SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

I take it you have seeds developing? The genetic playtime has already occurred. What would you gain by chopping now? You have free seeds, possibly of unknown origin, but free nonetheless. I'd let them keep going, but let's see what the rest of the crew says. I've never gotten seeds, other than the occasional mystery one.

What's your biggest concern here?

Hermi is my biggest concern. I know that there was no male pollen involved it was female pollen that basically knocked herself up and the other 2 plants!!!! Are the seeds going to carry this trait of turning Hermi? Or are they feminized seeds now? Or do I have both now Hermi and fem seeds ? The plants look so dam good I'm just very upset that all this time is wasted !!!!! I don't want to have this happen again. I guess I will let them finish out and then I will go play JOHNNY APPLESEED and plant them seeds all over So Cal !!!! There must be 300 seeds altogether!!! Live -Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hermi is my biggest concern. I know that there was no male pollen involved it was female pollen that basically knocked herself up and the other 2 plants!!!! Are the seeds going to carry this trait of turning Hermi? Or are they feminized seeds now? Or do I have both now Hermi and fem seeds ? The plants look so dam good I'm just very upset that all this time is wasted !!!!! I don't want to have this happen again. I guess I will let them finish out and then I will go play JOHNNY APPLESEED and plant them seeds all over So Cal !!!! There must be 300 seeds altogether!!! Live -Love-Learn

I know next to nothing about genetics and cannabis. There are many who frequent here that do though, and one of them will jump in.

Take a deep breath and appreciate the coming harvest. That's a nice trichome field you have going, and it's the oil we grow for. Things always work out for the best. Not always what we anticipated, but always for the best.

Hundreds of seeds, eh? This could be a bonanza. :battingeyelashes:

I know next to nothing about genetics and cannabis. There are many who frequent here that do though, and one of them will jump in.

Take a deep breath and appreciate the coming harvest. That's a nice trichome field you have going, and it's the oil we grow for. Things always work out for the best. Not always what we anticipated, but always for the best.

Hundreds of seeds, eh? This could be a bonanza. :battingeyelashes:

Yup so many I can't count they are very nice looking seeds I've removed a few and checked them out and they are very nice looking almost perfect to perfect! Lol I got the seeds from a buddy that was growing the Bubba and he found like 5 seeds and I took them and grew them out and got this mess!!!!! Very nice looking bud a lot of trichomes and they started very early like the first week and the trichomes where already visible. Live-Love-Learn
420-magazine-mobile1488507777.jpg

Hi SweetSue,

I'm so glad you are back. I didn't know I would miss you so! Just know you are loved by many of us cannaheads. Ditto on the news!! Haven't watched for years! Facebook was trashed during the election, and I don't go there anymore either. I am enjoying things more as you express your perception of life in general. It's beautiful!!

Oh, btw, you will love the timber lights!! Can't wait to see how you use them in the grow environment.

Hi SweetSue,

I'm so glad you are back. I didn't know I would miss you so! Just know you are loved by many of us cannaheads. Ditto on the news!! Haven't watched for years! Facebook was trashed during the election, and I don't go there anymore either. I am enjoying things more as you express your perception of life in general. It's beautiful!!

Oh, btw, you will love the timber lights!! Can't wait to see how you use them in the grow environment.

Well that was heartwarming maineiac ..... :hug::hug:

I was surprised at how much I missed being right here. We fuel each other in this joyful journey.

I already know the garden's gonna explode with this lovely lighting. Don't you just love the warmth of the spectrum? It feels like a sunny day to me. That's the reason I keep the tiny closet open to the room. That closet is part of my ambient lighting. :laughtwo:

Yup so many I can't count they are very nice looking seeds I've removed a few and checked them out and they are very nice looking almost perfect to perfect! Lol I got the seeds from a buddy that was growing the Bubba and he found like 5 seeds and I took them and grew them out and got this mess!!!!! Very nice looking bud a lot of trichomes and they started very early like the first week and the trichomes where already visible. Live-Love-Learn

Hi!
First question is, why did it hermie, light poison? Maybe your buddies bubba had genitic tendancy to hermie.? Some high stress? Buds past maturity?
I believe hermie plant will tend to produce seed the will have a tendency to go hermie under the same conditions.

