SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

Good afternoon everyone :love:

Let's get this celebration of light options off to a roaring start, shall we? :slide:

A couple years back I won the MOTY contest, and one of the prizes was a Vero from Timber Grow Lights.

That surprising win led to the beginnings of a friendship with Dan at Timber, who decided to support my work here by seeing to it that my plants always had great lights hanging over them.

As obsessive cannabis cultivators we all know

Light Is The Engine That Drives The Grow

For the second time in as many years Dan has instructed me to give away all my lights so he and his talented team could construct new ones to replace them. This time, as a sponsor of :420: Dan wanted to demonstrate the wide range of lighting options Timber Grow Lights has available, so you could watch me grow under them and see the differences in plant performance. I have four of the six fixtures in hand, enough to say that my entire garden is thriving under the many indoor Timber suns, so it's time to start the new installment of my perpetual.

:welcome: to my Hempy Haven, Powered by Timber. :hug:

Since the lights will be the initial stars of the show, let's begin with the lineup. I have 6 growing spaces, and each will be under a different Timber fixture. I'm waiting on the smaller 120 Watt 5000K quantum board, still in production, that'll cover the smaller early veg tent, as well as the new skunkworks fixture Dan and Luciano are working on that incorporates the Philips Luxeon light. Something brand new to try out. Won't that be fun? :slide:

Ok, that list I was telling you about. I gave Dan the specifications for my spaces and how I intended to use each space. Then I added on the little veg tent kelticBlue gifted me, and they made a fixture for that one too. :battingeyelashes:

All-in-all Dan and the team decided on:

2'x4' Veg area: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (4000K)

Flowering area #1: 200 Watt Cree CXB3590 (4) COB Fixture (3500K)

Flowering area #2: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (3000K)

Flowering area #3: Philips Luxeon Light - (TBD *)

Autos area: 200 Watt Vero29 (2) COB Fixture (3500K)

Small grow shelf (early veg) -- 120 Watt Quantum Board (5000K) *

(* = in production)

Yeah..... blew me away too. :eek:

How 'bout a quick tour?

Starting with the clones and vegging plants we have a space approximately 2'x36" with a shelf that measures 18"x36". I have a little fluidity for expansion, since the space is just a wire shelf with a curtain attached clipped to the frame.

At the moment I have a Carnival and a Zamaldelica x Panama gearing up to flower in about two weeks and a whole mess of clones I'm doing my best to hang onto.

To encourage bushy plants with tight nodes the team put together a lovely quantum board in a cool 4000K spectrum. I'm a little in awe of the quantum boards. So much power, so little heat.

Luciano designed and constructed it to be a perfect fit for my space. :battingeyelashes:

The top of the shelf is wide open so any heat generated goes straight up and away.

To the right of the veg shelf the tiny closet goes back to being the autoflowering space filled with Dark Devil Auto as planned. I'll be cobbing these beauties, and it's delicious to know they're growing under state-of-the-art COBs, lifting my anticipations and expectations of a stellar series of harvests translating into jars of stored cobs to choose from. :yahoo:

Dan selected this fixture because the size/shape of the grow area (33"W x 13"D) would work well with 2-3 COBs and he thought anything more than 200 watts would be unusable given the PPFD requirements for the intended coverage area. This fixture uses the Vero29 Generation 7 Type “C” COBs in a 3500K color temp – best for full cycle. It's also very efficient and uses big splayed fin heatsinks for passive cooling

Next to the closet we have the smaller tent gifted to my garden by kelticBlue that's slated to be home to the many clones of genetics I'm attempting to hold onto. This'll be the home of the 125 Watt quantum board they're still working on. Only one of my clones has sprouted roots so far, and I can squeeze them into other areas until that fixture arrives.

I'll be able to get 10 in here without a struggle or causing environmental concerns. I'll be picking up fans for intake and outflow sometime this next week. At the moment there's only one Devil's Carnival clone potted up, and it's hanging out in the tiny closet for the time being.

Moving on to the flowering tents......

Tent # 1 houses the Black D.O.G. I saved from Jgrowlove's garden, enjoying the luxury of 240 Watts of Cree COBs in a spectrum of 3500K, the benchmark for COB lighting, mounted into the most beautiful custom frame....... I'll tell you guys, gazing at these lights leaves me feeling enormously blessed.

Tent # 2 is home to a sister rescue, Royal Gorilla, spending this part of her bloom cycle under my old 200 Watt Citizen (4) COB kit Dan gifted me last year, mounted to a frame made for me by Hash Hound. It sure is a blessing to have a talented handyman in the neighborhood who also understands cannabis gardening. Lol!

When the new Philips Luxeon fixture comes in it'll be installed in this tent.

Tent # 3 is filled with the blooming goodness of Devil's Carnival 1.7 and my sativa-leaning Black D.O.G., soaking up the lumens from the 240 Watt Quantum Board in a nice warm 3000K spectrum.

