The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)

Re: Te butchers slaughter (breeding journal)

Hey Butch, how are you? things are good up north here. your little ones look great. nice color. how big are your neoprene pucks there? i'm curious for scale. i guess i could have just asked you how big the little ones are. haha. oh man, this Super crystal is great!

I'm looking forward to see how the sts works. yeah i sound like a broken record, but i've done plenty of reading. i'm just not sure on how all of it works. i kinda need to see things done before they really sink in. haha.

keep up the great work man.

Those are 2 inches I think. The seedlings were placed low that way the stretching will be at a minimum. They are about 5-6 inches in height. The color since being put in the cloner is becoming a deeper green. Which is a great sign. Glad to see all is well with you. And I be that Super crystal is off the chain. Alway happy to see you around. I got more Pict's of the babies coming up in a bit. Oh and I started another journal check it out EVERYONE

Vote and please let us all know what y'all think about the grow and vote for which strains you think should be grown out. Thank you

Those are 2 inches I think. The seedlings were placed low that way the stretching will be at a minimum. They are about 5-6 inches in height. The color since being put in the cloner is becoming a deeper green. Which is a great sign. Glad to see all is well with you. And I be that Super crystal is off the chain. Alway happy to see you around. I got more Pict's of the babies coming up in a bit. Oh and I started another journal check it out EVERYONE

Vote and please let us all know what y'all think about the grow and vote for which strains you think should be grown out. Thank you

Butcher, your link is broken.

hitting the new link up right now. i'm glad i'm still around. it was looking tense earlier this week.

Always Glad to have you stop by. and I hope all is well with you amd yours. Tense doesn't sound to good. Anyhow your here and obviously it wasn't your time to cut out. Again, always happy to have you stop by. :ganjamon:

wow, I just wandered to your breeding thread, and love what you've been up to. I just finished a little low watt breeding chamber and am putting a cindy99 in there tomorrow to self pollinate. After that it's on with the real deal.
...anyways, I'm subscribed. Love the names your choosing, and your dedication to the project. I hope it turns out well for you. i know its a tedious job, but I find it fun as hell. een breeding on and off for a while now, and it's funny to see the looks on friends faces when I tell them I got a keeper male.. they look flabergasted. lolol

keep up the great work man!

Hey thanks Jason. It is tedious, I'm actually putting a couple of the Purple Reign and Purple Mist into buckets to mother today. I'll be sure to post picts.

Thats the one thing I love about breeding, you can do a small cab with cfls and breed that way. The low wattage and free beans that you (the breader) created one of the best feelign in the world. Even if its a strain that you got elsewhere. Its great to know you can produce your own beans and not have to pay a ton of money for them.

hahah, yea I hear you man. I did a Mikado x NL#9 cross a while back that came out very very nice, and had pink hues to boot. She got a little taller than the NL, but had some Danky Doodle nugs. A favorite of my circle for years. Of course it was only F1 at the time, so clone only, but oh my. what a Kung Pao hybrid. lol It has since been stabalized and is now used to breed into new stock to increase yield and color in new crosses. I'm going to be working on a White Rhino x Cindy99 cross soon amungst others, but thats another story.

I cant wait to see how your new girls come out. I hope that they carry alot of that color over with some LA Flav. They look like they're leaning toward the widow in the leaves to me. what do you think? What traits are you seeing more dominant of this go?

Right now the dominant trait has been the early signs of sex. Heres a couple picts:

IMG_01927.JPG

IMG_01913.JPG

Which is the one reason I picked the male. I have another seedling that I saved. We'll have to see how that one comes out. The signs of sex have been shown by the fourth set of leafs. Where as my Thai x Super Skunk hasnt shown signs and its about 12 inches at the moment. So we'll have to see how this one plays out. I will be germ'n more to find a fitting male to start the next generation. And if the female is a fitting mother, I will clone, clone, clone. Then STS a few of the clones, to produce fem'd beans of that cut. That way I will always have that generation available for future breeding projects.

for the record if this cut produces well I WILL journal a SOG of her. And if not we have plenty of new hybrids to choose from. But that wont be til after the seedmadness grow.

Best of luck to ya bro....

:cheer:Go Butcher Go:cheer:

Thanks for the support...Its about time I get some real progress out of the crosses.

We're at about the 8 month mark when you started this thread. Been a hella va ride.

Bout what, 2 more years to go? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stuff looks great B!

Sf

Yeah at the least by years end we shall see a chosen pheno flowered and a couple generations of creating an IBL hybrid. At that point we should be at a stage of F4-F5. Thats assuming I can get the strain to produce every month once flowering has set into the first chosen plant.

Thats the benefit of running smaller breeding setups, you can pollinate several generations before the one previous even finishes out. Or at least you can when establishing and creating an IBL Hybrid.

As the seeds would finish out of the previous generation you or I would and can set up the next set of clones and seedlings from the one previous to that. Then pollinate them as well with that chosen parent. This is how an IBL hybrid gets established. Using one parent and a chosen opposite sexed seedling (male or female) and continuously back-crossing them.

Once this has been done, then it will be time to create a fem'd version of that strain. Which will inevitably finalize the hybrid and make it officially an established strain with both regular and fem'd offspring.

Back
Top Bottom