Bagseed In Cabinet Under CFLs In Dirt

Shit. Number 1, confirmed hermie. Got a pollen sack, and more than a few bananas, on it. Girls 2 and 3 are female-only.
100_3813_1_.JPG

Kinda drastic, cutting that head off, but accidentally quashed one of the pollen sacks while trying to remove it. This was the last one of 4 balls, and a bunch of bananas. But the balls confirmed it, I believe. :( I can still keep this confused plant going, but separate from the other two gals. I wouldn't mind putting it outside, but I'd be pissed if I was growing outside, and some assholes' hermie pollinated my gals from two blocks over, or whatever distance, lol. Any suggestions? I don't want to kill the plant, but I know I could make some butter. It's not even a month into flower yet though. I'm not interested in collecting pollen from this plant, or at this time with any plant, really, yet. Could it be safe to shove it back into the cabinet? This kinda fucked up my Sunday afternoon, but not really freaking too badly, lol.

Yep those do look like nanners. Do you have a way to isolate the hermie? Maybe in a windowsill or another room? If so I would save that pollen, and grow some fem seeds for yourself. Not to mention, some of the best stuff I've smoked was from a hermie.

Yep those do look like nanners. Do you have a way to isolate the hermie? Maybe in a windowsill or another room? If so I would save that pollen, and grow some fem seeds for yourself. Not to mention, some of the best stuff I've smoked was from a hermie.

I could put it into my skylight....hmmmm...it's hot up there, but have a kick-ass 15000 btu A/C now, hehehe. I may just grow it till the balls get out of control. :) ;)

EDIT: Nope. Too hot up there, the leaves almost immediately showed it didn't like the heat. Window seat it is, then. :)

Good luck collecting some pollen, I feel kinda jealous of that pollen to be honest, I kinda wish one of my girls would hermie. I would have to put it in a windowsill also, because of my limited space, but I would love to have my own fem seeds.

I'm unsure of this (guy/gal)'s chances on the windowsill. Only diffuse afternoon sunlight, till about 6, then hardcore summer sunshine through the window under my RV awning till dusk. But hoping for the best. I think what happened was that a certain person I live with, who I keep asking to close the cabinet after lights-out, doesn't do his job, while I'm away. Can't blame him too much, though, he doesn't value the girls like do. He's still cool. I'm cool. #1 was closest to the door, and ambient light after lights-out. I keep the door cracked for airflow, since I can't monitor climate conditions at the moment, but always close it at lights-out, when I'm home.

Heres my opinion---- Kill the son of a b*tch. Hermies that induce from no stress ae pretty worthless. Plus any seeds you get either on purpose or accident will be like 95% hermie plants. Its not worth the chance of it pollinating. Plus it will free up a pot and some space for a girl. :):)

Good point spimp, I would definitely go with that advice, as I am pretty new at this. Don p seems to have lots of knowledge on this subject, maybe you can find his journal, there was a lot of info in his latest one.

donpaul.p is one of the more informative guys on this site. Way more knowledge and experienced than me for sure. I would definately get more difinative advice from an expeirenced grower which I not. :) But I did stay at a holi day inn express last night...

Being next to my living room window, it's gonna have a fucked up light schedule, with the LR lights, the kitchen lights, the bathroom lights, all going at random, plus a little light from my open cabinet door, lol. But that's on a schedule, hehehe. So this afternoon may pull it, make some butter or a big glass of special milk.

Plucked the big leaves off it (the hermie, double-checked for balls again, and scored the main stem. Tomorrow I'll grab the tiny little buds, and the trimmings, and make a killer glass of milk, or butter, or cornbread, or brownies, or cookies, or.........(can ya tell I have the munchies? LOL)

Just got a couple of tiny bananas and a ball off of #2. None on #3, though, thankfully. I think #'s 1 and 2 may have been from the same bud, maybe. All three seeds are bagseed. # 3 is keeping me very happy, with nice bud development. Will upload pics later today when my internet connection should be more stable. Been having problems all morning.

EDIT: It's day 20 of Flower, total 51 days so far.

Some pics!
Bananas from #2.
100_3849.JPG

#1, stripped down.
100_38462.JPG

#1's clothes
100_38443.JPG

Overall view of cabinet, after #1 left
100_38434.JPG
100_38424.JPG

My tying method involves paperclips with these pots.
100_38402.JPG

Plant pics (skinny chick is #3, fatter one is #2
100_38382.JPG
100_38372.JPG
100_38355.JPG
100_38342.JPG
100_38322.JPG
100_38301.JPG
100_3829.JPG
100_38281.JPG

growing well..are you flowering yet? if not, youll need more bulbs for later like this guy above is suggesting.

Currently using 6 23w 2700k CFLs. I like the idea of a bigger bulb up above. The fixture I have has to change, as well. It takes up WAY too much of my vertical space in there. The six bulbs seem to make a lot of heat, I'm wonder if one bigger bulb, and a few of these smaller ones, would improve climate? I've also been considering a 150w HPS. They're going for around $80 or so, including a "security" style fixture. For this small cabinet, I think that fixture may work, but it's a cast aluminum housing similar to that of work lights, and can hold a ton of heat. I could drill some ventilation holes in a casing like that, so might not be a big deal. I can always throw another few fans in there, I've got tons of 12VDC computer fans, and have been thinking of working in some light-proof ventilation into my cabinet, to feed cool room air into it, and circulate around, and blow back out of it at the top. It would be a passive air intake, and I'll need to upgrade the exhaust system, because I kinda don't want my trailer stinking, just as snowbirds (seasonal vacationers) are coming back south into the trailer park(s). I also want to finally be able to leave the damned cabinet door closed when the lights are on, lol.

I am in a travel trailer as well sir, so I feel your pain. I'm about to make the very same upgrades you are, except my intake will will be two 12v fans on the bottom, and one large fan for exhaust at the top.

Back
Top Bottom