SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

To be honest, most of those dependency determinations were made by people who had a misunderstanding of the pharmacokinetics of cannabis and a need to control and judge.

Then here’s the questionable practice of “cannabis recovery programs” with a vested interest in keeping the stigma in full force.

In Wisconsin people still get sent to rehab just for cannabis. I was in rehab (more times than i care to recall) for bad drugs and alcoholism but because I used cannabis more than anything else the "professionals" forced me to claim it as my drug of choice during group brainwashing activities.

Both articles you shared here contradict everything I was taught in those rehabs about weed. However, both articles confirmed my personal beliefs about the benefits of cannabis. Go figure. Lol.

Thanks for the good reads.

I think toes do belong. My trimmers went into my first little toe last year. Do I have a pic? Oh yeah IMG_2553.jpg
:eek:

Happy Friday 420Folks!

Consider me dependent upon Cannabis, it's OK, I can take any label.

I have been a thriving, successful and contributing member of society, and raised a good family the whole time I've been "dependent". What other drug dependency allows a person to remain, or even become, a functional decent human being?

Having been a drug counselor, I can offer none. I'm not proud of this fact, but I've sampled most everything on Gods green (blue?) earth. Cannabis dependency must be unlike any other drug dependency. I can quit if I desire, and have done so many times as required by "laws" (employment drug tests), and never felt the cessation hell like most all other drugs and alcohol. A day or two of blah ... perhaps, but certainly no worse than a minimal alcohol hangover.

I am dependent upon water too. Hi, My name is Keith and I have a H2O problem! :laugh: Cannabis makes me thirsty, which makes me drink more water. Side effects of Cannabis and H2O? It flushes away spent cellular toxins, frequent kidney stones, helps me tolerate RA symptoms and keeps me looking way younger than my years. It's a terrible dependency I tell you! :laugh:

OK, just being goofy, there is no real problem with Cannabis. The problem is some folks just want it to be a problem (financial profit, racial suppression, superiority complex etc.), and the mindless sheeple that swallow their propaganda and regurgitate it as fact only exacerbates the problem.

Peace
Keith

OK, just being goofy, there is no real problem with Cannabis. The problem is some folks just want it to be a problem (financial profit, racial suppression, superiority complex etc.), and the mindless sheeple that swallow their propaganda and regurgitate it as fact only exacerbates the problem.

Peace
Keith

Happy Friday Keith. :hug: “some folks want it to be a problem.” How true. We’ve always acknowledged that the “problem” with cannabis was getting caught.

I have a dear friend who’s still trying to convince herself that forcing her son into rehab for his cannabis use was a good thing - 15 years later. :straightface:

Hey.... I have that H2O problem too. :hmmmm:

Hey.... who you callin’ old? :rofl:

At first, I thought he'd typed "odd" ;) .

Never could figure the full moon stuff out. A lot more... great adventures have occurred in my life during the dark of the new moon. Probably would have been the same 700 years ago - but for the fact that torches aren't very handy in the forest.

gumball machine with marble collection

Lose the marbles, get a sack full of those kracker jack "prize" containers, put a bud in each, mix them up, and stick them in the gumball machine.

bonsai pots Dale left behind

Mildly surprised you haven't repurposed those, lol. Too low for that? Grab a pepper plant (just about any of them, but the ornamentals that produce multiple fruit colors seem most popular) and plant in there. A minimum of training and it can look like a decades-old bonsai in a year. Only with colors ;) .

some fossils and cave popcorn specimens

Hmm...

Nah, that would place a transport burden on you at the very time you're trying to reduce that thing in order to travel. No local museums, schools, or individual teachers interested? A shame, on the one hand. On the other, I suppose it infers that the local public facilities don't need to take in strays, and that the local teachers aren't forced to beg, borrow, and take side jobs to obtain class materials.

At first, I thought he'd typed "odd" ;) .

Never could figure the full moon stuff out. A lot more... great adventures have occurred in my life during the dark of the new moon. Probably would have been the same 700 years ago - but for the fact that torches aren't very handy in the forest.

You know, I was thinking that a greater proportion of my.....adventurous moments occur during the new moon. Hmmm....

I haven’t yet asked the local schools if there’d be interested in the fossil collection. I’ll be doing so this next week when we make a concerted effort to move the bigger stuff on to new homes.

I was in rehab (more times than i care to recall)

No personal experience here. An ex- had to attend AA and NA meetings for a while as part of her probation, but she only walked away from that experience with an expanded list of customers and contacts. And a new habit to add to her list.

But I'm familiar with the concept, and have done a fair amount of reading in the past.

Most of them aren't serious, IMHO. Some of - most of, one hopes - the people that go in to work everyday probably are. I mean the principals aren't serious. If they were, it'd be "Welcome to the USMC," lol. Only with a "you cannot possibly get kicked out" clause, just end up enjoying the experience even less than you already are.

Brain washing works lots better when you use an industrial-strength pressure washer to strip away what is already present :rofl:. Alternatively stated, you can drive a square peg through a round hole - if you've a big enough hammer. What comes out the other end is a different product than what went in.

Fails? Yeah, of course. The various branches of the armed forces end up with some, too. Thankfully, most of those still make usable soldiers - but the rate would be higher (in practical terms) in the civilian world. And I'd worry a lot more about the specific content of the dogma that was getting imprinted on the "boots" than I do now, because it'd be stuck-in a lot harder.

Still, it is my belief that there'd be more immediate successes, and more long-term ones, too.

Consider me dependent upon Cannabis, it's OK, I can take any label.

I'm not (IMHO). I am dependent on menthol, people being willing to pay others a few bucks for doing things they don't want to, caffeine, and nicotine. Remove any and my suffering is immediate and prolonged, lol, and I instantly begin plotting ways to find more.

Cannabis?

I go through life trying to act like I want to be here. Cannabis just helps me be a better actor.

Upon rare occasion, really, really good cannabis has momentarily caused me to forget I was acting.

That's just a want. Like wanting a/c in your car on a hot day when you've just bought frozen food (or, you know... wanting a car).

When I run out, I don't panic; I just sigh. (Admittedly, some of them were rather pitiful-sounding things - but those strains were special ;) .)

I've always kind of assumed others were the same way, in regards to cannabis "dependency." Can't say I've ever seen anyone panhandling to go buy a bottle... of buds. Or a spike of it, either. Their shoulders are just slumped a little bit worse than usual. . . .

Good evening everyone :love:

What say we get this tour started? We have a Friday night to get back to. Lol!

Weekly Update: Clone Cuttings, Veg Shelf, and Tiny Closet - Friday, August 17, 2018

There was a spurt of rooting going on this week, and four more cuttings got rooted, three of them today.

We’re down to a mere four in the bags, a Platinum Scout V2 and two Candy Cane cuttings by the tiny closet...

...and another PSV2 over here by the veg shelf.

Among the new planting’s are DC,

a sad looking, but well-rooted Royal Gorilla,

and Royal Cookies, which simply exploded with roots. :eek:

It’s getting a little crowded in here. I’ll be flipping the Candy Cane, while my friend gets her tent and nutrients together. I took two cuttings from her, so I’ll have at least one for Jgrowlove when he’s ready to help his friend set up next month.

She’s drinking 10 ml of Parts A & B with 4 ml of Energy per gallon of water used. All hempy plants get 2 ml of CaliMagic in each gallon of water.

Tomorrow I’ll find room in a tent for her.

Carnival 5.1 is starting to take off, so her wings got clipped back yesterday while I was drenching. She’s up to 8 ml Parts A & B with 4 ml of Energy per gallon of water.

Next to her sits CBD Critical Cure 2.9, on the same feed and also clipped back yesterday.

Both Carn 5.1 and this CBD Critical Cure will go to the friend that’s taking the Candy Cane plant. I’ll get them through veg for her. When she returns from vacation in the 8th of next month they’ll be ready to rock her gardening world. :slide:

The tiny pot clones are both on half-strength nutrients, a restricted feed that hasn’t slowed them down much. Lol!

I’m figuring this CBD CC can go to Jgrowlove. :circle-of-love:

Showing some decent structure. She’s drinking base nutes, 8 ml of Parts A & B with 4 ml of Energy per gallon of water used.

It’s about time to upcan her. I was hoping not to have to do that, but it looks like I can’t wait much longer. Either that or I’ll have to chop her back. I don’t relish doing that less than transplanting so tomorrow I’ll get another pitcher for her.

I’m not certain this one’ll make it. It had roots, but nothing green to supply it with energy. I’ll give it a few days. She was planted a couple days back, soaked in 1/4-strength nutrients. If she doesn’t make it I’ll take a cutting from Carn 5.1.

My little Lemon heartbreaker. *sigh* I’m thrilled to pass on all these wonderful genetics, but I’ll be honest and say it pains me to work with plants I know I won’t be finishing. I console myself with the knowledge that once I hand them over their bound to supply a decent harvest.

A happy crew, eh?

On to the tiny closet, home to the Dark Devil Autos. Why’re both receiving 14 ml of Parts A & B (Bloom) with 8 ml of Bulk and 1 ml of Energy for each gallon of water used.

All of my flowering plants are on this same feed. Every one of them had the leaf tips burn, so this is where we stay. :battingeyelashes:

Their color is more similar, don’t you think? Wasn’t that long ago the DDA 8 (on the left) was closer to dark lime green. Now they’re both showing the blue-green of a DDA in full flower. :battingeyelashes:

Lovely buds, delicious scents......what’s not to love? :slide:

Next up, the flowering tents. :ciao:

Weekly Update: The Flowering Tents - Friday, August 17, 2018

Tent # 1

I’m mesmerized.... they look significantly better with every passing day. I have no idea what they’ll end up with, but I think I’m looking at a few ounces of indica variety for the daughter.

This’ll make it easier to identify them. Lol!

There’s not much to say about them, so I won’t. I’ll let you enjoy the pictures.

The prettiest one among them. :battingeyelashes:

The most fragrant. :battingeyelashes:

I’m fascinated by how well the Devil’s Carnival does in a small lot. I’ll explore that more once I’m moved. It’s an excellent chemovar for pain topicals.

I’ll need to pop more seeds in search for this pheno, so I’d best hang onto the few remaining ones I have.

One last look back before moving on....

Maybe another. Lol!

Ahh..... Carnival...... :circle-of-love:

Tent # 2

She takes up more than half the tent, which is a bit constrictive for Red Diesel, but it’s working, so I’m not messing with it.

Beautiful structure to her buds. This looks to be an exquisite harvest ahead.

Red Diesel is the only girl receiving Mega Crop, and she’s at the top of the nute ladder at 6 grams per gallon of water used.

She’s proven to be incredibly easy to grow, undemanding and cooperative in a tent where a Carnival shines. She had a decent stretch and now she’s busy building dense buds.

Tent # 3

Oh yeah.... :slide: You see how she’s starting to tip over from the weight? :yahoo:

She’s really sticky. Lol!

This Timber 3000K quantum board rocks! Even the low-lying flowers are bulking and frosting like there’s no tomorrow. :slide:

One more look before the tour winds down.....

Yeah..... I feel the same way. Lol! This one has been a delight to grow, and signs are she’ll come in on time. Whew!

She smells amazing!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, brings our nickel tour to its inevitable end. I thank you kindly for stopping by, and I hope we made the stop worth your while.

May the pleasure they bring you come close to the pleasure they give me.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I’m ready for a blistering buzz. Join me? :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

After doing the updates my eyes are so tired I need an extended break.

Now if I could only let myself take it. :rofl:

Thanks Sue - lovely tour, just packing a bowl myself :yummy:. It is hard to look away isn’t it...

:passitleft:

Thanks..... :passitleft:

This Red Diesel is niiiice. It's got a two-month cure going. She improved dramatically with age. :battingeyelashes:

That zam x pan looks gorgeous sue, you really have come into your own growing these sativas :thumb:

Why thank you Night. :hug: This one's so easy to grow. I'm gonna cob most of her, and try my best to leave it alone for a month before I start tasting

Back
Top Bottom