Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Yeah either brave or dumb!! I've got my lights set to come on at midnight and off at noon to help with temps here in the south during summertime, and I usually leave for work @ 5:30 AM so don't have the luxury of spending a ton of time with them during "daylight". That being said, I'm fortunate enough to run my own company so can sneak home and check on them if I'm close during the morning before lights out so any significant tucking/feeding etc., is usually done then or on the weekend. I pray they don't use the green light or I'm fucked like a tied goat

I also forgot to mention that the trichs covering some of the sugar leaves on Lefty are already mostly amber, almost red. I haven't even started checking with the loupe yet being end of week 5, but it's visible to the naked eye.
420-magazine-mobile553926573.jpg

It's hard to get a clear shot but you can see it there a little. I've read up on this and it seems some strains will do this more than others, but I know the bud trichs are the true tell of ripeness.

My Seedsman order actually came in today. The communication was a nightmare, but I did end up receiving a fair selection since they couldn't supply the Kens GDP I ordered and was charged for. They did end up sending me all the freebies as autos when I ordered them as photos, but whatever they're freebies and will allow me to try my hand at the auto game a little more.

The packaging is pretty cool, a hollowed out book!

Here's what they sent

Humboldt Seed Organization
3 Fem Lost Coast OG
420-magazine-mobile285627548.jpg

Cannabiogen
3 Fem Panama
5 (reg?) Guatemala
420-magazine-mobile26185326.jpg

Philosopher Seeds Indoor Mix
2 Fem Black Bomb
2 Fem Heavens Fruit
2 Fem Tropimango
1 Fem Sweet love
420-magazine-mobile2045902399.jpg

00 Seeds
5 Fem Sweet Critical
420-magazine-mobile1713830923.jpg

Dr. Krippling
2 Fem Mong-U-Mental
420-magazine-mobile2055414379.jpg

The freebies and the book they were all sent in

2 Mephisto Auto Sour Hound
2 Royal Queen Auto Diesel
2 Critical Kush Auto
2 Auto Kush
420-magazine-mobile1657297463.jpg

So It seems at least I got my money's worth, what they sent adds up to $4 more than what I ordered. Not what I wanted but some exciting prospects.

Hey Red, how's your Cali girls looking? Mine are still plugging Day 27ish starting to see some ice around the flowers on top fans and tons of tops although 1 girl seems to be sucking hind tit behind the other 2 as far as Flower stage but still doing her thing. Haven't seen an update thought I'd check in with ya to have a little glimpse into the future 2 weeks from now.....

Hey David. I snuck a quick pic in today
420-magazine-mobile837160108.jpg

Lefty is jammin along very well. Seems like she's starting to pack on some weight and starting to swell up. She is getting a stronger smell everyday and is so sweet, smells like candy! The frost is thicker everyday too and im very excited for her harvest. Also about 40% of her pistils are amber.

Righteous is doing better with the new fans but not great. She is packing on weight too and her buds are overall fatter but seem slower to develop. Still not as much frost as Lefty, although it is increasing. She also has a different smell. Its more earthy than sweet. Also no amber pistils yet. There are a few swollen calyxes on a lower bud that kind of look like they're developing a seed, but I don't see any nanners anywhere so not sure. I'll do a weekly update on Monday and post some pics of everything.

Yes Shidden!

I'm abit late for this one but I'm jumping on anyway!
Your girls are looking smokin hot!

And thanks again for the advice on my thread.. you have gave me some food for thought anyway! Top Man!

Yeah man looking good! I've got slow learner also 1 stubborn little tramp seems to be several days behind the other 2 but still flowering ok. If not for her 2 roommates for comparison I probably wouldn't have noticed! I'll be interested in seeing how long they take to actually finish. U counting your flower days from day of flip???

I know what you mean, if mine weren't so different I wouldn't have noticed either. When I got these seeds there were 15 in the pack instead of 10, and I wonder if the extras they sent were the same strain or just a variety of whatever. Everything was mixed together, so I'd never know what was what even if they did, but I've felt at times these were two different strains. It's probably just phenos, but I have that feeling.

Yea I'm counting days from flip. Yesterday's shot was day 40. I like my stuff stoney so I'll be going as long as I can!

Could be I guess but I only ordered 5 of same strain but it got delayed a few days and even tho there were no "freebies", I received 8 but all in same bag labeled Cali OG so I figured maybe phenos but certainly not Autos I wouldn't think or they would've done their thing rebelled in some sorta way by now! I at least know they're photo ladies so worst case I get some early/different smoke. Can't lose

UPDATE DAY 42 SINCE FLIP

Side shot both
420-magazine-mobile1718162700.jpg

Top shot both
420-magazine-mobile528127007.jpg

Lefty top shot
420-magazine-mobile1749400253.jpg

Lefty Side
420-magazine-mobile190236078.jpg

Lefty didn't get trimmed nearly as much and has a nice second layer of smaller buds
420-magazine-mobile1435731213.jpg

Lefty buds
420-magazine-mobile1308016272.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2013736360.jpg
420-magazine-mobile757474713.jpg

Righteous top
420-magazine-mobile2050492038.jpg

Righteous Side
420-magazine-mobile1925802678.jpg

Righteous buds
420-magazine-mobile1623921170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1203771880.jpg

420-magazine-mobile13115237.jpg

Here's the a few swollen calyxes on Righteous. Not sure if they're seeds, looks like it though. I don't see any nanners or little flowers so not sure, may just be swelling up...
420-magazine-mobile1294525691.jpg

Still very few amber pistils on Righteous where Lefty is Still about 60/40 white/amber. I figure about 2 more weeks then I'll start taking a look at trichomes on Lefty to try to gauge when to start the flush.

Thank you fellas! I am feeling very grateful these ladies are playing nice!! I really didn't expect to have plants that look like this my first real run. I tried to grow a few times in the past but all I did was just throw some bagseed in a pot or in the ground and drowned them to death. It's amazing what a little studying can do for ya!

Speaking of studying, I read about a technique called backbuilding posted by a member here named LightAddict. I read about it awhile ago and was going to hold off to try on a future run, but couldn't help myself!

You cut off the very top of your buds, just the tip, about 2/3 of the way into flower. This signals to the plant that it's hit a barrier and can't grow up anymore so it fills out the bud better instead.

A lot of people swear by the results and some of the pics make it seem obvious.

I only elected to try this on one bud from Lefty.

Here is a regular Lefty bud similar in size to the one I trimmed. Notice the more pointy appearance
420-magazine-mobile1700141602.jpg

And here is the bud I trimmed, or backbuilt. I only did this 3 days ago, so not a huge difference yet, but I do feel like it's filling out more than the others now.
420-magazine-mobile452820914.jpg

We shall see how they look at the end and compare the results of those 2 buds!

Looks like they're swelling up a bit shaping up for a nice haul I hope for u bro! Hoping mine keep stacking up and look that nice in a couple weeks...
Looks like you're doing just fine over there David! Yours will look like mine before you know it. It was only a few weeks ago I was looking at Sages thinking mine would never look that good... Speaking of Sage, I wish he'd throw us an update!

Hey shiddenbrix, nice to see your progress. I'm popping 4 of these in water right now. Nice job keeping the grow all together! They look great and I can't wait for the end results. Thanks

Hey Stone, thanks for dropping by! I'm excited for the end results too. Had to go make a run yesterday and hoping it will be my last one. Gotta stretch so when this runs out I'll be packing up some of my own from now on!

I saw you had an Auto journal from back in Feb. How'd that turn out? I tried some CKS autos and out of 7 so far I only got 1 good one. 1 wasn't an auto, and the rest Had tiny flimsy stems with airy spindly buds. They actually taste and smoke ok after a week curing though, just super tiny- like 3-5 grams each. Here's some shots of the good one about 7ish weeks from seed. Hoping it would be done before the OG's but probably will end around the same time..
420-magazine-mobile1938214077.jpg

420-magazine-mobile275425813.jpg

If you start up a journal for your 4 OG's lemme know I'm in!

I grew four northern lights auto's (True North) under 315 watts of cmh light as my first grow. I made many mistakes and they still came out wonderfully. Around an ounce dry each. I can't smoke yet as I am randomly drug tested with my work, but my wife finds it good medicine for what ails her. It smells so nice when it's smoked, I can't wait for November as i'm retiring. I'm too caught up with things now so no journal yet however I'm hoping one day to.

I haven't shared much about the other tent or new veg box lately so here's an update on all that.

Here's the auto I recently shared. That pic was a few days ago so took a few new ones tonight when she got fed.
420-magazine-mobile2082419892.jpg

420-magazine-mobile961159516.jpg

Here's the plant that was supposed to be auto, but wasn't. I flipped it a few days ago so it's just starting it's stretch.
420-magazine-mobile188921165.jpg

It was from CKS and they had a labeling issue sending out Sour Jack photos in place of one of their autos at one point, so I'm thinking that's what I got in my auto mix pack. If it is that would be cool because it's Sour Diesel crossed with Jack Herer. But I'm seeing 12 weeks and massive stretch on some of them and that does not sound fun. It trains well and seems strong, but smells like menthol and wood when you run the stem which doesn't excite me. Hope her flowers smell better, I'm curious now so I guess we will see!

Here's the little veg box.
420-magazine-mobile1341831179.jpg

I added a small 2 prong red/blue LED in the back right there for when there are clones/seedlings in there. Read that red helps them root better. I took 6 clones from the Sour Jack (I'm just going to call it that from now on) before the flip and they rooted in about 5 days under it, so seems to work.

All the white cups are Sour Jack clones. Put them in the cups once they rooted in the rapid rooters.

The biggest plant up front is the lone surviving clone from Lefty in the OG tent. She is in 1 gal of docs soil and has blown up in the week since I put her in it! Tying her down and keeping her real low and it doesn't phase her one bit. The plan for her is to continue to torture the shit outta her and keep her as low as I can til her mom and aunt finish up in a few weeks. Probably try to circle her around the pot lol.

420-magazine-mobile530261859.jpg

In the back under the red lights now are 2 new In House Genetic Grand Double Purples! Had a hard time deciding between them and one of the BOGs, but I haven't had any purps in years so it had to be the GDP. Planted 3 days ago, broke through yesterday and are in 1 gal pots of Doc Buds HBB soil. They're reg seeds so it's a gamble only going with two but I had a good feeling about it. I should be able to take a cutting from them and throw it in a flower tent to find out before one of my tents opens up anyway. Exciting times!

Speaking of exciting, I harvested my first 2 plants. They were the tiny iddy biddy teensy weensy autos I had and gave 3.4 grams and 5 grams... Lol. The smoke is actually decent though. They've been curing for a week and I'll share some before and after photos.

Here's the one that smells like lemons/fuel/wood right after chop/wash/trim and was 3.4 grams dry.
420-magazine-mobile1559609884.jpg

And here it is tonight after drying for 3 days and curing for a week
420-magazine-mobile124545888.jpg

Smoke is smoother than I expected, tastes very much like lemon drops on inhale and earthy/sour exhale. Woody aftertaste in the mouth though not so good. Kind of sticky, airy and light. Overall I'd rate it 4/10.

This one smells like your nose is close to a blueberry muffin and there is some hash nearby. Really smells delicious! It was so airy and the leaves were mostly covered in trichs so I barely trimmed it at all. I also didn't take pics right away, but here it is the next day.
420-magazine-mobile275351207.jpg

And here it is after 3 days drying and a week curing
420-magazine-mobile1913739521.jpg

That first bud got smoked Already lol, but it's the same plant. This one tastes amazing. Very berry on the inhale and hashy on the exhale. Pleasant hasthy aftertaste and is super sticky. Leaves a sweet berry aroma on your fingers that lingers for awhile. This one is a little bit harsher though, burns the throat a little bit. Overall I'd rate it a 5/10.

I only sampled a small nug of each in the bong, but am pretty stoked to have some of my own buds in stock now. Its not much, and it's not fire by any means. I'd be pissed if someone tried to sell it to me. But it's mine damnit, and I'm proud as hell! Plus after seeing these turn out ok and at least usable, I can't wait to see what the OG girls bless me with! Also I realize it's early in the cure and they will get better so they may knock my socks off in a few more weeks... Ok, I gotta go to bed at some point, peace yall

Back
Top Bottom