest. Mother Hubbard's Cupboard is getting pretty bare. Inventory is down to about a pound. :rofl: I grow way more than the wife can consume. I've given away a couple thousand dollars worth of bud to friends and family and still have over a years supply for the Mrs.

Back
Top Bottom