Stonedsalmon's Indoor Soil Grow: Apricot Kush Auto, First Grow, First Journal, 2018

stonedsalmon

The strain is Apricot Kush Auto Flower X by Ancestral Seeds it's a Hybrid early strain. They are regular seeds.

My setup:
3x1.5x5 Tent
3 Gallon Pots
4" inline fan and carbon filter
2 LED Lights (Mars 300, Mars 600)
Humidifier
Clip on Fan
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Grow,Micro,Bloom

I'm hoping for 2-3 females and popped 5 seeds initially, in hindsight fem'd seeds might have worked better due to space constraints of my tent but it is what it is. If I end up with more than I can handle I have willing friends to take any extras. To start I germinated the seeds using the paper towel method and once they popped and showed the taproots I placed them into jiffy peat pellets and put them into their 3 gallon pots. Plants are currently about 2 weeks old after breaking soil. They received their first 1/4 dose of nutrients at around 12 days old and i'm watering about every 3rd day. I've been maintaining a RH of 55-60% and temperatures of 21-24c with the aid of the humidifier. For the seedling stage i've only been using the Mars 300 light but I have the 600 ready to use also. I'm pleased with my results so far but worried I'm not getting enough vertical growth yet (maybe it's yet to come). I'm considering LST without topping to maximize space/yield but apprehensive as it's my first grow! Support definitely welcomed!

Pictures taken today:

full

This picture shows my space constraints (though I can put the pots two deep now I'm guessing this won't be optimal once flowering etc)

full

Horizontal Growth

full

Vertical Growth

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Looking good so far.

Hope you get around to other members journals, talk and ask questions.

These are great people, and most don't bite.....hard.....

:thumb:

Subbed up. Good luck with the grow.

Thanks for checking in!

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Looking good so far.

Hope you get around to other members journals, talk and ask questions.

These are great people, and most don't bite.....hard.....

:thumb:

Thanks I appreciate the welcome!

Last photos were at 16 days from breaking soil today is day 22 I've used the same plant as a reference pic. Some of the others aren't quite as strong. I have what I believe is burn from spraying the leaves (I realized this was a mistake). It seems to be recovering though (I'm still learning). Growth seems a little slow to me but i'm no expert.

full

full

full

It's an autoflower, so topping isn't recommended. How high does the plant get? Are you going to have enough height in your tent for it? A five foot tall tent has only 30-36" available for the plant once you take into account the pots, and room required for the lights/filter.

I've stayed away from autoflowering plants. You have more control over photoperiod plants.

The CKS Crown Royale will easily top three feet, if left alone. Even with topping and LST, several of my colas topped three feet.

More clusters of grapes on the plant i've been photographing for this thread. Hopefully someone can confirm from these images for me that the plant is male.

full

full

full

Also I've been struggling with what I believed was a PH issue or perhaps overwatering the growth on some of my other plants has been very very slow and the leafs tips were dying. They seemed to be bouncing back but now I'm noticing what looks like little gaps between the serrations on new leaves.

Here a picture of the worst affected one: (Warning unhappy looking plant :rolleyes:)

full

I was expecting pre flowers around 4-5 weeks in as it's an auto or was that information incorrect?
Autos can flower very early. I had preflowers at 21 days.

Not sure. I'm trying my first run of autos right now and they are 4weeks old with no signs of flowers yet

Just had a quick peek at your thread, your plants look great (much healthier than mine at the same age). I'm kicking myself for not using fabric pots as I think a lot of my issues are down to poor water drainage from the soil.

They do look a little moist. Getting a good root system built up early is key. The first few weeks are where I tend to end up being the hardest on plants so dang impatient.. I end up trying to down them

I ended up cracking some bag seeds I found recently and they've grown more in 4 days than these did in over a week. I wonder if I can improve my soil quality and drainage without stressing the plants out any more?

Back
Top Bottom