TbayChronic - Aerogarden + 250 Watt CFL - Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic - 1st Grow

Did you see his so called "grows"? Did he finish them? Because you can't grow with the seed upside down....just my .02 cents but yes point the root down

And as far as that linked image in all my grows I've never had it happen and I always started mine like the one that it says not to but also you can't link to other sites here unless its a sponsor

Ya i dunno... i always herd you put the pointed end of the seed down too till my step bro said that and i found that diagram when i googled "marijuana tap roots" *shrugs*.....

heres what they look like now.....

Number 1 (tap roots in a U-shape so its hard to put it back in the sponge correctly

Picturedsdddddd_001.jpg

Picturedsdddddd_002.jpg

Picturedsdddddd_003.jpg

Number 2

Picturedsdddddd_004.jpg

Picturedsdddddd_005.jpg

Picturedsdddddd_006.jpg

man i cant believe he made me stress my ladies :(

thanks for the help tho high flyin

There ya go brother right as rain...they bounce back bro...i know as a new grower you feel like you have to always be doing something for them but you really can kill them with kindness and you don't wanna mess it up because they're your babies lol and you want everything perfect but they will forgive you bro but too much stress in early stages can cause more males

Ya im tryin to keep my hands off em mostly... only thing i baby is the temp/humidity... i like it to be a perfect 71-73 F n 55-58%

thank god i figured out how to stabilize it because manually turnin it on and off every 10-20 mins was drivin me crazy lol specially havin to pull an all nighter... funny thing is it didnt even probably matter at that point in growth but i was determined to figure out how to stabilize it and i did :thumb: (atleast till i have to keep my drawer closed shut heh)

I put 2 lights i had around my house into my grow box for now till i get mine and it crowded it way to much and i still have more lights n a fish pump to go in there... smh.... not to mention i didnt like the humidifier bein right beside the electric chord so i took it out.... im gonna try just using the humidifier on the whole room outside the box. hopefully i can still keep my temps and humidity where i want em... Most of the tinfoils been gettin ripped off the walls slowly and its only been 2 days so im gonna go ahead and paint it white like i should of in he first place... tbh im pretty anoyed with the whole thing right now and its only day 2 lol... i really wish i had my own place so i wasnt workin all stealth in a frickin lil dresser... its drivin me nuts

anyways heres what it looks like now....

YOOOOO_010.jpg

YOOOOO_009.jpg

There's not really any reason to have those 2 extra lights in there right now but it's good you put them in there because now you have time to rework your box so it will work by the time your plants are going

Man i lost my cool with the box and scrapped it... it would only work with the humidifier in there (might not of even worked all together once I added more heat from bulbs) and with the humidifier in there i had no room for anything. It was a ticking time bomb to get spilt all over the electrical stuff too... and unless i could get a timer that put the humidifier on for 1 min every 2-3 mins i wouldnt of been able to close up my box...

Heres what im workin with now....

YOOOOO.jpg

YOOOOO_011.jpg

YOOOOO_012.jpg

Lots of room all around the aerogarden to surround it with lights

I just finished puttin everything in there so everything hasnt been running that long but it seems to be stayin at 73F and 52-55% with the humidifier runnin non stop.... it doesnt need a second fan blowin air into my room or a drawer open either.....

Im just gonna have to figure out how to get rid of this shitload of light leak
YOOOOO_013.jpg

For now im happy with it.... a lot happier then my box thats for sure.... 100x easier to work in too... no more fuckin drawers and tight spaces

I might germ new seeds too i dunno.... Do You think iv caused to much stress to early on them? I dont wanna veg for a month to end up with males or hermies.... i check em and the seed is basically popped off both and you can see the top 2 leaves startin but its still way down at the sponge level...

I dunno... maybe ill stick it out... what doesnt kill em might make em stronger..... i hope lol

Idk brother some strains don't take much stress and some can take a straight beating...i have no experience with blue mystic you could pop some more...you have regular beans or feminized? If you pop some more that means you have better chances atleast getting a female and you can pick the strongest to clone from if you want

Ya I bought feminized... I'm not gonna pop more cause if they are females I wont have room for 4 plants. I'm just gonna wait n see what happens with these. If one turns male n ones a female that could be a good thing. I got room to grow 1 decent size plant now.

Would that weather stripping you were talkin bout work for my closet? I'm kinda stumped how to get rid of the light leaks because the doors accordian style.

Idk brother probably if you find it thick enough those looked like pretty big leaks but maybe it was just the pics you would have to measure the gaps

Ya it looks bigger then it is, it's only about 1/4"

Im not even gonna bother light proofing the closet...

I made a box out of the bottoms of the drawers i bashed out with a cardboard top and im gonna paint it white.

i can put books under then box to raise it as my plants get to tall for it

Without flash
new_box_0011.jpg

With Flash
new_box_0021.jpg

Non of its nailed n taped together for light leaks till after i paint it tomorrow

new_box_006.jpg

new_box_005.jpg

My girls just broke the aerogardens surface this mourning :thumb: The seed shells were hangin on by one leaf still so i knocked em off...

They dont seem to look super healthy tho...

1st one
Sprouties_001.jpg

Sprouties_002.jpg

2nd one (still a lil bit of the seed on the leaf)
Sprouties_003.jpg

Sprouties_004.jpg

Sprouties_005.jpg

i was pushing there stem back n forth gently to improve its strength and the second plant just fell over.... i opened the sponge up and i couldnt see any root in there so it didnt snap... it was still just the long straight tap root with no branch off roots yet, it sorta just slipped out the slit in the sponge... i guess i probably broke some microscopic roots tho... Man im bein ruff on my girls i hope they forgive me lol

Lemmie kno if my girls look unhealthy and if you can tell why... the leaves seem pretty curled i dunno if thats too much humidity or if its cause they just broke the seed not too long ago or maybe something else.... The brown on the tip of the second ones leaf is part of the shell)

heres some better pics of each leaf...

1st one
Sprouties_0021.jpg

Sprouties_0031.jpg

Sprouties_0041.jpg

2nd one
Sprouties_0051.jpg

Sprouties_006.jpg

Sprouties.jpg

They look good to me they just look like that because they just came out that's normal give it a few days and they'll be looking stronger and point a fan right above them and it will help strengthen the stem just to where they move a little from the wind

That's Good to hear

I'm goin to grab the rest of my light fixtures, pump n air stone, n white paint today...

Do you think I should get a ph test kit? (where's the best place to get em?/about how much are they). I'm don't think I'll have a big ph problem but I'm no expert on the subject n I herd aerogardens can spike in ph specially if u don't change the water every week. I live in the country tho, so I got nice well water that I'm letting sit for 2-3 days at room temp. I'm changing the water in the reservoir every week Aswell and usin aerogarden nutes a bit less then there instructions. Maybe I'll just wait to see if I have a problem before I spend money I don't really have on one

I was also thinking would boiling snow then letting it sit for 2 days make better water for my girls?

Why are you letting the water sit for 2 or 3 days? People let it sit for 24 hrs if its city water to evaporate chlorine you have well water it doesn't have chlorine brother I got well water too...yea you'll definitely need a ph kit and ph up and down because in hydro it needs to be about 5.5 to 6.0 well water varies in ph mine comes out at 7.1 but I've seen some peoples come out at 8.0 plus and you might want a ppm or ec meter to measure your water to see if its full of stuff like iron and etc. Sometimes it will be too much in well water and it makes it "hard" water but if you can drink it and it doesn't taste funny you should be good most of the minerals get filtered out before it comes into your house through your water filter but the ppm/ec meter isn't a must as far as ph kits its going to be hard to find one that goes down to 5.5 I found one at PETsMART I think it was but I didn't like the kits I bought a digital ph meter I got the bluelab truncheon for $92 plus tax

Damn that's expensive... I was planning on goin to petsmart for my pump so I'll check out what they got but I don't got more then $30-40 to spend on one

Yea the digital meters are kind of expensive...You can just get the kit though if you find the one that goes down to 5.5 try pet shops or something or maybe order a ph kit offline or something...

Back
Top Bottom