Hello everyone,

This is going to be my first grow journal so please be patient with me LOL. I started growing Cannabis 3 years ago. I am not an expert. Far from it actually. I have experimented with almost every grow style, from soil to DWC, to coco. Over the years, I have gained my experience from practically making every single mistake that a person growing cannabis can make to tell you the truth. These days, I simply don't do all of the stuff that did to mess up as a rule and I seem to get by. My first Grow was Auto blueberry from 420 in 3 gallon fabric pots using Miracle grow moisture control soil. That was, to this day, the best cannabis I ever smoked, in spite of the many accounts that I have since read in the years since against the use of said soil medium. The weed was strong, flavorful, but cut my throat like a hacksaw every time I smoked it. But yet it still got the job done. My second grow was in custom made 2 gallon DWC buckets using Advance nutrients Micro Grow Bloom PH Perfect. They were monster plants in spite of me trying to limit their height by using 2 gallon buckets. I actually tripled my yield using that method. But there was something missing with this smoke. The weed didn't seem as strong and lacked a lot of the flavor that I had from my first grow in soil. After that grow, I decided to try COCO in fabric pots using Advanced nutrients again. I didn't like the constant watering with coco. I literally had to mix up nutrient water every single day for 3 months straight. I knew that I would never EVER do COCO again after that. I stopped growing for a while and have recently decided to take everything that I have learned and start my first Grow journal. So here we are!

The strain that I am going to be growing first is Zensation From Ministry of Cannabis. These will be my first attempt at a regular Photo Period strain. I figured that I had better start a grow journal to hopefully elicit all of the help that I can get. I am anxious to get started but I have to finish up a current grow in progress first. I hope that you all will join me for the ride.

And Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I did read your introduction thread.

We are happy you are here, and sure we will learn something from you. it is the way we get smarter.

:thumb:

:popcorn:

And Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I did read your introduction thread.

We are happy you are here, and sure we will learn something from you. it is the way we get smarter.

:thumb:

:popcorn:
Thank you Bonsai, however I think I'm the one who needs to do all of the learning from you guys LOL.

Thank you Bonsai, however I think I'm the one who needs to do all of the learning from you guys LOL.
You may get a bulk of information from the group, but there is something that you have to offer. I find everyone has something to offer in the education area.

You will learn a lot of growing/curing/using from here, but you will give something back. Most situations are give and take. You will inevitably give something back. It's the nature of the situation.

The richness of the forum is the sharing of ideas and information. You will also become part of the ebb and flow of the group.

:Namaste:

Ok so first things first. Lets get some pertinent

information in this Journal.

My grow consists of a 4 foot by 2 foot grow tent purchased from Ebay for 42 bucks. It is 7 feet tall. Inside the tent, I installed a 4 inch exhaust fan and carbon filter.

I haven't had to change the filter on this thing in 3 years. I didn't think it would last this long lol. I purchased a speed control for 19 bucks off Amazon. It runs on the slowest setting and still manages to suck the sides of the tent in.

The light that I am using is a Vipar Spectra 300 that I purchased from Amazon for 79 bucks. It worked great to grow my first Auto Blueberry plants from 420. I felt that I needed to upgrade it though so I consulted with Growmau5. He has his own youtube channel. If you google his name you can subscribe to his channel. Growmau5 does consulting work for commercial growers in the US for COB LED's. I asked him what I could do to upgrade this light for the smallest outlay in capital. He recommended that I purchase two 70 volt Bridgelux GEN 7 Vero 29's at 3500K. About 65 bucks. He advised me that they would be a close match to the 140 Volt driver already included with the light. He told me that this would give me the biggest bang for the buck. Knowing that plenty of the largest commercial growers rely on this man's expertise, I quickly made the purchase. And Also to that, I replaced the cheap chinese driver included with the light with a Meanwell HLG-240H C1750B Driver. It drive those Vero 29's at 1.7 Amps and 248 Watts. I wanted to drive the Vero's kind of hard, but not too hard. The nominal amperage is 2.2 but they can be maxed out at around 3 amps. There is no need for that in my case though because if I put this light any closer than 2.5 to 3 feet away from my plants, they start showing signs of light burn almost immediately. The total cost for this retro fit was around 115 bucks. I refuse to pay the high prices that these lights cost retail and with how easy they are to build, I think anyone with a bit of handy work can easily do this mod themselves. This is my first grow with this upgrade and from what I have seen so far, It is definitely a winner in my book.

These are the plants that I am growing right now:

The one on the left is Blue Amnesia auto from Ministry of Cannabis. It was germed on 3/3/2018. The one on the right is my very first, genuine Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry. It was germed on 3/1/2018 It has just started to flower. They are both being grown in Fox farm Ocean Forest soil with about 3 teaspoons of Azomite rock dust. The water run off PH is between 6.7 and 6.9. I use filtered tap water that PH at 7.0. I guess I have good water? I don't check PPM's only PH.

The pots are 3 Gallon Fabric purchased for a leisurely 15 bucks for 5 from Amazon.

Recently, I started getting some deficiencies on both plants. So I went to the store this morning and purchased some Earthworm castings, and 2 different organic supplements from Dr. Earth. They are loaded with beneficial bacteria and the recommended dose is 1/2 cup per 5 gallons of soil. I added 2 Teaspoons of each and 2 inches of earthworm castings to the top of each pot. I am hoping that this will get rid of the deficiencies.

O thing that I have learned from growing this plant is that it is always fickle and no two grows are ever the same. However, I will say that this particular grow seems to be going better and more stress free than any that I have completed in the past. The Blue Amnesia auto started flowering at 1 and a half weeks old. I couldn't believe it. The plant is really small though only about 15 inches tall. But look at the buds on this thing!

From Ministry of cannabis website, they claim that the Blue Amnesia Auto finishes in about 7 weeks. I think that is about accurate. Fun Fact: My Vipar Spectra never finished any plant in less than 90 days. The fact that this plant is going to finish within the breeders specifications in my tent tells me that The Vero 29 Gen 7 is an outstanding COB.

Also, the camera that I am using is the spectacular Sony A6500. I don't know what I am doing with this camera. LOL Thank you to everyone who joins me on this ride. I think this is going to be a perpetual grow. After thes plants finish, I will be starting my first Photo period grow with 2 Zensations from MOC. Everyone please chime in an offer any advice that you see fit because growing cannabis plants is not easy.

Ok, quick problem

When you made your album, you must have changed the setting to "album owner only".

You can see the pictures but the rest of us can not.

You will need to change that album to "Members Only"

Do this by finding your albums, selecting the one containing the pictures and at the bottom of the screen changing the security viewing options.

Ok, quick problem

When you made your album, you must have changed the setting to "album owner only".

You can see the pictures but the rest of us can not.

You will need to change that album to "Members Only"

Do this by finding your albums, selecting the one containing the pictures and at the bottom of the screen changing the security options.
See? I told you I would be doing all of the learning. LOL

See? I told you I would be doing all of the learning. LOL
This happens a lot......those options will eventually go away. This forum has new software, and they are not finished with it.

If you can not change the setting, you may need to make a new folder.....Sorry, that happens too.

If you can not change the setting, you may need to make a new folder.....Sorry, that happens too.
I can't seem to find the option to share it. this sucks.

I'm sorry about the photos. I can't delete the other album so when I created a new one I have the same photos twice and I can't figure out which album they are in. I'm getting off to a great start here LOL.

You’ll catch on, what I see in a couple of your pics is calcium deficiency.
Yes I suspected that as well. I don't think I like Fox Farm Ocean Forest very much. This soil costs way too much to have these types of deficiencies in my opinion. The Dr. Earth home grown fertilizer has 7.5% calcium so hopefully it will sort everything out.

Back
Top Bottom