Hermies can be hard to see, i know I just had a tent with one. I never saw it beyond initial formation then it sort of disappeared.
I got seeds but it is not unmanageable for me.

I am just saying HI, I am no expert on seeds. I do get a ton of seeds from hermie plants though.

EdIt: Dr. Ziggy threads has many experts about seeds in it here:Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit
I dunno?

Heyyyy Sue!!!! Happy thursday friend! You are a master grower buddy. You just kick ass in every direction!!! Im glad you are back. As far the aforementioned hermie plants I believe the seed will carry those same genetics. May be female seeds though. I mean hey if its good material nothin wrong with makin oil out of it. :volcano-smiley:

420-magazine-mobile1488507777.jpg

Hermi traits will carry down through the offspring. Some plants will hermi easily, and others need a lot more stress. If you have hundreds of seeds and didn't have any serious stressing conditions, then the offspring will probably not be worth growing. It sounds like your whole grow area is already seeded, so cutting now isn't going to do anything except let you start a new grow sooner. It sounds like you don't have a good seed stock to start over with though. I'd inspect all your plants and pull any nanners you see and let them finish. They won't be as good as they would be unpollinated, but they should still be decent.

Hermi traits will carry down through the offspring. Some plants will hermi easily, and others need a lot more stress. If you have hundreds of seeds and didn't have any serious stressing conditions, then the offspring will probably not be worth growing. It sounds like your whole grow area is already seeded, so cutting now isn't going to do anything except let you start a new grow sooner. It sounds like you don't have a good seed stock to start over with though. I'd inspect all your plants and pull any nanners you see and let them finish. They won't be as good as they would be unpollinated, but they should still be decent.

I do not know what caused them to flip on me. Like I said before the seeds where giving to me from a buddy who had a big grow of Bubba going he found 5 seeds and gave them to me! I grew them out 60 Day Veg no stress light is on a timer in a closed tent that runs from 64-76 degrees. So I think that they where from a plant that hermied and my buddy didn't know. So I grew Hermi seeds and wasn't watching my grow close enough and went to water one day and found banners in my soil. By that time the damage was done. So they Hermied not do to my mistakes but because of its genetics!!! They do look very frosty and I don't want to cut them down it I do have a few autos and about 10 Jack The Ripper seedlings 2 Green Crack babies 4 master Kush 4 Northern lights 4 Pineapple Express and 4 more Bubbas from Crop king! So I do have something to replace them with but thwthe are all babies. So for the next 26 days or so I will let gem finish. Thanks for the info!!! Live-Love-Learn

This is so true. Pulling nanners can get old but it helps in the end. I can never find them all. :geek:I use tweezers.
My hermis are by pheno traits. The asian pheno goes hermie on me every time. My indica pheno goes female, either the China or Pakistani in my cross, no hermi and no nannerz, pure female.

Some say seeded bud has more flavor potential. I have do not have much to compare it to but mine is plenty powerful. And smell great.

Over feeding can induce hermie in sensitive seeds with a hermie tendency. . Over pruning can cause stress. Anything to make the plant think the world is ending and it will start seeding itself
Oh. And. My crappy garden skill I will get hermies. I am no expert in preventing them.:goodluck:

Fun to watch E come to an end.
I'm gonna be asking you soon for an evaluation of the growing technique you sampled. I'll be very curious to hear your words.

They both came down today.

IMG_52787.JPG

Candy Cane came down last.

IMG_52877.JPG

Emerald's already on the bow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_528811.JPG

I promise to file a detailed evaluation of the hempy grow. Once again this plant is going to excell in comparison. She's carrying dense, heavy buds encrusted in trichomes.

