Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

I think we have gained ground. I quickly checked the 2 plants earlier & couldn't find anything moving. I found 3 spider mites on the leaves upper-side that were dead. I'm surprised to say that the red onions & chilies seem to have worked to some degree at least. The good point is that this really shouldn't affect the buds so I can keep on spraying the hell out of them until none are left. Plan is to do the same tonight, tomorrow night & the night after that with a stronger concentration.

Although the mites themselves might die on contact with this spray I'm sure some eggs will not be harmed & will hatch after 3 days, so the trick seems to be continually spraying until they're numbers through the following generation decreases to the point where they're obliterated. Make sense??

Anyway the war is far from over, must not get complacent lol!

:Namaste:

Make sure to bud wash at harvest time. I would imagine smoking chilli soaked buds might be an eye watering experience.

Congrats on winning this battle!

Cheers blaze. Anyhow enough talk about critter's, I haven't uploaded any pics in a while so here's one I took earlier of the canopy & another of a small mantis feeding on one of the plants I've got outside in the garden.

flower day22:
day229.JPG

small mantis:
IMG_53027.JPG

I have two more plants outside which have struggled quite a bit. It was the first time I germinated in a glass of water & I may have badly handled them when potting or I potted too soon or something because they've been heavily stunted since sprouting. They're better now &, they're there for a bit of fun. I'm actually toying with the idea of letting one veg until well...forever lol! we shall see.

:tokin:

Looking good brother! That mantis is pretty scary looking though.

Thanks bro, it's only a small mantis as well. They eat they're prey alive...nice. I think it sheds its skin about 7 times before reaching its final size. A full adult can eat mice & birds...they must be the top predator in the insect world.

Mantis'es... mantisees?? Mantis'?? Anyway, they are badass.

Caught my cat having a go at one, and the mantis was fighting back. It lost though. True story.

Hello everyone. I think I spoke too soon yesterday with the onion & chili spray, having checked again later I had to squish a few moving mites. Doesn't look like it works so last night I used the following spray instead...20ml/L h2o2 & 26ml/L isopropyl alcohol (glass cleaner). As of now I can't find any spider mites but I will check again later & report back. Also no visible signs of leaf damage caused by the spray so that's good.

What is with the girlyboy levels of H2O2? Go to 50ml and be a master grower, like me. :thumb:

Great looking girls! As always.

That mantis though. Damn. We don't have crazy bugs like that in these parts.

Great looking girls! As always.

That mantis though. Damn. We don't have crazy bugs like that in these parts.

Thanks wolf, yes the mantis is a crazy bug indeed. One even stood up to Blaze's cat, that's insane lol!

What is with the girlyboy levels of H2O2? Go to 50ml and be a master grower, like me. :thumb:

You're right bro, will spray this formula again on Saturday but will use 50ml h2o2 for that one. Play time is over.

:grinjoint:

Quick update on the spider mites since i'm heading out shortly. War is still on & I decided to ditch the isopropyl alcohol & went for rosemary oil. Today I used the following mix;

--40ml/L hydrogen peroxide 6%
--4ml/L rosemary oil
--0.5ml/L dish soap (to stick better)
--3ml/L white vinegar (lower pH).

Yesterday I also removed a few leaves that were badly infected. I hope this does the trick, will report back tomorrow if I can. If rosemary doesn't work I have access to plenty of other oils except for funnily enough...neem oil lol!

Hey blaze I checked fairly thoroughly & I'm glad to report that I think it works. I only found 2 spider mites that weren't dead BUT they seemed to be struggling. I'm sure there are other's I missed but compared to before there's less of them. I think I will keep up with this spray every 3 days at least for a while. Plus the rosemary smell is really nice so that's a bonus.

I took some pictures outside yesterday while I was spraying;

day25 flower:
IMG_53327.JPG

SLH:
IMG_53256.JPG

After laying the plants on the ground outdoors we quickly received a visit from a small praying mantis again...it seemed to know which one had all the goodies lol!

Mantis:
IMG_53226.JPG

Mantis:
IMG_53235.JPG

peace out.

They look fantastic Sol. They obviously enjoy all the bathing. Now up the H2O2 to 50ml and deliver the coup de grace.

Hello everyone. It is day 34 of flower & we are winning the war against the spider mites, I sprayed with rosemary oil three times (once every 3 days) & it's very effective. I still see a couple now & then but its nothing compared to before. I'm guessing another two or three sprays will completely destroy them but as it stands I'm very glad the tide has completely shifted & now we should have a stress-free end of flower period. From now on as part of all my grows I'll spray every plant once a week with rosemary oil until the end of flower...I think this will help hugely against mites & other unwanted visitors. Plus it smells good.

day34:
day344.JPG

On another note, my portable a/c unit was struggling in the open room so I set up an old outdoor tent indoors & placed the whole grow setup inside. Now the temps are much easier to control & the a/c unit isn't working nearly half as hard...result.

peace out

Back
Top Bottom