The Banana Gang

Good afternoon guys and gals, so as of now it's still only the 2 contenders, the other 3 aren't even representing yet actually 1 has just upped and left outta the cup I think...haha

So here they are again ....
image.jpeg
mr.Sauga
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Sauga

gentlemen I hope the colors tickle ya ok, mr.Keltic,mr.Budkins, mr.Scorpio don't you worry I got plenty of ticklers available if you scared of my colors so far...haha. guys n gals I got ticklers for Africa....haha

Good afternoon guys and gals, so as of now it's still only the 2 contenders, the other 3 aren't even representing yet actually 1 has just upped and left outta the cup I think...haha

image.jpeg
mr.Sauga
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Sauga

gentlemen I hope the colors tickle ya ok, mr.Keltic,mr.Budkins, mr.Scorpio don't you worry I got plenty of ticklers available if you scared of my colors so far...haha. guys n gals I got ticklers for Africa....haha
:laugh::rofl: haha, looking great Mr Smeegs, I love your art!

image.jpeg
mr.Sauga
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Wick
image.jpeg

mr.Sauga

Too funny, I just picked up on your naming conventions...thanks Mr Smeegs..I hope I'm doing well in the styro cup :rofl:

Good evening everyone I trust this evening finds you all well... The only 2 banana kids that popped are doing well so far...
I haven't forgotten bout this amazing experiment it's with 2 kids but I'm going to be doing some more tomorrow with a larger amount of seeds so we can have a truly fair chance at this experiment....

image.jpeg
mr.S
image.jpeg

mr.W.

Have a wicked Wednesday folks....

Hello everybody well it's been such a pleasant week weather wise and today it's wet, cold and pure evil out there so what does a fella do...hahaha

@Chris Scorpio remember that chat we had bout using a breathable fabric, I think I got it spot on. I used old lace curtain material..
image.jpg

50 random bag seed.
image.jpg

1 banana skin wrapped in paper towell and seeds next to it.
image.jpg

Banana skin all wrapped up and seed parcel tied off with pipe cleaner..
image.jpg

Everything inside a ziploc bag, store in a cool dark place and burp bag 1-2 times a day for 14 days and change the paper towel and banana skins for fresh ones every 3rd day and plant directly into medium on day 14..
I'm thinking the best way forward is solo cups guys n gals, any thoughts on that...???
Space wise I'll be ok as they be going outdoors in the veg garden....

I hope you all have a smashing weekend guys and this time it's going to be a genuine 100% effort on my part because I hope using 50 seeds is going to give us a decent % to work with.....

31st of this month is planting day..

Still going to try this next run

Go for it mr.Travis cause there's nothing to lose....haha

Da da da .....Bam, outstanding effort. You are moving toward spring well equipped. Is all the bananas business plants going outside?

Afternoon mr.K yup every last one of them will be going outdoors as next month is spring here so I'll have space to do this experiment and do it properly I hope touch wood....haha

Before I grow again next year I'm gonna do like 6-8 of my strains this way
Not looking for males anytime soon

Love the mesh idea Smeegs, think I'll try cheese cloth when I do it

I have a bazillion seeds, so should be a fun experiment indeed

Before I grow again next year I'm gonna do like 6-8 of my strains this way
Not looking for males anytime soon

Love the mesh idea Smeegs, think I'll try cheese cloth when I do it

I have a bazillion seeds, so should be a fun experiment indeed

Howdy mr.Scorpio exciting times ahead I hope....haha. In your opinion would you soak the seeds maby or rough them up inside a match box prior to planting. I was just wondering if the soak would affect the outcome at all but I don't see why it would...?

Dought it would change anything

If u suspect tuff seeds, scruffing is good
I always do the water then paper towels germ

Dought it would change anything

If u suspect tuff seeds, scruffing is good
I always do the water then paper towels germ

I was also wondering as per SweetSues instructions it's straight into soil but these seeds are tough so I'm thinking scuffing then water and paper towel as it increases germination better I personally think hence this exploration...

cheers kindly for replying have a great afternoon...

Maybe do a sample of them soaked...like 10 or so and see if the results vary. Also, just a thought as I’m reading this and may be completely silly but could scraping them a bit before going in with the banana have any effect? Just a random thought

Looking great Mr Smeegs.
Hi everyone, I hope all is well with all of you.
I figured 'the banana gang' was a good place to check in.
I'm still haying until about the middle of September.
Miss all the great chit chat with ya'll.
I'll post a photo of the girls in my journal before I disappear again.
Been keeping a journal on them in case anything goes wrong.
Well time to get back to work.
Enjoy the summer all.

John

Howdy howdy on this unofficial 2nd day of spring everyone......:green_heart:

It's normally the 21st of this month here at home for me but our weather certainly doesn't reflect that feels like middle of summer with temps heading to the 30's already.....haha

So an update on the original experiment they are both doing well, had to move them to their new home yesterday where my veg garden is going to be as they will have unparalleled views of the sun all day.......haha
image.jpeg

There's still no sign of sex yet but I'm sure within the week or so all shall be revealed....haha

Then on Friday was day 14 for the 2nd experiment of 50 seeds to be planted but I held off on that till they had a 24hr soak so into soil they went this am....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So there they are at last guys n gals all 50 random bag seed, now it's a chase to see who pops first I believe.....

Have a wonderful weekend folks.....

Back
Top Bottom