IMG_5276.PNG

I'm thinking she did better than 2 ounces. Won't know until I jar her up. With the mite concern I didn't want to waste any time weighing before the wash. More pictures of the harvest will follow.

Harvest: Emerald (Carnival 2.1) - Day 157, 61 days from Flip

This harvest required a little more advance planning to contain the mites. This morning there was a limited amount of mite activity on Candy Cane and that did it for me. Time to get these critters out of my life. Both plants were at about 15% amber. Can you believe I actually let not one, but two plants go beyond cloudy? :laughtwo: Will wonders never cease? Lol!

IMG_52645.JPG

I wasn't planning on taking her down until the middle of next week. She just got fed yesterday and hadn't been flushed at all. I guess I find out what difference not flushing really makes in SweetSue's garden. It was more important to me to get the mites out.

The wash buckets got filled. The white food grade bucket is the first step and contains a cup of baking soda and a cup of lemon juice to the five gallons of hot water. You can do this with tepid water, but I have mites to wash off.

The second bucket is cold, the third tepid. In truth, by the time you're done with trimming and begin washing the hot is warm, but I like to start with the hottest I can get from the faucet. Each branch gets 15-30 seconds in each bucket, gently swirled so as to limit contact with the bucket. We protect the trichomes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_52656.JPG

My goal was no mites exposed to the living space. This was accomplished by carefully cutting the branches and placing them into a tote deep enough to keep everything contained.

IMG_52669.JPG

IMG_52678.JPG

I filled a spray bottle with a 50/50 strength of rubbing alcohol and sprayed the hell out of the branches before beginning the trim. They sat in the tote destroying mites and eggs as they awaited their turn with the Fiskars.

IMG_52687.JPG

One by one the branches were trimmed over the sink. All of this is trash. :straightface: I like the idea of future harvests that leave me with usable trim. The mites took most of the life out of these sad leaves.

IMG_52705.JPG

The branches were surprisingly heavy. Hash Hound looked it over when he was here and agrees she gave me around two ounces.

IMG_52716.JPG

IMG_52736.JPG

IMG_52748.JPG

Frosty like you wouldn't believe. :blunt: The next hempy gets Terpinator from beginning to end. Let's see what that does. I still have to decide what to grow next in the hempy. :hmmmm:

IMG_52761.PNG

IMG_52755.JPG

IMG_52794.JPG

IMG_52808.JPG

A beautiful mass of healthy roots. I think I'm doing pretty well with this technique. The pot got scrubbed and sanitized, and I'm ready to start the seed for the next one. :woohoo:

IMG_52818.JPG

IMG_52867.JPG

Harvest: Candy Cane :Day 117 (Flip+ 61)

I doused her with rubbing alcohol spray before I even started cutting her down. They were active on her this morning, and that bought them an extra bottle of the alcohol. If there was any part of the plant missed it wasn't for lack of trying. :straightface:

She was relatively easy to trim and wash up. Again, heavier than I'd anticipated. Hash Hound and I estimate almost three ounces from her.

IMG_52777.JPG

IMG_52788.JPG

IMG_52828.JPG

IMG_52838.JPG

My last pot of LOS didn't do too shabby a job of trichome production either. Her smell fills the apartment, but it doesn't smell like cannabis. More along the lines of some mysterious tropical fruit with an edge. I still think "apple" when I come near her, but as she matured it took on another tone that I can't quite place.

IMG_52846.JPG

So here's my thinking on these two. I assume there are no living mites on anything I have hanging, but I can't say the same with absolute assurance about the eggs. The drive to live is a strong force, and I'm not willing to risk the chance, slim though it may be, that one of those could have survived the toxic mist followed by the relentless wash.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up a small stainless bowl that I can sit into an oil bath and do the fresh harvest process PsyCro developed. I'll use coconut oil instead of olive. I intend to make brownies with these oils and coconut is the preferred choice for that.

The daughter and I were discussing the possibility of working up a diluted mix for capsules using the Candy Cane and giving it a try for her. We're running short of her CBD meds and the CBD Critical Cure won't be ready for another month, at least. We think she may be able to tolerate a diluted THC load. She knows she's ready to try. She's been playing with vaping lately and discovered that she can get a mild buzz going and she enjoys it.

Two plants down today, two oil runs tomorrow. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

And......... Hash Hound came over and we put my lights together. :battingeyelashes: :love:

IMG_52928.JPG

More on that later. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Are we having a joyful day? Oh good, I was hoping you'd agree. As you were. :battingeyelashes: :love:

A warm thank you to one of my favorite mods Teddy Edwards, for working so diligently to restore my journal to current status and the banner with my awards. I know how busy he is, making the speed of his handiwork all the more heartwarming.

Thank you, dear friend. :hug: :love:

I feel whole again. Lol! I know that's silly, but it seems to have made a difference to me. :battingeyelashes:

LIGHTS!!! NEW LIGHTS!!!

Gosh.....all this excitement in one day. :laughtwo:

Thank goodness Hash Hound is a neighbor. :phew: He came at this with a plan, which started with a call to Timber Lights to discuss tool needs. Dan's response to the question was "an Allen wrench." So of course he lugged his tools up anyway, because could it really be that easy? :laughtwo:

Turns out it was. :cheesygrinsmiley:

First off, thank you keltic, for the idea of marking each light before we started. :battingeyelashes: :love:

IMG_52969.JPG

Everything's color coded, and the wires snap into place with ease. There were a couple that initially concerned Hash Hound, but he worked it all out.

IMG_5298.PNG

They wire in series

IMG_52896.JPG

Power wires click together like a dream.

IMG_52907.JPG

The dimmer switch.

IMG_529110.JPG

We jury-rigged some hangers for the tiny closet units - the 3500 K spectrum Dan believes will give my autos their best chance. These are temporary. I'm already planning a modification tomorrow morning. We used clothes line to fabricate hangers that are flexible enough to easily level the lights out. This way I can hang one over each plant at different heights, if I so desired.

IMG_52937.JPG

The heat sinks are cool to the touch at full blast. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The plants are thrilled with the light. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_52945.JPG

Hash Hound went home with the Timber Vero 240, which was always overkill for the tiny closet, and dreams of fabricating a frame for one of the tents. If that works as well as we think it will he'll make another for the second tent. Those spaces will likely only hold one plant at a time, so there's no real reason to keep them individual, although the he's thinking about making them in two pieces, each holding two lights, just to keep a little flexibility.

Until then I'll use theses hangers I made after he went home.

IMG_52978.JPG

We tried with and without the reflectors and decided it was more speffective for my purposes with.

The tent got a thorough spraying with rubbing alcohol. Tomorrow I'll scrub it out with Dr. Bronner's and let it dry overnight before moving CBD Critical Cure 2.1 into flowering. She's chomping at the bit, but she's also leveling out the canopy while she waits.

IMG_52955.JPG

I couldn't be happier with the way things have progressed with the lights. Dan's generosity is stunning. :battingeyelashes: :love:

As soon as I get everything working well I'll be contacting those of you that'll be getting the "old" panels. Tomorrow we get to see what 200 watts of these lovelies can do inside a 2'x2' tent. :slide:

The unplanned snips.......

On the left, Candy Cane, on the right, Emerald.

IMG_531812.JPG

Emerald, a Carnival grown in the hempy pot with General Hydroponics Advanced Nutrient System, with Terpinator added during the last month.

IMG_53199.JPG

IMG_5322.PNG

Candy Cane, grown in LOS, water only.

IMG_532011.JPG

IMG_5321.PNG

Looks to me like I got equivalent oil yields from both systems.

Back
Top Bottom