The Blue Experience - Kharma Reborn

@RETRIX - Had to chase you down there, sorry I wasn't around but I made it. Just had some plants to harvest...I looove photos, so much more forgiving and way easier to learn from. I nuked my first auto grow, swore off autos until I figured out the photo's. Then I just returned to autos and they are much easier to understand now. You made a great decision.

I'm here for support, you got this now.

Thank you Lady G. I need all of the support that I can get LOL!

So when my DP Blueberry broke my heart from yellow leaves and quickly declining health, I pulled it out of the soil and placed it in a trashbag and tied it up to keep it from smelling up the house. I tossed it by the back door to go out into the compost bin and quickly forgot about it. This morning I picked up the bag to take it outside and noticed that the plant felt a little too firm. I opened the bag and you are not going to believe this.....

The plant had turned 90% green again and the roots were growing out of the root ball! Thinking this has to be a sign, I quickly grabbed a 2 gallon bucket that I had laying around, drilled some nice drainage holes and potted the old girl back up with some left over ocean forest. Now she is back in the tent. This is just crazy. check out the pictures.

If anyone would have told me that to save this plant, just rip it out of the pot, seal it up in a plastic trash bag and throw it by the door for a week, I would have laughed. But this isn't funny.

Since I only have one tent, and I am growing a photo, I guess this auto is going to have to finish the last of her flowering on a 12/12 cycle. I guess this is a testament to Dutch Passion quality? I don't even know what to think right now. LOL

Things don't always work the way we expect. Being open minded is sometimes required.

I opened the tent a little while ago fresh off the Dark Period and noticed this

While I was inspecting and marveling at her, suddenly she whipped her head around and stared right at me. Scared the shit out of me.

The damn thing has teeth.

Today is Thursday. I planted this seed last Saturday.

One thing that has remained a constant up until this far throughout every grow. The seeds that take a long time to sprout have always ended up getting too big for my tent. This one is making me nervous.

I guess we will call Saturday the beginning of week one For Dracula.

Dutch Passion's Auto BlueBerry. Well, She is somehow doing her thing again.

This is turning out to be a weird grow. I have a Vampire and a chick that came back from the dead. Strange times indeed.

The Depth Of My Soul​

Where our world falls to pièces
And the moonlight starts to hide
In a million little splinters
In the corners of our mind

Where endless colors
They are swallowed by the sun
In a trail full of echoes
Just before they had begun

And fountains full of flowers
On islands full of tears
Weeping willows and fireworks
Explode then disappear

You believe what you see
All the things that you know
But oh, you don't know
The depth of my soul

Karma's just a key
Unlocking every gate
Eyes are just mirrors
Putting us to our fate

The sound of hello
Like a light to the blind
Sending us on a spiral
Through a world of goodbyes

All the truth that we crave
Its our fruitless parade
In a circus of our shadows
Where we play our charades

You believe what you see
All the things that you know
But oh you don't know
The depth of my soul​

Week One 4/28/2018 (Vegetation)
Dracula has pointed to the light and is spreading her wings. She looks good right now. No water this week. I want her to start searching for water in the soil.

DP Blueberry has moments where it seems to perk up, followed by leaf drooping and looking lethargic. My theory is that this plant doesn't have enough root mass to support the upper foliage. Not sure how much the roots will grow at this point, but it is interesting to watch.

Something going on for sure, what’s your ph running?
My PH runs at 6.5. This plants roots were cooked after I transplanted it awhile back. It probably only has about 25 to 30 percent of the original root ball. It perks up after I water it, then a few days later it starts sagging again.

Bummer but you could increase the watering a bit.
I thought about that, but I was trying to make it hunt for water to try and make it grow its roots back. I had already written this plant off and ordered replacement seeds for it so I'm not too worried about it at this point though. I'm going to just let it do its thing, but my main focus is on Dracula. I have a feeling that thing is going to get huge.

Just take your time with it and don’t be in a hurry.
This new Pro-Mix that I'm using claims to feed continuously for 3 months. I hope that is true. I would like to find a soil mix where I can just water all the way til the end.

Week Two 5/5/2018 (Vegetation)

Last week was an interesting one to say the least. DP Blueberry auto suddenly started turning yellow all over again. This was around Monday going into Tuesday. I was thinking wow this plant is dying all over again. A quick check of the PH shows a steady 6.3 - 6.5. Oh well we can't win them all I thought. But there had to be a reason for her holding out in the plastic bag right? Surely that had to be something right?

I watered both plants before lights out on Wed. I closed the tent, life got in the way and didn't look into it until today to complete the weekly update.

kharma
/kar·ma/ (kahr´mah) The total effect of a your actions,
both mental and physical, on my existence;
my present state, including health,
is determined by your actions from my previous existence,
and your actions determine my destiny for future existence.

She appears to have halted flowering and is instead growing new leaves.

All of these new leaves that have seemingly come out of no where are pretty deep green with no signs of deficiency. It's like an entirely new plant. I have never seen any of my Auto's do this. Ever.
I don't think I will soon forget this grow That's for sure.

And speaking of growing, Last week we saw Dracula sprout from the soil and flash her teeth at us. This week she gets down to business and gets on with it.

She looks good this week. Things should start speeding up now. No deficiencies showing up yet with the Pro-Mix. Big Bud did seem to go slightly yellow earlier in the week but she is looking pretty green and healthy now. Could Pro-Mix Organic be the solution for me? I guess we will see.

Last night I was checking the plants and noticed that Kharma needed more water after only 24 hours. It usually takes 3 to 4 days so I took notice. Upon closer examination, I noticed roots growing out of the drainage holes on the bucket. This is interesting because a little over a week ago this plant didn't have hardly any roots at all. That's why I put it in a 2 gallon bucket. Two things that I have learned about auto-flowers, up to this point at least, were that they stop growing new leaves upon flowering, and that they stop growing new roots upon flowering. This plant is doing both. I just don't know what to make of it. At any rate, I knew that I would not be able to keep this plant in the 2 gallon bucket at this point so I dreaded yet another transplant. It is in a hard plastic bucket this time so maybe I can pull it off. No pictures for this process as I needed to concentrate LOL. I grabbed a 5 gallon fabric pot filled it halfway with amended Pro-Mix. Then I laid Kharma on her side, gently rolled the bucket while pressing the sides until the dirt loosened. I flipped the bucket over while holding the plant stem and the entire 2 gallon root ball and all soil smoothly slid out of the bucket with zero root damage. Thank God! I thought.

The root ball was covered completely in new, white healthy roots and they had even started to circle the bucket. After only 1 week? This is crazy. I carefully set her down in the new pot, quickly filled it in to the top and watered it in deeply in the bathtub. At this point, Kharma, I don't know who you are anymore. You certainly don't act like an Auto, I don't know, I guess I will just have to play this one by ear. But one thing is for sure. Dutch Passion breeds some resilient Cannabis strains.

Back
Top Bottom