TbayChronic - Aerogarden + 250 Watt CFL - Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic - 1st Grow

yo man not doggin you but even when you top and fim your plants and lst them your roots are still growing, its hard to tell from the pictures but that aerogarden looks really small its for a small herb garden or starting seedlings, but you should really look into building yourself a cheap aeroponic machine or shallow water culture bucket to grow in. Wat every you end up doing i wish you the best of luck!

I think it's a 1 gallon reservoir or something. It's used for growin 2' tomato n pepper plants too. Well see how it works for this grow.

My humidity doesn't seem to be changing even with a juice jug of water n soaked paper towl sitting in there. It's Still staying round 20

The humidifier would work better but I know you were on a budget but with the water it has to be like under the light to evaporate and yes if you run the fan less it will help a little but idk how much and I wouldn't use the water to refill the aerogarden you would be better with more of the paper towels put them around your plants so the light hits them so they evaporate and where is your humidistat/thermometer placed in the box? Its best to put it the same level as plants try between your plants

You can see the thermostat in the last picture I posted it's sitting on the left side of the aerogarden. I turned the fan off for a bit n the temp rised to 85 n the humidity dropped, so that's not a good idea. I'll try more wet paper towel.
I don't have the $ or room in my box for a humidifier right now... I might still have one from when my brothers asthma was really bad tho. I'll check around my house for it. I haven't seen it in years tho so it's probably gone.

Alright i actually found my humidifier and within 2 minutes got it back in the 45-55% range... i guess ill just keep it in my box and run it for 2 secs when ever i need to up the % even tho its now a very tight squeez in there.

Pictureddddd_001.jpg

Edit: within the couple mins it took to write this post the humidity went back down to 26%. Ill try n keep it runnin n see if it stays below 60% in the high 50s. If not I dunno what to do.

(screw up post)

Ya Im gonna pick one of those up. For right now I'm gonna have to manually turn it off n on every 15 mins

It drops from 60% to 20% in literally 5 mins max heh...

I would take my CFLs back n get a 250 watt hps but this grow box is too small. Next indoor grow I do I'll upgrade to it or a 600 watt hps. My next grows gonna be outdoor tho, so the aerogarden will work good for clones n the CFLs for new seedlings n beginning veg before I put em outside

This humidity thing really is ridiculous tho... Even with a timer it's gonna have to turn on for 4 mins turn off for 4 mins over n over to keep it in the high 50s low 60s... From 4pm to 10pm (18/6's dark period) I won't be able to run it or the fan aswell. Saturday n Sunday I won't really be able to run either besides 11pm-9am

I can keep it round 50 running non stop if I keep a dresser drawer cracked open. That'll work till I get a timer since light doesnt matter much till my plants break surface (but either does humidity prob lol)

I checked on my seeds also to make sure the tap roots were growin right in the sponge. There about a 1/2" maybe a little more now... One of them was growing perfectly downward the other was growin side ways. I repositioned it n the very tip maybe 1/16" broke off while doin it. I hope I didn't hurt my girl. Should my seeds be inside the sponge because the tap root has pushed em up from level with breaking surface of the sponge to sitting ontop of the sponge. It seemed the herb seeds I got with the aerogarden came resting ontop of the sponge so I think they should be fine.

So iv been up all night...

Every 20 minutes I gotta fix the heat n humidity

I run the humidifier when it drops to 40%, with the top drawer open for 20 mins n It stays about 70-73 degrees n the humidity slowly rises. Once it passes 60% (usually 20 mins) I turn it off n close the box up. The temp slowly rises to 75-77 without the humidifier on n the humidity drops to 40% (again in about 20 mins) So I do this over n over every 20 mins. My bedrooms heater is turned off n when the humidifier is off the heats still tryin to reach 80 with only the aerogarden lights so far... So when I add all the others I might have a heat issue... I think I'm only addin 5 26 watt CFLs tho. But i got 5 6500k for veg n 5 2700k for flower or vice versa if I got the 2 mixed up.

So iv been up all night...

Every 20 minutes I gotta fix the heat n humidity

I run the humidifier when it drops to 40%, with the top drawer open for 20 mins n It stays about 70-73 degrees n the humidity slowly rises. Once it passes 60% (usually 20 mins) I turn it off n close the box up. The temp slowly rises to 75-77 without the humidifier on n the humidity drops to 40% (again in about 20 mins sometimes a lot less) So I do this over n over every 20 mins. My bedrooms heater is turned off n when the humidifier is off the heats still tryin to reach 80 with only the aerogarden lights so far... So when I add all the others I might have a heat issue... I think I'm only addin 5 26 watt CFLs tho. But i got 5 6500k for veg n 5 2700k for flower or vice versa if I got the 2 mixed up.

I really need a timer that can turn the humidifier on for 1 minute every 5 minutes or something around there. Hopefully I can get to the hardware store today

Do you think it's better to have my fan blowing towards the vent from the other side or suckin air in infront of the vent?

Hey Godspeed
Thanks for the input

I have my fan suckin in air, I was just thinkin maybe blowin hot air off the lights straight out the vent might work better but that would blow my humidity out to.

I seem to have leveled it out at 56% humidity n 70-73 F by putting another fan in my door way blowin into my room with the humidifier running non stop. But that's still with a little crack in the dresser I'm gonna have to get rid of once they sprout high enough to break the surface

Should be good now I just hope my plants don't get to stressed during the 6-7 hours on weekday nights I can't run em and all day on weekends...

Once there into flower I shouldn't even need the humidifier tho right? (cause it's old n noisy as fuck)

It's frickin cold in my room now tho... I got the shivers with a sweatshirt on

Lol im a dumbass... I had my tap root facing down instead of up... It should break surface soon now I hope

Got the temp stabilized at 70.5 n the humidity at 56%

Once my girls break surface ima give em 1/3 a small pack of aerogarden nutrients

That is the taproot...you should have put the seeds inside the sponge and the taproot will grow down and after a while the top of the plant will grow out the top of the sponge...what do you mean its curling to come out the side? Can you take pics?

uploading some pics right now

When i first placed them in the sponge when the taproot was 1/4" from germinating i put the tap root facing down instead of up thinkin the root just grows straight down. Now i flipped em (which was hard cause i didnt wanna bend the root, so i got one seed way the fuck down in the sponge and the other was already curled so i put the seed pointing up with the root curling back down) so the tap root is facing up and the seed is 1/4''-1/2'' down in the sponge... hopefully the root curls and grows down and the stem grows up... i probably stressed the shit out my girls and ripped some microscopic roots :( hope i dont gotta start over

heres what they look like now that i flipped em

Heres the first one

Pictureddddd_010.jpg

Pictureddddd_011.jpg

Pictureddddd_0121.jpg

Pictureddddd_0141.jpg

heres the the second

Pictureddddd_016.jpg

Pictureddddd_017.jpg

Pictureddddd_018.jpg

lemmie know what ya think thanks

pretty sure i fucked em right up :(

You have them upside down now do any of them have the little round green leaves or they all have seeds still it looked like one had leaves? The root grows out the seed that white vine you were talking about is the root it should be under the seed because the seed will be the top of the plant once the seed shell comes off you had them right the first time...if your step bro is not a grower I wouldn't listen to him (obviously he is not from the advice he gave you) and I personally get a few opinions about something before I do it if I'm unsure to prevent things like this...moving them like this is really stressful but you have to put them back right

My step bros done lots of outdoor grows.... and this backs up what he said

https://www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.info/images/marijuana-seeds-positioning-in-soil.gif

i placed mine like the bottom half, the non proper way... i tried to switch em to the top picture but i guess because they already grew so long i shoulda just kept em the way they were.... guess ill go change em back...

so let me make sure i got this right i should just put the seed 1/4'' from the top of sponge and point the root down?

Back
Top Bottom