Stihl Logger's Shiney Space Box Full Of Randoms - In Dirt Under CFLs

Sorry I forgot the pics...yea I just smoked..lol
20160401_095213.jpg

Greene my friend! Ya as SoloVoodoo said, You are very close.. Depending on how " in the couch" ya wanna be... If it was mine id cut it down an hour before lights on Sunday morning. Hang in the dark for a few days.. Start harvesting buds buddy! :high-five:

Went and checked on the AUTO CHICKS! They are growinnnnn.. 17 days in and Narco purps and Red Poison are showing pistils. Damn thats fast! In my excitement and my clouded mind as of late I forgot pics.. Ill have some by the end of the weekend. Im working on compiling the new journal. Looks like topping at 2 weeks paid off. Ive got alot of early branching in lower nodes. I think if toppin an auto is done its gotta be done at the 3-4 node by week 3. They responded well, never skipped a beat. I think it actually kicked em into a spurt. But this is however my 1st time growing autos.. And yeah. Just for shits and giggles these 4 are in MG dirt and will be fed MG ferts. My FF Pro Pack and 2 bales of Pro Mix got stolen. So... Dollar a ton dirt it is! Bahahaha :rofl::rofl:

Monday will make 11 weeks..a day I thought you put it in 24 or 48 hours of dark before you cut it down..right

By all means brother Greene. Let her sit in the dark for a day or 2 bud. I musta skipped over that step. ( too many pot munchies) :cheesygrinsmiley: :high-five:

It's all good I knew what you meant..my lights go out at 10 am so today when the go out I'm gona unplug the lights..another question do all the leaves on the plant have to turn yellow to know that I flushed it right..I have a couple smaller buds that are still Greene..I would say 80% are yellow

It's all good I knew what you meant..my lights go out at 10 am so today when the go out I'm gona unplug the lights..another question do all the leaves on the plant have to turn yellow to know that I flushed it right..I have a couple smaller buds that are still Greene..I would say 80% are yellow

She sounds to be right on track bud. Not all leaves need be yellowed. When I was growin Mango Diesels only 50% of the leaves would turn yellow no matter how long I let them go. Made for beautiful plants outside. Perfectly in tune with the fall leave change. :thumb:

Thanks man..I will send you some pics when I cut her down ..keep you updated..thanks for all your help with my questions.lol

No problem at all my friend! Its a pleasure to be growin right along with all of you. :thumb: :high-five:

What wattage did you use. Im a newbie only thing holding my up is deciding my lights. I need like 6 oz every 3 months. Would love to use cfl and I have 400 watts sitting in my floor. But afraid I should go hps. What would be your advice on my needs. Thank you so much.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

What wattage did you use. Im a newbie only thing holding my up is deciding my lights. I need like 6 oz every 3 months. Would love to use cfl and I have 400 watts sitting in my floor. But afraid I should go hps. What would be your advice on my needs. Thank you so much.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

Heya bud. If ya already got 400 watts of cfls on hand give it a rip man! In a 2'x3' space you are capable of (easily) pullin 6 zips. I grew 6 plants in 1 gal pots (in a 2x3 diy tent exactly the same as the 1 I currently use just smaller) and easily got those results. You will need to utilize topping and LST training to keep a level uniform canopy however. CFL's lack penetration power but I firmly believe this is offset by the versatility of a wider spectrum of light. :thumb:

What's up Logger want to tell you I found out what strain I have..it is blackberry kush..I have a bud I took off before I cut her down and right now I have it in a mason jar and when you open it it smells like blackberry lickerish..here some bud pics..it turned out alot better then I thought

Thanks man I really appreciate it..feels good to here that from someone else..I have e learn ed alot this grow thanks to you and this site..probably be a little before I do another grow but when I do I will look you up..when it dries I will tell you the final weight

Another question for ya logger..how long do you let your buds dry before you put the in jars..my humidity is low 40'speed and the temp is between 22 and 22 Celsius..how do you do your drying and curing process

I'd also be interested in some information on this. I harvested the first of 3 plants last Friday. They are now in paper bags in a cardboard box in a cool room (around 16 degrees) because the tent was too hot and dry (35% RH, 30 degrees).

Over to you brother Stihl. I'm a bit out of my depth and would welcome your expert opinion :)

I let my plants just about dry out before harvest. Then its outside the tent in the cool/ dark for 2 days. I chop on the stalk and then put all the buds in a cardboard box. Usually 5 days or so. Then its the paper bag for atleast another 3-4 days. Ill go and shake the bags around once a day or so just to keep them from unevenly drying. As soon as I see some tension when trying to snap the stems its jar time. Ill leave the jars open for an hour twice a day for a week or until I feel they are dry past the possibility of mildew. Then after that I just burp the jars for a minute and reseal. Sometimes I only do it once a day sometimes more. ( I like smellin the stuff guys!) Ya want it dry enough to grind/ break up ready to smoke but not so dry that when ya press on a bud it breaks apart. It should still have a little bit of integrity to it. Just check them often. Ive even jarred too early before and could tell by the smell. Id just pop the contents back in a paper bag for another 24 hrs. Then back in the jar. :thumb: There is no tried and true baseline for how many days it takes them to be "jar ready" Its all in the environment. Only YOU can truely tell when its time. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom