Strains For Brains - A Brain Patient's Perspective

IMG_4124a.jpg

You can't go wrong... I've had 100% germination rate... First clear headed kush I've found and rare... check pm

High again Lady G,

Is your Oilzheimers Protocol written down? I'm very interested in how Cannabis reverses serious medical conditions. And I must say, you seem to be responding to your oil protocol. I too take infused oil twice a day for its theraputic properties. It seems to really help a couple different maladies of mine that were a sign of "getting old".

I'm so pleased you are reversing the progression of Alzheimers!! Nice job for you and yours!

I'm so glad you asked...

May I have a couple days to update it because it's 3 months old already and there has been progress worth noting?

:geek::geek::geek:

EDIT : I'm so glad you're on a maintenance plan. It sounds like it's working for you. ;) I'm looking forward to your feedback on my protocol considering you're a medical professional. ;)

I'm humbled and astonished with your offer G2. It's easy to say "Thank you", but it doesn't even come close to the gratitude I'm feeling. Your advice and Sues off the radar have already started to help.....in my head anyway.

Z doesn't know any of this is happening for her......she has no idea about 420 magazine or the outpouring of generosity from all of you......

Where can I find information to pass on to Z as to her part of this. She knows and trusts her body, she's our best indicator on how she's feeling and how things are feeling to her. Diet is good, no sugar, minimal if any red meat. She's on gov't assistance so she doesn't have a pile of resources available to her........except us all.....her best resource!

I'm humbled and astonished with your offer G2. It's easy to say "Thank you", but it doesn't even come close to the gratitude I'm feeling. Your advice and Sues off the radar have already started to help.....in my head anyway.

Z doesn't know any of this is happening for her......she has no idea about 420 magazine or the outpouring of generosity from all of you......

Where can I find information to pass on to Z as to her part of this. She knows and trusts her body, she's our best indicator on how she's feeling and how things are feeling to her. Diet is good, no sugar, minimal if any red meat. She's on gov't assistance so she doesn't have a pile of resources available to her........except us all.....her best resource!

*Basically she is going to detox her body of chemicals with this process. I don't know the damage to her body so I can't advise specifically for her, so you are going to coach her by asking her to always check in with her body, watch reactions, she can take notes of her ups, her downs, and see what happens.

*The biggest role for you to take on is to watch from the outside in. Monitor doses for her, cause measuring stuff is the worst when you're a patient. Especially for ALZ, cause I can't remember when I take medications and how much I take, unless it's super obvious and put in front of me. So you have to set up a routine and an easy way for her to dose regularly.

*So basically, if you were a builder, you are now ordering your supplies and drafting a plan to build her a house specific for her needs. That is how you need to address her dosing routine. Something that needs to be flexible to attack the disease, but low enough not to trigger any brain episodes that a heavy sativa would cause. Low and slow, but for cancer, double it. Does that make sense?

*We will discuss this much more okay...big hug...:) I appreciate your gratitude, it's what makes the positive brain vibes go round...;)

Yet another point to mention in your seed-request submissions!

*I have to go put that in my draft master now... thanks for reminding me, I would've forgotten. ;) So grateful for the details you find.

Super FOOD for THOUGHT! - Brainiac Green Juice 1.0 (More versions to come)

Created to introduce Cannabinoids (Neuro Genisis) into the system, without the taste, without the high, and using everyday fruits and veggies available to patients in a hurry. Great for first time users whom are brain patients, elderly, and nervous overall.

Here is my juice recipe I have created to use organic leaves for the healing compounds that IS in Cannabis. Secret's Out!

(There is no chance at “getting high” that is a myth and needs to stay in the dark ages)

This fruit blend has a smoothie texture and is very sweet. Especially for fussy food eaters like me, there must be enough fruit to match the bitter of the spinach and kale. That is the secret to creating this juice, adjust your levels to your taste. Also, if you are on meds, this juice is acidic, it may just clear you right out. What’s important is that we need to detox our system of chemicals with superfood, and that is also a carrier for the THCA to get absorbed throughout the body. (look up bioavailability).

If she has a bad gut…

You are creating a super food drink with pulp. She needs as much green, veggies and leaves to battle her gut issues where her immune system is located. If we have bad guts, it takes longer to heal. We essentially have to heal our guts first in order for the body to start sending compounds to other parts of the body. This would be so good for her, she can modify, but cutting is labour intensive. I just sit down first and get prep ready. 

Tips & Tricks – Secrets to my Success (always being updated, share your secrets too)

*Take 1 shot of this green juice, 3 times a day.

*Leaves must be rinsed with water, not washed.

*Take out stems that won't blend in a juicer.

*This should be enough for juice shots for 1-2 months (not sure).

*You want to pack your blender with soft stuff on the bottom and hard stuff up top, gently pushing it down. If it gets too thick in the blender add juice to soften it down. I do it in batches, and fill up the cups as I go. I hope you love it. 

*I use this green juice as a shotglass chaser to oil dosing so I can remember to take it.

*I freeze half of it because I drink so much of it fast in the summer.

*I store the juice in individual reusable plastic cups with tight lids (dollarstore).

*I love freezing it in ice cubes trays in the summer to keep my head temperature down in the summer.

*It makes me about 10-12 big cups of juice/fruit blend. 10 juice shots per cup, approximately. 1 shot, 3 times a day, or more.

*If your body craves the juice drink more. Listen to what your body says by how it reacts. Then cater this recipe to suit your needs. Make it your own.

*Take cup out of the freezer 24 hours before you need the juice. 
Keep it stirred and chilled, just like our lifestyle. ;)

Ingredients for my Green Juice Recipe

REALITY CHECK: It would be nice if everything was organic, but brain patients can’t afford it. So I’m sayin’ that organic cannabis leaves are sometimes the best we can do. What’s more important is getting the super food and oil regimen into our bodies because brain diseases rob patients of all of our financial resources, savings and careers.

(Patient FACTOID: There is a bankruptcy program for Canadian Brain Patients who get a terminal diagnosis or signed legal doctors’ detailed letter to absolve your debts in time for your passing. How do I know, I went through this program. That’s how real this is… every day counts. Back to JUICE!)

*Rinse organic leaves, do not wash them with soap. 

*Use up to 15 - 20 Frozen or FRESH Fan leaves
 (NO DECARB necessary).

*For brain cancer I would double the amount of leaves. The more leaves you add the more Cannabinoids THCA will exist and will slightly change the taste, please adjust to your liking. 

1 bunch of spinach - include all

1 bunch of kale
 - include all

1 whole pineapple cored (had to buy packed PA when it’s not in season)

1 lemon – cut quarters and pealed

1 sm slice of ginger root (the more you use the healthier it is and adds heat, but changes taste)

5 apples
 - sliced (keep skins on)
8 oranges – cut first then peeled (or it gets bitter)

1 cup of Orange juice

1 cup of 
Whatever juice you want to add.

*It tastes very sweet and no bitter residue in your mouth.

*It makes me feel like I can do anything in life.

*You will feel a jolt of super neuro hero patient and caregiver emergy.

*YOU CAN INCREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE JUICE THROUGH EXERCISE AND STUDY!

*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR CAREGIVERS TOO – no “getting high” possible at all.

*Have a super neuro hero party and make juice and oil. 

*feel free to ask questions...

Juice_IngredientsE.jpg

PreparationE.jpg

Vitamix_togetherE.jpg

The_Green_Juice.jpg

WHY JUICE FOR BRAIN PATIENTS?

"THCA: The Real Reason You Should Be Eating Raw Cannabis
Anna Wilcox

Have you ever tried raw cannabis juice or a smoothie? Fresh, uncured, and unheated cannabis is rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids. Unlike the heated, cured, and aged stuff, cannabinoid acids do not get you high. Rather, they provide a whole lot of health benefit without any change in consciousness. THCA is one of the most abundant cannabinoid acids, often totaling up to 20 percent of the bud. Here’s what you need to know about THCA and what it might benefit.

What is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)?

Most people familiar with cannabis know that the herb is commonly smoked. After an especially long day, there’s nothing quite like coming home to a little cannabis. Smoking flower or dabbing concentrates, however, are limited, though lovely, ways to enjoy the herb.

As it turns out, there may be some benefit to raw cannabis. Raw cannabis is cannabis that has been uncured and unheated. When fresh and unheated, the resin glands (trichomes) of the cannabis plant are rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids.

One of the most abundant is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), which is the precursor to the famous psychoactive, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

Fresh cannabis that is not heated and has not been aged does not contain much THC – if any at all. Instead, the cannabinoid present on the cannabis plant as THCA. THCA is considered non-psychoactive, meaning that it does not cause a “high” when you consume or inhale the cannabinoid.

In order to experience a psychoactive high from cannabis, the bud or leaves need to be heated. Heat stimulates a process called decarboxylation, in which temperature transforms THCA into the more famous compound, THC. It’s THC that has the mind-altering effects, not THCA. THC is a breakdown product of THCA.

Unfortunately, most of the research on cannabis has focused on psychoactive THC. However, in recent years, raw cannabis has become significantly more trendy.

What is THCA good for?

There is much research to be done on THCA. As things stand now, however, preclinical research has uncovered a wide variety of potential uses for THCA. THCA has demonstrated a wide variety of beneficial effects on the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The endocannabinoid system has been described as the largest neurotransmitter network in the body.

According to one source, THCA has a wider variety of effects on the ECS than both THC and CBD. Some of these roles include anti-spasmodic effects, anticonvulsant effects, anti-insomnia effects, and is reported to be immune supportive.

However, there is slightly more substantial evidence that THCA may hold potential in the following areas:

1. Anti-cancer

One way to evaluate the potential of cannabinoids is to know what these compounds do for the cannabis plant. Raw THCA has been found to produce necrosis in plant cells, which means that the cannabinoid seems to help the plant prune off dead or dying cells.

The human immune system has similar functions, inducing what is called “programmed cell death” when cells become too damaged, aged, or diseased. In cancer cells, this programmed cell death malfunctions. This means that diseased cells fail to die when they are supposed to, and they continue to proliferate.

One 2013 study in cell cultures and animal models found that THCA inhibited the proliferation of prostate cancer cells. This fits in line with additional research which has found that cannabinoids, in general, seem to express anti-proliferative effects in various forms of cancer.

In the majority of pre-clinical studies (cell cultures and animal models) have shown that THC, not THCA, seems to have the most potent effects on cancer cells. Yet, with its necrosis-promoting characteristics in the plant itself, this anti-inflammatory cannabinoid is speculated to potentially contribute to a healthy environment inside the body.

This potentially includes cancer prevention, through high-quality scientific studies are sorely needed.

2. Insecticide

To the cannabis plant, cannabinoids act as an external immune and defense system. Researchers speculate that THCA is a natural insecticide, repelling unwanted predators.

Though most people heat their cannabis products, this is a good reason to consider adding some raw cannabis oil to a skin cream to repel summertime pests. This also might give THCA a future in pest management products.

3. Anti-inflammatory

Like many of the over 113 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, THCA is considered a potent anti-inflammatory. As an anti-inflammatory, THCA has a wide variety of potential uses. Inflammation is thought to be one of the root problems of modern disease.

Though a little inflammation is a healthy response to stress, accident, injury, or illness, systemic inflammation is speculated to contribute to everything from depression to autoimmune diseases.

4. Neuroprotective antioxidant

The U.S. Federal Government already admits that cannabinoids are neuroprotective antioxidants. Yet, using cannabis to keep your brain healthy is not a trend that has readily been passed down to everyone. Research shows that cannabis does not have to be psychoactive to reap this potent antioxidant. Raw THCA is an antioxidant, too.

An antioxidant is a compound that helps neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals. Free radicals are pollutants and toxins that are thought to contribute to a host of medical problems, including aging.

Preclinical research from 2012 has found that THCA seems to somehow neutralize damage caused by oxidative neurotoxins that are used to model Parkinson’s Disease. Though research has yet to be thoroughly completed, this is a good sign that THCA has potential use in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases caused by oxidative stress.

5. Anti-emetic

It’s not uncommon for patients and cannabis-fans alike to turn to the herb for relief from a bad stomach ache or a bout of vomiting. As luck might have it, raw cannabis may be a helpful nausea-fighter as well.

Early research suggests that THCA is an anti-emetic, which means that those experiencing nausea, vomiting, and appetite loss may not have to get high to find symptom relief.

6. Analgesic

Though it’s a bit early to say, preclinical research has discovered that THCA seems to engage with a key type of cell receptor that contributes to the ability to feel and experience pain.

Research has found that, somehow, THCA seems to act on the TRPA1 receptor. This receptor part of what enables humans and animals to respond to environmental irritants like pain, temperature, and itching sensation.

If early research is any indication, raw cannabis and THCA may be especially appreciated by those with painful muscle cramping and tension conditions. Not only is there some evidence that THCA can reduce pain, bit it is also expected to calm muscle spasms.

How do you use THCA?

To get the most out of THCA, many consumers juice or blend raw cannabis leaves and/or bud. To draw from Dr. William Courtney, ingesting raw cannabis means that consumers can take in over 1,000 times more beneficial cannabinoid acids than they can when consuming psychoactive THC.

Some argue that activated THC is actually more bioavailable (usable) for the body, which is why it takes so little to produce beneficial effects. Yet, in anecdotal cases, many medical cannabis patients find incorporating raw cannabis into their diet a useful addition to other treatments.

Many cannabis consumers take full advantage of the THCA in their unwanted fan leaves or buds through:

Juicing
Blending
Steep in warm water for a tea
Using as a garnish
Incorporating THCA into salads and dressings

You can simply throw a few leaves into your morning smoothie or collect fresh buds to put into a juicer for a potent anti-inflammatory drink."

I had always thought that fan leaves had negligible amounts or no THCa at all in them, that only the upper leaves contained THCa. I had heard that juicing fans was good for you, but unrelated to THCa. Or are you recommending two different things: put raw fans in your juice and also eat raw THCa from buds and sugar leaves.

I'm confused.

I often skip gaps of information cause I'm knee deep in research, so thank you for clarification, it helps.

Sometimes peeps don't want to smoke the bud, they would rather have raw bud & fans, popcorn bud, leafly bits to get the most THCA as a total out of the plant. The THCA amount would be increased as it would get later into the veg cycle and flower cycle.

First defoliation - limited THCA

Defol late veg - increased THCA

Defol mid flower - high THCA

Entire buds & leaves at harvest - highest THCA count.

Then decarb for oil, or use entire plant for THCA & plant material for juice.

If you don't smoke or use oil, you can use the plant for THCA in juice and still reap the wider variety of Cannabinoid benefits.

:thanks: Does that make sense?

THCA converts to THC via decarb.

:thanks: Does that make sense? THCA converts to THC via decarb.

Thanks for clarifying! I was just about to start googling to see if I remembered correctly!

In terms of oil for massage, I remember in Magnus8's thread there was a mention of keeping half the bud out of the decarb so that there was a blend of THCa and THC in the final oil. I would guess that some folks would find that helpful for ingestion as well.

:thanks:

Hmmm, combining it instead of doing it seperately, that sounds like a new experiment to try. Yes, I very much like that idea, because then you can track your THCA dose better as well. I have a research page, so I'm gonna put that on, because that is doable for brains. YES, more research to do, my brain is tickled pink. Well adidas pink, gotta keep it cool you know. ;) Thank ITS, the possibilities are endless.

I would love to open up a wellness centre that only served this juice, just one juice but done really well and something we can count on. But the work that goes into something like that... it just remains a dream and a recipe at this time...

IF anyone tries the juice, please give me feedback. I can only improve with your guidance. ;) I like to create FAQ's from everyone's input that is how much I listen.

Have a great MOODAY...hahahaha

I hour til Zs operation today to remove her tumor. Just spoke to her via text and her spirit is just what you would expect from somebody in this situation..... Amazing! Our thoughts are with you kid.......

I hour til Zs operation today to remove her tumor. Just spoke to her via text and her spirit is just what you would expect from somebody in this situation..... Amazing! Our thoughts are with you kid.......
Please send our love and prayers buddy. I know how highly you speak of her. And She must be good people already if she's your friend. Best wishes

Thank you everybody for the sentiments......my friend has successfully made it through her operation. Now the work begins on both of our parts. G2HM, I can't thank you enough, even having spoken tonight. Ill pass on all of your comments and posts once I speak to her.....thank you all so much.

HI Everyone, been working dilegently in the background, I need a little break to recharge, I'm physically exhausted. I'll be back tomorrow with updates.

Just so everyone knows, I'm having the time of my life. There is so much gratitude and hope, sometimes things happen for a reason. We cannot question why, we can only give it our best shot at the time. Today, I put my best out into the world, I did it for Z.

Z, wherever you are, you have a piece of my heart and soul now, we will be forever connected, I am officially a part of your fight now okay my sister brainiac. You have us to fight with you.

You have to get better, cause one day I would like to meet you, and we can't do that unless you get better, me too. There is no turning back for us, you must make plans for the future, cause that is how we work. We live in the now and plan for a 420 future.

Put on your boxing gloves I sent you, and FIGHT! WE LOVE THINKING ABOUT YOU!

Guy : This is what we call team work. Brainiacs here to support.

Bode: I am working on your specific request, you're next, I promise. :)

Blessings 4 Brainiacs:love:

Little update......

While I was outside in my grow room last night, doing some electrical and speaking with G2HM on the phone, something amazing happened in the house......

Yesterday morning before the operation, Z had said to my girlfriend....." Make sure you call me tonight at 8 to check in on me". My girlfriend was hesitant because the operation had started with a bit of a delay because Z had a slight fever. Didn't want to call and potentially disturb her during recovery. At 7:55 p.m., the phone rang and guess who was there... That's right Z..... She just wanted to wish my girlfriend a good night sleep if you can believe it.

Shes loving the feeling knowing she's not alone in this......she can't wait to put a face to the name. There might be 1 person more excited than G2HM about the possibilities here......Lol. Get ready Lady G, Zs a powerhouse and stubborn. You'll get that hug yet!

Back
Top Bottom