I have to show off my new mold. 1 pound of butter filled all 30 compartments with exactly 1 tablespoonful.
There was only 1 teaspoonful left over for the chef.

Butter22.jpg

Oh, and yes I know there are some floaters in there. Would you believe me if I told you I added them for extra flavor?.................... didn't think so:laughtwo:

I also extracted 2 ounces for oil later today. In addition to freezing all ingredients and glassware ahead of time I brought in a 5 gallon bucket of snow to put the glass container in while I was extracting. I think it did a pretty good job of keeping the chlorophyll out.

EverClear11.jpg

My wife is away for a long weekend so I have the kitchen all to myself today. :allgood:

Awesome Beav! Might as well find a good use for snow....I usually fill buckets and let it melt as "rainwater" for the plants. LOL

That mold is great! And...of course I believe the floaters are on purpose. ;-) That is a beautiful color on the liquid for sure.

Thanks for showing us your activities. Motivation...YEY

:circle-of-love:

Okay, important question for all of you Magical Butter Machine users.

In the new manual on page 6 there is a section on Decarboxylation. It says that decarboxylation needs to be done in advance for "rare" blossoms and herbs and then gives the "how to".

My question is, do they consider cannabis to be one of those "rare" blossoms or herbs that need prior decarbing?

I have never done a prior decarb (and have never spoken to anyone else who does) of my cannabis before making butter, tincture or anything else, and my results have always been a good strong potent product. My caramels have always been kick arse, sometimes knock you out...as well as many other things I've made.

Do any of you do the prior decarbing, if so...why? Isn't that being done during the process in the machine?

I have a question in to the MB folks on this, to see what they consider "rare" blossoms and herbs.

:thanks:

Canna I do not decarb before making butter... I do add an emulsifier to help it mix with the butter but that is it and the process heats it for 2 hours and then you also cook it in with your brownies or whatever you are making... and honestly I have had people ask me not to make them as strong....:yikes: I guess I could see dong it if you were just adding the herb to your recipes but I honestly don't think my butter could get any stronger and my tinctures are amazing.... if I do say so myself...:;):... I think you will find that MB will give you some scientific nonsense and then tell you it can be done either way... Hummm maybe I'm psychotic.... I mean psychic...:blushsmile:.....:circle-of-love:

It's packed away, but I loaned my MB2 to a friend who tried 2 hour oil with 14+ grams of (non-decarboxylated) dried herb and then using as much oil as possible in the brownie mix. The results were underwhelming, in that it was an oily brownie and he didn't feel high. In my opinion the dude rushed things and did not plan well, but still his results sucked.

It's packed away, but I loaned my MB2 to a friend who tried 2 hour oil with 14+ grams of (non-decarboxylated) dried herb and then using as much oil as possible in the brownie mix. The results were underwhelming, in that it was an oily brownie and he didn't feel high. In my opinion the dude rushed things and did not plan well, but still his results sucked.

It's good to get some others with different results. I may try it with the decarb before, and then a batch with no decarb. Then makes some caramels and have someone test them out. I really would love to know if there is a difference.

I wonder if your friend used the emulsifier? That really is important in my opinion.

I did hear back from the MB folks. The first email said that it should be decarbed to activate the THC etc. The second email was an answer to part two of my question on whether we have to do it, and he stated they recommend it, and others recommend against it. He said it's "personal preference".

:thumb:

I made butter with the trim from my first grow. I followed a High Times recipe if I remember correctly. It was decarbed and took about a whole day to make beginning to end. I made some cookie-brownies with it and man, it really packed a punch! My girl would use the butter on toast in the morning and said it made her feel good the whole day. Decarbing is the way to go in my opinion.

It's good to get some others with different results. I may try it with the decarb before, and then a batch with no decarb. Then makes some caramels and have someone test them out. I really would love to know if there is a difference.

I wonder if your friend used the emulsifier? That really is important in my opinion.

I did hear back from the MB folks. The first email said that it should be decarbed to activate the THC etc. The second email was an answer to part two of my question on whether we have to do it, and he stated they recommend it, and others recommend against it. He said it's "personal preference".

:thumb:

My friend did skip the lecithin. I suggested, but he wouldn't slow down to consider the 8 block trip to the store.

Okay, important question for all of you Magical Butter Machine users.

In the new manual on page 6 there is a section on Decarboxylation. It says that decarboxylation needs to be done in advance for "rare" blossoms and herbs and then gives the "how to".

My question is, do they consider cannabis to be one of those "rare" blossoms or herbs that need prior decarbing?

I have never done a prior decarb (and have never spoken to anyone else who does) of my cannabis before making butter, tincture or anything else, and my results have always been a good strong potent product. My caramels have always been kick arse, sometimes knock you out...as well as many other things I've made.

Do any of you do the prior decarbing, if so...why? Isn't that being done during the process in the machine?

I have a question in to the MB folks on this, to see what they consider "rare" blossoms and herbs.

I use the MB2, now over a year ..it works great! I now do decarb the herb before using if the herb is not dried and cured 3-6 months. This length of time its mostly decarb'd naturally. With the MB2, I find the 2 hr is not long enough to decarb at the temperatures they use. You can do longer time. But you can decarb in 15-20 min at 240-250F in a toaster or regular oven. I dont use microwaves.
If making butter, and adding water- some do, do NOT use lecithin. You will end up with an emulsified like mayo glop.
Use the lecithin when using oil or fat(CannaInfused Bacon Grease or Duck Fat YUMMM!!)
:)

Edit: You can use lecithin with butter, just dont add water when using lecithin with a fat/oil. Its an emulsifier..it allows oil and water to combine :)

I use the MB2, now over a year ..it works great! I now do decarb the herb before using if the herb is not dried and cured 3-6 months. This length of time its mostly decarb'd naturally. With the MB2, I find the 2 hr is not long enough to decarb at the temperatures they use. You can do longer time. But you can decarb in 15-20 min at 240-250F in a toaster or regular oven. I dont use microwaves.
If making butter, and adding water- some do, do NOT use lecithin. You will end up with an emulsified like mayo glop.
Use the lecithin when using oil or fat(CannaInfused Bacon Grease or Duck Fat YUMMM!!)

Thank you so much for that input DrZiggy!! I would love to get some duck fat. Not really available around here without harvesting your own. LOL

I'm glad others have had good experience with their MB2. My good experience has yet to happen. It will happen.

Back
Top Bottom