Now we know I can't blame it on the lights if I crash and burn. :rofl: If you have any questions about the lighting I'll do my best to get answers or call in Dan to cover for me. He's pretty busy filling the demand for these lovelies, so we'll be patient. We have had one good conversation about the basics of lighting, with the opportunity to have many more, so don't hesitate to ask.

Nutrients will continue to be RX Technologies and once the soil girls I inherited from Jgrow are harvested the garden will be all hempy, all the time. :yahoo:

DrDoob turned me onto a new nutrient line that looked balanced and easier than what we're both using now and was giving away free samples. I'll be testing it out. After all, hempy is a lazy gardener's method for growing exquisite cannabis. If we can cut costs and make it even easier we're all over it.

You guys seem to go out of your way to make my life sparkle. :circle-of-love:

You all know I grow for both medicinal and recreational purposes. Let's be honest. I'm an obsessed cannabis cultivator. We grow because we can't not grow. Lol! I'll be continuing to update on Fridays.

I think that's everything. Time for me to celebrate this opening with a righteous buzz with the daughter. :slide:

Thanks for joining along. :Namaste:

My first impression when I read your light list was "What is Sue's electricity bill?"

I'm using LEDs and CFL's and I burned over $200 a month when all three units were in service. I am down to one 3 x 3, switched to Flower, so will eagerly be awaiting a much lower bill.

'm using LEDs and CFL's and I burned over $200 a month when all three units were in service.

Glad to see you haven't cashed in all your chips AKgramma!

Dang, $200 bucks a month? How many square feet were you illuminating? The electrical costs for my grow space of 50 sq ft (no tent, open room) was about $75 last month (in my area prices for a kW hour) based on my KillaWatt meter stats. The AC ate 60% of that number (window unit), so I'm hoping for $40 a month electrical costs come fall winter and spring. I try to keep my monthly grow costs to $100 all included, and usually can do so.

Peace Keith

High SweetSue,

Yay, first page! I do enjoy following your journals. I'm sure you'll do Timber Lights proud! Pretty amazing setup with the tents next to each other like that. Mighty fine! Namaste

:welcome: everyone...

Yay! Can’t wait to see what you do next! :yahoo:

First through the door Doob! :high-five: Ahhh..... here we go. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh yeah...That's quite a beautiful assortment of lights there girl. Go make the place green. :bongrip::love:

He did me up right, eh Jim? I’m a bit awestruck, and more than a little humbled by the trust in me.

Sue....do you gotta wear sunscreen in your house now? Lol

Haha! The daughter came over yesterday for a buzz, sat down at the table to clean some out and exclaimed “It’s a little bright in here Mom!” :rofl:

@SweetSue, was very pleased with my 200W @TimberGrowLights (Citizen) that I got on your recommendation...but it is summer and I am currently using Mother Sun...:cool:

Oh, for the opportunity to grow outdoors or in a greenhouse Blew. You’re a lucky man my friend. My best to the wife. :ciao:

My first impression when I read your light list was "What is Sue's electricity bill?"

I'm using LEDs and CFL's and I burned over $200 a month when all three units were in service. I am down to one 3 x 3, switched to Flower, so will eagerly be awaiting a much lower bill.

I’m on a program where I pay 80% of the bill. That typically comes in at between $60-90 a month, completely manageable on my income.

Yay! A new Sue Thread!
Props to Dan at timber for hooking you up.

Peace
Keith

Dan generated a massive amount of good karma with this move Keith. The atmosphere of my apartment is one of calm assurance that all is well.

In and in Crazy Woman

WooHoo! Wouldn’t want to do it without you Chris. I’ll have you know I’m celebrating the evening - by design - with your Carnival. :hug:

High SweetSue,

Yay, first page! I do enjoy following your journals. I'm sure you'll do Timber Lights proud! Pretty amazing setup with the tents next to each other like that. Mighty fine! Namaste

And I enjoy having your companionship as I joyfully grapes through my many grow spaces Bods. Thank you for coming along.

Thank you all for coming along. :hug: I’m feeling really good about this one. :green_heart:

I just learned from the manufacturer that GreenLeaf's MegaCrop nutrients require me to pH adjust my water. That means I'll have to restock a pen, calibration solutions and some pH down before I use them. That puts them on hold for a bit. Looks like all the mad money goes to nutrients next month.

You know you're a grower when all your extra money goes to the girls. :rofl:

Subbed up and ready!

WooHoo! There you are Bear. :hug: You’ll get the chance to see the fixtures and their brightness up close and personal soon. They’re amazing!

Page one yep

Good to see you here Hacker. Make yourself comfy. :hug:

Made it and wow I never knew how bright those lights were! Timber hooked you up! The gifts of good karma!!

Awww.....what a sweet thought. :battingeyelashes: If what you give off is what you get back then Cajun was right when he told me he considered me “a kinda light” on the site. Lol!

I never anticipated it would come back to me in the form of many indoor suns. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom