Bagseed In Cabinet Under CFLs In Dirt

I am in a travel trailer as well sir, so I feel your pain. I'm about to make the very same upgrades you are, except my intake will will be two 12v fans on the bottom, and one large fan for exhaust at the top.

Since the cabinet floor is hollow, thinking of cutting a slot in one side on the outside bottom, and on the other side on the inside floor.

Good advice. Ha!

I have 6 18 watts hanging. I have those 23 watt bulbs but I feel that it may be too hot..

23w ain't all that hot, I've found, as long as they have a fan or two constantly blowing cooler air across the bulbs and fixture.

Im runnign 12 26w CFLS in a 12inX30inX30in box. And with no fan it gets pretty damn hot. Over 100f. With a fan, its 5 degrees above room temp. Amazing what a little airflow can do.

Sure is. Fixing on putting together a bunch more PC fans, and hooking them up to my 12vdc supply. Gotta get some wire though.

Ive gone with the old cell phone charger method :rofl: Keppin' it Ghetto!! :)

Don't forget, a lot of cell chargers either 3.7v, 5v, but not usually 12v, which is usually the max on PC-style fans. With brushless DC motors, it doesn't matter as much, though, as long as the voltage is below the max, but the wattage staying steady is important. Good idea.

I have no fan, but its in the basement so the canopy stays around 80-90f. if I added the 23 watts bulbs I think I would need to add a fan.

do you guys think theres a good amount of c02 in a basement?

I have no fan, but its in the basement so the canopy stays around 80-90f. if I added the 23 watts bulbs I think I would need to add a fan.

do you guys think theres a good amount of c02 in a basement?

CO2 is heavier than normal air, so if there is an abundance of carbon dioxide in your house, then it would probably settle to the lowest place, the basement or first floor.
From wikipedia on Carbon Dioxide:
At standard temperature and pressure, the density of carbon dioxide is around 1.98 kg/m3, about 1.67 times that of air.

I read that using the old cell chargers, that amperage is the biggest concen. I calculated out my amp's of two pc fans and it was like .75 amps. i believe my cords took 5ish amps each. But Im not an electrician and to be honest, electricity scares the hell outta me. :):)

Great suggestion, danklover.

No new pics today, lights are already out. But they've been looking great (#'s 2 and 3). This weekend planning to get a good light. Today watered them with molasses and water. This coming week, planning to get better nutes.

Today is Flowering Day 23, and Total days are 54.

Pics! From this morning at lights on (give or take an hour).
100_38531.JPG
100_38553.JPG
100_38563.JPG
100_38573.JPG
100_38583.JPG
100_38594.JPG
100_38622.JPG
100_38641.JPG

Today is day 24 of flowering, total days 55. Sadly, since my meter went out, I don't know what temps or RH is like. But I do know, my AC is keeping my room outside the cabinet at 71.4F, and pretty dry.

EDIT: I do keep the cabinet door open a few inches during the day (light-time). My fans are set up to draw air from the doorway, and blow it over the canopy and lights, and out the top through a 4" hole, sans filter.

looking good! pull back the nutrient concentration a bit before they get locked out!

ahh, yep. The nutes I have are cheapo-s: Vigaro 10-10-10, so far only used twice in the whole grow, at 1/2 strength. Just yesterday, I added some molasses-tinted water. Wanting to KISS, so I'm unsure of buying more fert. Screwed up, bought a bottle of Jack, case of beer, and a bag, so no uber-light this weedend, hehehe.

EDIT: In related news, I've discovered that my "tolerance," if you will, of weed is inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol I consume. That is, I've discovered it YET AGAIN. When will I learn, lol.

EDIT 2: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
100_38793.JPG

Nothing new today so far. Bent over the tallest stalks, to keep 'em in the light. Both are doing well. Have some sort of pest, however, and will try to post pics later. Thinking of grabbing a bunch of ladybugs, screening off all openings in the cabinet, and setting them loose! :D I got a Shop Vac to collect them, and a fridge to keep 'em in between feedings.

Saw someone else using this, but I can't for the life of me remember who. It's MG Liquid Cactus Plant Food. 2-7-7. Got a half-pint yesterday for a few bucks at HD. Guess I could use it for my outdoor cacti as well, lol. Got home too late last night, lights were already out. Would like to take a few pics this AM, but leaving really soon. I don't want to hit the girls with any nutes unless I'm gonna be there, for the first time or two I use this stuff. This Sunday should work, just gonna water them in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom