Super nOOB's Grow Journal...1st germ lol

Your mother plant will heal the wound without problem, The cut you made to top the plant will normally seal off in a matter of hours, then twin leaders will appear, and growth will continue. Good luck with your clone attempt. +16 reps for determination.

yeah its like your psychic lol, that's exactly what happened. I went out a few minutes ago and there's already two new leaders about 3" long taking the place of the old main top.

I dont think the clipping is gonna survive the transplanting process though haha.

I used some more of the same soil I had and mixed in some various nutes and then made it nice and moist then I cut the top off and stripped off the skin for about 1/2" and dipped it into some rooting hormone. Its a big wilted mess right now haha. Its technically still green so I spritzed it down with some water.

I had it in a homemade humidity cap yesterday and I think that actually hurt it the worst as I went back out two hours after the transplant and it was already pretty wilted so I took off the dome eesh.

I'll just keep an eye on it for a little while until it's pretty much a rotten brown mess and then try again I guess haha.

hmm just a little update here. I think the plant was apparently starving for some nutes compared to the 5/11 picture as you can see in this 4 day later pic as it is MUCH more perky now lol. I've also been daily spritzing it with plain water on it's leaves as well.

Here's a question, what is a decent time period for a 12/12 grow from seedling to harvest?? I've been reading other grow journals and it seems my plant is sorta like a charlie brown christmas tree compared to other grows in that it seems to be a slow grower and is sorta not really as "bushy" as other ones lol. Granted it's only been a little over a month since seedling broke ground but I've seen soo many others that seemed to be growing much faster than mine and I'm wondering if I need to modify or intensify my nute schedule?

the bud sites seem to be perpetually in the mode I have in the second picture.

oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure the clone is most definitely dead. its just a drooped mess lol. It's still technically green so I've been keeping the soil wet and spritzing it just in case it miraculously recovers but it's not looking like a miracle any time soon :p guess I'll have to keep practicing with this lol.

DSCN28051.JPG

DSCN2811.JPG

I've got 4 100w (rated) cfl's overhead in a bloomed out pattern. I had more in there but the temps got too high and the plant was leaning to the 100w bulbs as it was so I just reduced down to those until the temps stabilized. When I try to add more light, it gets a bit too hot for it lol.

I guess with the amount of light it'll be a slower grow for me until I figure out how more adequately cool the grow room and still be quiet and stealthy about it.

oh yeah, should I keep up the nutes right now and see how it does since it seemed to perk up so well after adding them at a higher dose??

alright, just got back in town after being gone on business all week and here's where it is right now. Looks like the bud sites are starting to fill out I guess?? I dunno, since this is my first time lol.

where would be a good place to try to take another clone from if its not too late yet??

DSCN2818.JPG

DSCN2819.JPG

whats a good meter for testing pH on the fly?? also, I was wondering if my sudden extra doses of nutes might be the result of the yellowing.

the only soil test meter I've seen is what looks to be this supercheap ph meter that is based on resistance?? It's square and green and "needs no batteries". lol. dunno but sounds not very accurate. I've searched for a fox farm supplier on the thinking that they might also carry other good supplies and found one 20 miles away...which in my area...is forever. I wont even have a chance to get there for the next two weeks as I'm leaving town on sunday for 2 weeks. I'm testing makeshift humidifier right now to see if it can help before I leave.

I'm also going to cut back on the nutes as it COULD be nute burn associated.

or does this make me sound crazy?

oh yeah, how often do I have to spread reputation around before I can give more?? lol, this is the first forum I've used based off this architecture lol.

I think I may have been over feeding the plant nute wise so I'm gonna stay off it for a little and see how the plant does.

I'll be irritated if I make it this far with the plant and it dies on me haha.

I think I may have been over feeding the plant nute wise so I'm gonna stay off it for a little and see how the plant does.

I'll be irritated if I make it this far with the plant and it dies on me haha.

ya dood same here if my babies just dropped dead i would be speechless

the grow is looking great so far dood much progress :grinjoint:

cool thanks man. appreciate it. I'm leaving town on sunday for 2 weeks and on top of that my fiance's mom is coming for that time lol!!

somehow I have to be able to get on the phone with her about watering and checking on the plant while trying not to tip off her mom to whats going on. haha.

I'm hoping I can see what to do change wise for the plant to cure the yellowing areas on the leaves in the next few days while I'm all ninja covertlike before I leave town.

Back
Top Bottom