Ebb and GRO..I havent used it, but will be getting one(eventually). SOme of the best growwers around use that exact system. Welcome StonerGal. If there anything I can do at all, just let me know or P.M(personal Message) me, Again WELCOME!

I like your photos. I am a new grower and am looking forward to reviewing the journals before I start. I have been to some forums and see many different methods, what would you suggest for a beginner, I am opting for ebb and grow or bubble, seems so much bubble stuff out here. Thanks.[/B:nicethread:]

I don't know how big a system you wanted to start with but the ebb n grow is a pretty big system. Mine works on a similar principle but uses gravity to empty the buckets instead of an active pump. It can be built with parts from Home Depot and it works well.

Check out my grows in my SIG.

Oh, :welcome: to 420 magazine!

I don't know how big a system you wanted to start with but the ebb n grow is a pretty big system. Mine works on a similar principle but uses gravity to empty the buckets instead of an active pump. It can be built with parts from Home Depot and it works well.

Check out my grows in my SIG.

Oh, :welcome: to 420 magazine!

good lookin MUNKI

I agree, butch. If it's hydro you want, and your gonna grow a decent amount, ebb n gro is is a great way to go for a new grower. everything is setup already. . . the height of the flood, all the sensors, and everything is just assemble and go. Get a simple nute schedule and you're off.

ebb n flow in general is pretty nice. even a big tray system. large reservoirs kinda suck.

I think DWC is a great system, but small reservoirs can fluctuate a lot and for someone just learning that can ruin you first try. plus i think it's harder to change the water every week with the plants right on top of the water.

Aero might be the best performer for advanced growers due to the amazing growth rate potentials, but again, if you let something go wrong, things will go bad a lot faster than other styles, so prob not good for a first timer either.

Rockwool, don't get me started. I hate it.

Rotational & Coliseum grows definitely not for a newb. high plant count, tons of clones, tight growing space in close proximity to the light, a tough cookie to handle if your game isn't on point.

Dirt is a great option for newbs because of the buffers and life in it that helps support the roots, but i think it has a lot of problems for the inexperienced grower as well. . . it's easy to over water or under water, easy to have salt buildup, and drainage problems are a common issue. I've learned that a good botom layer of hydroton, and a $5 bag of pearlite from homedepot can go a long way towards a more successful harvest in dirt.

*A special case of the dirt option is to mix up a batch of supersoil from any of the most common recipes found around the net. . . It takes away all feeding regimen problems, the need to have all plants on he same cycles, a ton of the complications are gone out the window. If you can follow the recipe and get all of the ingredients, it's pretty hard to do it wrong. Unless you mess with the recipe. lol. This is what I would set my friends up with if they were going o grow in dirt. a one day investment in time to mix it up and do all the stuff you gotta do, then a few weeks later you have a nice living dirt brew of goodness. then it's autopilot the rest of the way. . . plus you can plant a single plant whenever, and then another one a week later or whenever, and flower whenever you want. since you only feed plain water, nothing gets complicated.

i just dont think its worth mentioning nft, coir, pure perlite, sand, aquaponics, or vertical farming because they're not as popular as the others and i don't have much experience with them. if anyone wants to chime in on that go for it.

agree/disagree butch?

I think DWC is a great system, but small reservoirs can fluctuate a lot and for someone just learning that can ruin you first try. plus i think it's harder to change the water every week with the plants right on top of the water.

im livin proof, another claimed victim of DWC. i think temp/ lack of knowledge/ lack of funds were my main problems.

and im done with rock wool.. Fuck that shit. i think im gonna try root riot plugs.

i wanna go hydro but i need a RO system first. i dont care for my water at all. i think im gonna end up with an ebb and gro. when all my stars finally align..:roorrip:

when you have a system that is set up to be easy to work with, and eliminates some of the most common problems, it allows you to concentrate on the fun part which is trying to pump up those buds like only master growers like butch can do in every type of system at once.

in the end, i think the best system is not a specific style, but its whatever style is best for you. one person might do better in one medium where another person might do poorly in that medium and better in another.

when you have a system that is set up to be easy to work with, and eliminates some of the most common problems, it allows you to concentrate on the fun part which is trying to pump up those buds like only master growers like butch can do in every type of system at once.

in the end, i think the best system is not a specific style, but its whatever style is best for you. one person might do better in one medium where another person might do poorly in that medium and better in another.

couldnt have put it better..well everything except the master growwer part..lol..but thanx for the props WOF..I cant wait to get an ebb-n-gro. Thats definetly in order for christmas...damnit!! gotta wait another year..lol..we'll see though. As Weedy put it perfectly when the stars align.:thumb::ganjamon:

ROCAFELLARUSH IS BACK LOL :) Hey my man.... Just wanted to come look at the grow... I havent been around for a long ass time... i missed everyone... I am going to be starting a new grow here shortly just waiting on the new seeds... The moby dick I started never germinated :( so I just stopped everything for a lil... Now I am buying all the stuff to start a new grow going to do the same setup and all that just got to get a few light bulbs and get a new nute line up... fox farm didnt do what I thought it would do so I think I am going to go with the GH nutes or the dutch master... but anyway Your grow is great as always.... Got me wantign to not quit :) I found out who stole all my plants and stuff and he got what was coming to him... so all is good in the streets for me... and...................... DA ROC IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Butcher I was speed reading here. I seen ya ask if ya should start a new one. If ya ask me always. I love a fresh thread rather than a long winded one. Wood'nt you. I could never catch up on this thread cept looking at pic's. Love that kush, what seed bank?

Here, Here! Different strokes for different folks. The fun is finding all the ways we can grow this highly adaptable plant.

I agree, butch. If it's hydro you want, and your gonna grow a decent amount, ebb n gro is is a great way to go for a new grower. everything is setup already. . . the height of the flood, all the sensors, and everything is just assemble and go. Get a simple nute schedule and you're off.

ebb n flow in general is pretty nice. even a big tray system. large reservoirs kinda suck.

Aero might be the best performer for advanced growers due to the amazing growth rate potentials, but again, if you let something go wrong, things will go bad a lot faster than other styles, so prob not good for a first timer either.

Rotational & Coliseum grows definitely not for a newb. high plant count, tons of clones, tight growing space in close proximity to the light, a tough cookie to handle if your game isn't on point.

Dirt is a great option for newbs because of the buffers and life in it that helps support the roots, but i think it has a lot of problems for the inexperienced grower as well. . . it's easy to over water or under water, easy to have salt buildup, and drainage problems are a common issue. I've learned that a good botom layer of hydroton, and a $5 bag of pearlite from homedepot can go a long way towards a more successful harvest in dirt.

*A special case of the dirt option is to mix up a batch of supersoil from any of the most common recipes found around the net. . . It takes away all feeding regimen problems, the need to have all plants on he same cycles, a ton of the complications are gone out the window. If you can follow the recipe and get all of the ingredients, it's pretty hard to do it wrong. Unless you mess with the recipe. lol. This is what I would set my friends up with if they were going o grow in dirt. a one day investment in time to mix it up and do all the stuff you gotta do, then a few weeks later you have a nice living dirt brew of goodness. then it's autopilot the rest of the way. . . plus you can plant a single plant whenever, and then another one a week later or whenever, and flower whenever you want. since you only feed plain water, nothing gets complicated.

i just dont think its worth mentioning nft, coir, pure perlite, sand, aquaponics, or vertical farming because they're not as popular as the others and i don't have much experience with them. if anyone wants to chime in on that go for it.

agree/disagree butch?

Just my two cents worth, but from all that I have read indoor soil grows generally are better for avoiding problems, but if you do have problems, its the hardest to fix. Hydro, aero, and other soil-less methods are easier to get into problems, but WAY easier to fix.

Just my two cents worth, but from all that I have read indoor soil grows generally are better for avoiding problems, but if you do have problems, its the hardest to fix. Hydro, aero, and other soil-less methods are easier to get into problems, but WAY easier to fix.

A good argument for most to start with hydro if they can afford the startup costs. Changes both good and bad are quickly spotted and corrective actions can be more easily evaluated for efficacy.

I can't say for any other method other than what I've been doing. And more so than methods or mediums, It seems that a balanced nute solution diet, proper ventilation, and usage of light(balancing the proper environment) determine more so how the grow gos. Lack in any of the three areas can cause bad or negative results.
For me, even tho I knew i should have been doing this from the beginning like a good scientist would, I didn't. And that was simply documenting and recording the data. Temps, RH, Rez Temp, light distance, Co2 levels, amount of nutes. I mean if you dont monitor all this stuff its gonna be difficult to improve and maximize yields and bud density.
Of course thats partly why I fell for 420mag, I was partially recording data that I could easily, in a format that I dig, go and look back on.
Even on my current grow I miss a day of recording data and im like "Noooooo" of course once I have data for the whole grow the missing pieces will of course make itself apparent.

Anyways bla bla bla :grinjoint::roorrip:

Plant the seeds and watch em grow!!!!!

Musik :grinjoint::peace:

I can't say for any other method other than what I've been doing. And more so than methods or mediums, It seems that a balanced nute solution diet, proper ventilation, and usage of light(balancing the proper environment) determine more so how the grow gos. Lack in any of the three areas can cause bad or negative results.
For me, even tho I knew i should have been doing this from the beginning like a good scientist would, I didn't. And that was simply documenting and recording the data. Temps, RH, Rez Temp, light distance, Co2 levels, amount of nutes. I mean if you dont monitor all this stuff its gonna be difficult to improve and maximize yields and bud density.
Of course thats partly why I fell for 420mag, I was partially recording data that I could easily, in a format that I dig, go and look back on.
Even on my current grow I miss a day of recording data and im like "Noooooo" of course once I have data for the whole grow the missing pieces will of course make itself apparent.

Anyways bla bla bla :grinjoint::roorrip:

Plant the seeds and watch em grow!!!!!

Musik :grinjoint::peace:

:bravo: musikgenman! Your words ring true for my personal experience. I don't report all collected data in my journal. I have a daily log of TDS/pH initial read, TDS/pH post H2O addback, and how much water I add (estimated to the 1/8 of a gallon from a gallon jug eyeballed). I also record any nutrient adds/changes, pH up/down added and a final TDS/pH reading after those adds. I can then tell if the plants are using more nutrients or water and estimate the percent of nutrient consumed.

I'm considering recording the fluid temp and more accurately recording the volume of the water addbacks in the future.

:sorry: for threadjackin' !

Hey Butcher I was speed reading here. I seen ya ask if ya should start a new one. If ya ask me always. I love a fresh thread rather than a long winded one. Wood'nt you. I could never catch up on this thread cept looking at pic's. Love that kush, what seed bank?

Sorry bro no seed bank for this cut of bubba kush. Long story short its from an original croswsign of parents back in 96 that my BUd has been growing since then. I've had the cut for some time now along w/ the Rainbow Kush(both from the same bud).Thanx for stopping by. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom