Subscription & Email Notification Issues

Alright, I was wondering because @Duggan said he wasn't getting them for his own thread which he visits daily.
I I believe he is looking for an email for every reply I don't think he understands that he just gets an email stating someone replied but will never get another one until he visits the thread

I believe the three people Amy mentioned are all looking for an email for every Post in a thread which doesn't exist anymore and sounds like @420 said he doesn't see anything on the back end either

I believe the three people Amy mentioned are all looking for an email for every Post in a thread which doesn't exist anymore and sounds like @420 said he doesn't see anything on the back end either

Well THAT explains it. Someone finally admitted that the email service doesn't exist anymore as we knew it.

I'll stop looking for email, and see if I can live with just visiting the forums one by one, as time permits.

Well THAT explains it. Someone finally admitted that the email service doesn't exist anymore as we knew it.

I'll stop looking for email, and see if I can live with just visiting the forums one by one, as time permits.
These are all educated guesses and assumptions at this time, until we have the final investigation done.

Meanwhile, Google just released a new update for Chrome, hope that resolves some of those weird issues.

It would be a good thing to update now, if you are on Chrome.

You still get one email, just no more until you visit the thread.

This is correct. Only the threads I visited and at least liked send me a notification via email. Once, maybe twice. But to keep getting them, I have to visit each forum every day for emails to continue, and then, It is spotty, except on my own journal and this one. It really depends on how often one visits the watched forums.

So, you become a time slave to the program, esp if you have 20 or more threads you are following.

This is correct. Only the threads I visited and at least liked send me a notification via email. Once, maybe twice. But to keep getting them, I have to visit each forum every day for emails to continue, and then, It is spotty, except on my own journal and this one. It really depends on how often one visits the watched forums.

So, you become a time slave to the program, esp if you have 20 or more threads you are following.

Yes, when I get in from work it sometimes takes me 2 hours to get them all caught up

can't tell you how many times I have been late to a thread because I didn't know it existed.
personally don't care about all of that. Just new threads lol
High ‘lord :)
I’ve found a fairly groovy way to stay on top of that (because I want the same as what you’re seeking there) by ‘Watching’ the “Grow Journals in Progress” forum and requesting email. I get a notice for every new thread started in that subforum. You have to browse to it via the main 420 Forums> THE GROW ROOM>Grow Journals>Journals in Progess then you can watch that sub-forum. It’s the only email notification i’ve signed up for and it’s been working quite well (just started a few days ago to see, and I like it). Won’t miss new journals so easily now...
:Namaste:

Re mail notifications

I went to a thread I have visited before

Turned on watch + email notification

I've received an email with every new post.

I have not visited the thread at all since I set the email option.

It all works pefectly

Are the email notifications working as expected @Amy Gardner

Duggan is having issues again
I forgot I’d set up that test! I only check that email about once a week. So I just looked and I have emails. But not for every post. So I can confirm that they only come randomly and not with any kInd of logic as to which ones come through and which ones don’t. They’re often a long time after the fact too.

@420
It’s a widespread problem and is still unimproved since it was last discussed in this thread.

There’s no relevance I don’t think to what system or device folks are using. It spans all.
Notifications are sporadic, if they come at all. And often very late after the fact.
Some members are doing their best to get around it (trying to change their habits etc.). But any forum gives options for email alerts for new posts and it should just work. Sorry if that seems impolite but it’s maddening that this is such a problem. I don’t even use the feature and it’s making me mad! It’s obviously sophisticated software, a function like the email notifications should be easy and efficient and fully functional. I’m sure you agree!!

:Namaste:

That’s good to know... I wish Duggan was too!!

I wonder if the system has a maximum number of emails allowed to be sent to each member

That would explain some of the issues especially if people are following three threads

In regards to email notifications...

We are seeking members who have had these Preference settings since prior to the migration.

Watch content on creation: Yes With Email Notification
Watch content on interaction: Yes With Email Notification

If you have been subscribed to threads with email notifications since before the migration, and have NOT done the tip people are doing by unwatching and then watching threads again, and are still not getting email notifications, then please speak up so we can dig into your settings to see if we can discover the missing link.

My theory is that the subscriptions translated to watched threads perfectly, but somehow the part that connects to the email notifications got skipped, missed or corrupted during the import. The only way we can discover this, is by investigating an account that has not been tainted or reset by touching these settings yet.

Then there is the other level of the rabbit hole, in regards to whether or not you visited a subscribed thread, which appears to also connect with this in some way. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom