Still in my 1st growth but trying to clone

Notorious662

Im trying to clone my plant. I add the clonex and put them on a jiff dome ND thiere pellets. I put them in side my grown tent witch is on 18/6 what am I doing wrong
420-magazine-mobile662940968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile891987119.jpg

Until they get roots they take in their moisture thru the leaves.....can take 10-14 days before roots start popping thru sides of the plugs or you start seeing new growth on them.

Do you have the dome for top of the seedling tray? helps keep the humidity up, which seems to help

Temps are important. Around 75. Warmth like a heating pad underneath helps but not at all essential.

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. I almost never get roots much before two weeks. I've got some to root in a week but that was a blue moon event for me. And it's normal for the leaves to show deficiencies as they sit there- they have no roots to feed them. In fact the rate of the deficiencies showing is a good gauge of their progress in rooting.
I would have removed a few more fan leaves.
Just check your temps and continue to wait.

Until they get roots they take in their moisture thru the leaves.....can take 10-14 days before roots start popping thru sides of the plugs or you start seeing new growth on them.

Do you have the dome for top of the seedling tray? helps keep the humidity up, which seems to help
Yeah I do

I use a tote covered with winter see though stretch plastic. Roots can take two week or longer. Also did u cut where a node was for it to be easier for it to root out? Put clone X on it again it won't hurt it . I did it twice to my plants for the same reason. It was taking awhile

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

I started these 10 days ago:

0013287.JPG

One has a root coming out side of the plug so I will put all of them or just that one into a small pot tomorrow (haven't decided yet lol). Not required (everyone has different opinions/techniques ;) ), I let the plug dry out and then carefully cut the mesh off and put it into a pot with soil. instructions say roots can get thru them fine but I just rather not have it there personally as it could restrict the root system potentially in my mind.

the one with the root is my ugliest one (2nd from right) as it got cut wrong lol my 3rd try at Cloning, first time none worked, 2nd time 3 of 4 worked (even though 4th is alive, just a mutant looking one)...so will see how many I get out of these 4.

Temps are important. Around 75. Warmth like a heating pad underneath helps but not at all essential.

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. I almost never get roots much before two weeks. I've got some to root in a week but that was a blue moon event for me. And it's normal for the leaves to show deficiencies as they sit there- they have no roots to feed them. In fact the rate of the deficiencies showing is a good gauge of their progress in rooting.
I would have removed a few more fan leaves.
Just check your temps and continue to wait.
Would it effect it if I just cut the big leafs of right now witch I already did lol

This is what I did. Did I just screw my self
420-magazine-mobile401561276.jpg

No not at all and no it won't cause any stress. They aren't growing right now in the conventional sense- the stem is undergoing a major process of change as it focuses on trying to grow roots. The leaves provide nutrients for the process- and you still have plenty leaves left remaining for this to happen. If you didn't- they would all be yellow and depleted looking.

Today witch is the 8th day. The clones have started to show roots 2 or 3 out the four can't recall. I question is can I put them in soil or should wait a bit more to see if the other show roots

Sent from my SM-G928T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom