Smokin's Outdoor Escapade

They look great....being outside, do you and other growers have to deal with lights? That is, would street lights, passing car lights or even a bright light have an effect? Turn females into males/hermies?

Just wondering

They look great....being outside, do you and other growers have to deal with lights? That is, would street lights, passing car lights or even a bright light have an effect? Turn females into males/hermies?

Just wondering

I don't think outdoor plants are anywhere near as sensitive as indoor plants to light during flowering periods. They still get a degree of moon/star light every night. Never had a problem with males/hermies in any outdoor grows and I used to come down to my gardens long after dark and do work with flashlights and laterns pretty regularly. Might be more of an issue in a more suburban area? Not sure, I lived pretty far out in the cuts.

I don't think outdoor plants are anywhere near as sensitive as indoor plants to light during flowering periods. They still get a degree of moon/star light every night. Never had a problem with males/hermies in any outdoor grows and I used to come down to my gardens long after dark and do work with flashlights and laterns pretty regularly. Might be more of an issue in a more suburban area? Not sure, I lived pretty far out in the cuts.

I live in a suburban neighborhood, and I was a little bit worried. I did my best to keep my lights off in my backyard, and I didn't bother them after dark. I also luckily don't live close to any street lights. Everything worked out.

Updates
lots of cloudy trichomes, I have 3 girls that are very close. I have smoked a little bit of the Cannadential, and its a definite couch lock. Here's some pics.
Cannadential thats still on the vine.
Candy2.jpg

candy_deuce.jpg

I have three Black Russian girls;
BR_baruka.jpg

BR_baruka_3.jpg

BR_Caly.jpg

BR_caly2.jpg

BR_caly_3.jpg

Purple Wreck girls =2
Barney_mgee.jpg

barney_mgee_2.jpg

UPDATES
Well, I got Budworms....
I decided to start chopping this past weekend. I decided to take all the tops off the plants and leave the bottoms, and spray BT on the lower areas. As of right now, there has been small amounts of damage from the worms. I searched out any buds with damage, then i found the worms and drowned them in whiskey. Total, I lost probably a bit under an ounce, so not too bad.

Smoke Report
The only bud that's smokable is the Cannadential, it line dried for 7 days, and has been in jars for an additional 7. The green smell is disapearing and what is left is a pungent lemony pine smell. The buds are very dark green with lots of sugar, and dense. The taste is still not all the way developed, but its very resinous, with a piney undertone. The high is "couchlock", I find it difficult to change channels after smoking it.

UPDATES
Well, I got Budworms....
I decided to start chopping this past weekend. I decided to take all the tops off the plants and leave the bottoms, and spray BT on the lower areas. As of right now, there has been small amounts of damage from the worms. I searched out any buds with damage, then i found the worms and drowned them in whiskey. Total, I lost probably a bit under an ounce, so not too bad.

Smoke Report
The only bud that's smokable is the Cannadential, it line dried for 7 days, and has been in jars for an additional 7. The green smell is disapearing and what is left is a pungent lemony pine smell. The buds are very dark green with lots of sugar, and dense. The taste is still not all the way developed, but its very resinous, with a piney undertone. The high is "couchlock", I find it difficult to change channels after smoking it.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the worms... I hate those bastards! I used to use thuricide, but I wasn't too concerned about the long term effects back then... I just wanted dead pillars. :goodluck:

:peace:

Oh man, sorry to hear about the worms... I hate those bastards! I used to use thuricide, but I wasn't too concerned about the long term effects back then... I just wanted dead pillars. :goodluck:

:peace:

Oh, no worries. The worms have yet to really effect much, as I said above, " I took the tops off all the plants." and I saw little damage. Whats left of the girls have been sprayed with "Bacillus thuringiensis" and I hope to let the bottoms mature for another week or two.

High Smoke!
I was hit a little worse this year from past years with those little buggers. Maybe it's the year of the worm or something idk. I ended up with about an oz per lb of dead loss from their rotted areas but oh well. I'm still having a better than expected haul with the outdoor garden. ;)

Slosmokin, sorry to hear about the worms.....but my guess is that 1 ounce hit won't be a very large percentage of your total harvest!!! Amazing. Healthy. Beautiful.

Do you plan on posting any harvest weights?

And congrats on getting Married!!

High Smoke!
I was hit a little worse this year from past years with those little buggers. Maybe it's the year of the worm or something idk. I ended up with about an oz per lb of dead loss from their rotted areas but oh well. I'm still having a better than expected haul with the outdoor garden. ;)

I have heard from a few buddies that this is indeed the year of the worm!
I share your outlook though, I am going to more than double my expected yield.

Slosmokin, sorry to hear about the worms.....but my guess is that 1 ounce hit won't be a very large percentage of your total harvest!!! Amazing. Healthy. Beautiful.

Do you plan on posting any harvest weights?

And congrats on getting Married!!

Thanks for the nice words, you're correct the worms are going to affect a small %.

I wasn't planning on posting the weight, but I will surely post close ups and smoke reports of all the girls. Thanks, so far married life is really good. Since my lady doesn't have to plan the wedding anymore, she is way more relaxed.

Wow!
Your plants are beautiful,healthy and just perfect...
I love the bud pics,great job!

Thank you, I am totally stoked on outdoor growing now. I have grown indoors probably around 12 harvest, and outdoor is where its at! Strangely enough, I always thought outdoor quality would not compare, boy was I wrong.

Hi everyone,
Been a little bit busy, but I have updates. I still have the girls going outside, I took all the tops off and left the bottoms to ripen. This is working awesome, all the potential popcorn is turning into rock hard nugs. I have been just taking nugs off as they look and feel done.

I will include a pic along with the smoke report:

Cannadential (LA Confidential X Cantaloupe Haze)
Dark green buds, very very dense. On the plant it smelled skunkey/catpiss, now it smells like diesel mixed with a little bit of fruit. The smoke is very thick with a resiounous flavor at first, which blends into a fruity after taste that coats your mouth and lips. The high is couch hugging fun, I have been smoking before bed, and it makes me soo comfy and lets me fall into a relaxed slumber
CANNADENTIAL3.jpg

Black Russian (White Russian X Black Domina)
The buds are a light green with a light orange hairs, and the buds are a 7/10 on the density. Her buds smelled very fruity on the plant, and after being cured for a couple weeks, I am coming close to regaining it. The high is very unique, she is in the high THC category on the website I bought from, and I can tell its true. The smoke is very smooth, and has a nice fruity bouquet taste, at first I was not too amazed and thought I had a B+ weed. But then it started to creep, first I felt my mouth start trying to smile then my vision got glassy. Upon getting up I got a pretty good head rush and I felt my legs sorta tremble. I then realized I had the "fear", I felt nervous awkward and a bit paranoid. For the next hour or so, I wandered around the house aimlessly without any idea what to do. I have repeated the test about 3 times, and its all been the same. This is for sure the most intense weed I have ever grown. I give it a 10/10 for just being so different from other Cannabis I have grown/smoked.
BLACK_RUSSIAN1.jpg

Purple Wreck: (Purple Erkle X Trainwreck)
Round dense buds covered in orange hairs, with the smell of a grape blow pop. The smoke is thick with a rich grape taste, that has a very sweet aftertaste. Its a very fast hitting high similar to the trainwreck, but it's accompanied by a nice body high instead soaring cerebral. This is the only girl I will smoke during the day because it allows me to still somewhat function. This plant was an above average producer, and I really liked the shape of the buds. I give her an 7/10 because its very similar to other weed I have grown, and the buzz is just above average.
PURPLE_WRECK_DRY.jpg

Here is a pic of some purple wreck still on the plant this morning.
PURPLE_WRECK2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom