Evening vet.
I had a lux meter delivered today, I purchased it after watching Shane at migro last video. He tests a load of lux meters (phone apps in the video before) and compares them with his apogee* meter to test their accuracy.
Then offers the conversion rate from lux to par. A really interesting view of you get a moment.
Migro channel on YouTube.
Yes I believe I've seen that one. One of the sponsors here, can't remember which one, made a post testing a certain PPFD mobile app against their apogee meter and said it was actually fairly accurate. Need to test the light with that soon.

Yeah, i think shane was going on about that or similar app from Apple, think he said the Android ones were a bit naff (sure he used more tech terms).
Interesting though, he had to put a piece of filter paper on the phone camera lens to make the app work correctly and match the apogee, a step alot of people (myself included) didn't know whether is needed or not with their own phone app.

Yeah, i think shane was going on about that or similar app from Apple, think he said the Android ones were a bit naff (sure he used more tech terms).
Interesting though, he had to put a piece of filter paper on the phone camera lens to make the app work correctly and match the apogee, a step alot of people (myself included) didn't know whether is needed or not with their own phone app.
This one is an android app called PPFD meter. Pink and blue circle as the symbol. I'll try and find the post.

Why not

IMG_20210331_173136509_HDR.jpg

Yes I believe I've seen that one. One of the sponsors here, can't remember which one, made a post testing a certain PPFD mobile app against their apogee meter and said it was actually fairly accurate. Need to test the light with that soon.
I've been using that app and it seems pretty reliable. I've read comments of people testing it side by side with a real light meter and it being accurate. Of course this also depends on the type of camera/light sensor you have. That app actually will show you the exact name of your sensor which is useful.

Plants and setup is looking great. Loving those mothers. Have you named them?

I've been using that app and it seems pretty reliable. I've read comments of people testing it side by side with a real light meter and it being accurate. Of course this also depends on the type of camera/light sensor you have. That app actually will show you the exact name of your sensor which is useful.

Plants and setup is looking great. Loving those mothers. Have you named them?
Hopefully get time tonight to try it and compare it to the manufacturers figures. No I haven't named those. Thinking it would be fun to grow one out eventually. Will make a massive bush I'm sure.

Day 8

Decided to go with some organic amendments I'd bought previously and started the girl scout cookies on. I'm a big fan of not mixing nutrients now and they won't keep forever so may as well use them here.

So I've prepped the other two 8 litre pots. The bottom half I've mixed in the amendments and watered in with microbial tea. My hope is that it will get the recommended minimum week to cook before any roots hit it. The microbial tea should get this going too. Then the top half is plain biobizz light mix with a light dose of ecothrive charge (insect frass) mixed in and watered with the tea. I've no idea if this will work but my fingers are crossed. Going forward they will just be top dressed with the living soils bloom amendments and a little grow if needed. Haven't transplanted yet, the cups are just sat in there.
IMG_20210512_205739_DRO.jpg

Day 8

Decided to go with some organic amendments I'd bought previously and started the girl scout cookies on. I'm a big fan of not mixing nutrients now and they won't keep forever so may as well use them here.

So I've prepped the other two 8 litre pots. The bottom half I've mixed in the amendments and watered in with microbial tea. My hope is that it will get the recommended minimum week to cook before any roots hit it. The microbial tea should get this going too. Then the top half is plain biobizz light mix with a light dose of ecothrive charge (insect frass) mixed in and watered with the tea. I've no idea if this will work but my fingers are crossed. Going forward they will just be top dressed with the living soils bloom amendments and a little grow if needed. Haven't transplanted yet, the cups are just sat in there.
IMG_20210512_205739_DRO.jpg
What specific organic amendments did you use, Vet?

What specific organic amendments did you use, Vet?
Ah yes, sorry. It's a company in the UK called Living Soils. They have a grow, bloom and bloom 2 mix. Grow for veg, bloom for the stretching period and and then bloom 2 during full flowering. As per their recommendation for autos I mixed in a small quantity of grow and bloom to start with.

They now do specific blends for autos too so just ordered some bloom for autos and malted barley.

Ah yes, sorry. It's a company in the UK called Living Soils. They have a grow, bloom and bloom 2 mix. Grow for veg, bloom for the stretching period and and then bloom 2 during full flowering. As per their recommendation for autos I mixed in a small quantity of grow and bloom to start with.

They now do specific blends for autos too so just ordered some bloom for autos and malted barley.
I think they are over due for up potting based on the total leaf diameter, just saying!

I think they are over due for up potting based on the total leaf diameter, just saying!
No worries. I put them in clear cups inside a taped up cup so I can look at the root development and transplant based on that. They could be done now or in a few days. Either or really.

Back
Top Bottom