The Banana Gang

Good morning guys n gals I trust this morning finds you all well and rooting n tooting.....
I woke up at bout 3am this morning cause there was an almighty racket going on inside my living room so I jumped up to go have a look and found my kitten that rocked up out of the blue and adopted me...

I called him OG2 cause my brother has OG1.......haha
image.jpeg

Cute little fella.....haha

image.jpeg
Now that fella isn't so cute anymore cause I just found out where the racket/party emanated from.
Sadly I'm not going to go searching for all the seeds in amongst all that carnage so until I have a secure indoor set up where I can do this safely my banana experiment is off the cards until further notice...

Sorry everyone I was looking forward to giving it all I have but cats and canna don't go hand in hand in the same house......

Good afternoon guys and gals, so as of now it's still only the 2 contenders, the other 3 aren't even representing yet actually 1 has just upped and left outta the cup I think...haha

So here they are again ....
image.jpeg
mr.Sauga
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Sauga

gentlemen I hope the colors tickle ya ok, mr.Keltic,mr.Budkins, mr.Scorpio don't you worry I got plenty of ticklers available if you scared of my colors so far...haha. guys n gals I got ticklers for Africa....haha
Looool love a tickler. Just getting caught up bruva be with ya in a tick ;)

Hello everybody well it's been such a pleasant week weather wise and today it's wet, cold and pure evil out there so what does a fella do...hahaha

@Chris Scorpio remember that chat we had bout using a breathable fabric, I think I got it spot on. I used old lace curtain material..
image.jpg

50 random bag seed.
image.jpg

1 banana skin wrapped in paper towell and seeds next to it.
image.jpg

Banana skin all wrapped up and seed parcel tied off with pipe cleaner..
image.jpg

Everything inside a ziploc bag, store in a cool dark place and burp bag 1-2 times a day for 14 days and change the paper towel and banana skins for fresh ones every 3rd day and plant directly into medium on day 14..
I'm thinking the best way forward is solo cups guys n gals, any thoughts on that...???
Space wise I'll be ok as they be going outdoors in the veg garden....

I hope you all have a smashing weekend guys and this time it's going to be a genuine 100% effort on my part because I hope using 50 seeds is going to give us a decent % to work with.....

31st of this month is planting day..
Thanks for the breakdown fam. I want males to begin with when i first do regs but ill definitely give this a tickle when i get tired of nut sacks lol

Top of the morning ladies and gents.....

So since I suck at maths I want to ask what are the chances of having 2 Bagseed both turn out fem....??? I think the odds are probably something stupid......haha

But I will grab some pics later cause both of my original experiment seeds with only 2 seeds both are showing female.......100%

So does this experiment work or was I just lucky and we chalk it down to a fluke....haha

I do think it’s possible to get feminized bag seed. Not 100% sure. But I had a bag of some dirt weed with a bunch of seeds in it. I’ve grown out 8 of them and they have all been female. Either that or I was extremely lucky. Lol. But of regs I would say 50/50 right?

I do think it’s possible to get feminized bag seed. Not 100% sure. But I had a bag of some dirt weed with a bunch of seeds in it. I’ve grown out 8 of them and they have all been female. Either that or I was extremely lucky. Lol. But of regs I would say 50/50 right?

Top of the morning mr.Magoo I would agree on 50/50 as its fair all round. But alas it was not be.....haha

So literally over 2 days the one fem ( I thought was fem ) just exploded with nanners it was totally fem I thought and boom there they were 2 days later...... Needless to say the offending member was removed....lol. So it is 50/50 chance what you get if I go according to this.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Howdy howdy on this unofficial 2nd day of spring everyone......:green_heart:

It's normally the 21st of this month here at home for me but our weather certainly doesn't reflect that feels like middle of summer with temps heading to the 30's already.....haha

So an update on the original experiment they are both doing well, had to move them to their new home yesterday where my veg garden is going to be as they will have unparalleled views of the sun all day.......haha
image.jpeg

There's still no sign of sex yet but I'm sure within the week or so all shall be revealed....haha

Then on Friday was day 14 for the 2nd experiment of 50 seeds to be planted but I held off on that till they had a 24hr soak so into soil they went this am....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So there they are at last guys n gals all 50 random bag seed, now it's a chase to see who pops first I believe.....

Have a wonderful weekend folks.....

Very late to your party, but nice set up Mr Smeegs.

Did you
Good morning/afternoon/evening guys n gals.. So I'm sure that 90% of you know who @SweetSue is and all she does in her quest to educate. Awhile back I was on DR.Ziggys low n slow method of curing and came across a post of ms.Sue where she used banana skins due to the ethylene it produces to convert regular seeds to female seeds...??

I don't know about any of you guys but I enjoy broadening my horizons especially when it comes to something new and even better if said experiment works.. I hope that there will be a few inquisitive minds that would like to try this with me as its going to be a study of interesting developments I hope..

@SweetSue had this to say about in reply to my question...?

Smeegol said:
I know, I know, lagging on pg 11 ms.Sue, would you care to explain this a bit more please....:thanks:
@Smeegol, forgive me for being so late to this. :hug:

Ripening fruit produces ethylene gas, which can be used to treat regular seeds to assure they express as females. Banana skins are excellent sources of this valuable gas.

It takes two weeks to make this work, so plan accordingly.

Wrapping the banana skin in a paper towel or parchment paper will keep down the chance of mold developing.

Making your seeds female

* wrap the banana peel
* place wrapped peel and seeds you're treating in a plastic bag
* date the bag
* place in a cool, dark place where it won't be disturbed
* open daily to air the seeds off, to keep seeds from molding
* change out the banana peel every 3 days
* remove and plant on day 14

It has a high rate of success. Both times I've used it the seeds were obviously males, and both expressed female.

There you have it guys, ms.Sue has done all the hard work for us, is this worthy of its own unique thread guys n gals.
All that is required is banana peels and reg bag seed and hopefully some space that you can use for this experiment and hopefully share with the rest of us...

@SweetSue so in regards to bananas, which would be more suitable for using...? green/ semi green or ripening bananas ..??

@Preston9mm, @Bilbobudkin420, @MrSauga, @TheFrizz, @Kingjoe83,@newty ( how's the weekend sunshine ) there are lots of you fine folk I can mention but I'd be here all day if I tagged all of you, and some folk I know might not be able to accomadate a experiment like this but please everyone feel free to chime in whenever you want...:hug:
Did you try this with sucses yet boet?

Did you

Did you try this with sucses yet boet?

Evening mr.GroB, depends on what you call success as the 1st experiment I started with 5 bagseed, only 2 seedlings came thereof. 1 male and 1 fem I got out of this experiment so it's a 50/50 on the fem or the experiment does work....??

I did round 2 with 50 odd seeds but my kitten ended that cpl days into experiment by using it as his individual toilet....haha

But I'm going to do it again as there is def merit to this experiment minus the cat of course..

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thankyou kindly this journal is concluded and done.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviewsforum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Back
Top Bottom