The Canyon

[FONT=&amp]Two days ago I decided that I was tired of looking at the second Ghost Train. It had been in flower ten weeks. I moved it to a rather low light area of the flower side and began cutting about what would loose pack in a two quart jar with the stems on when I wanted a break from other projects.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
I have four Gallons in the frig now. The top two branches will get jarred today.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]SweetSue's enthusiasm about cold drying got the best of me. I am concerned about the M word though.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]I was planning to have this plant tested anyway and I have test from the other GTH. This time I will spring for the extended tests. It is going to cost about $150, that is more than I spend at dispensaries most city trips.

This could get to be a pricey learning experience. [;>)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
I never know
DSCN205910.JPG

DSCN20578.JPG

It took a while to untangle the branches.
DSCN20647.JPG

These broke ground yesterday. The front one is Dark Devil Auto. It is my first auto. The back two are Thunderstruck, A high CBD strain.
DSCN20695.JPG
[/FONT]

That GSC is amazing Canyon. She obviously likes being close to the light.

Thank you for trying the refrigerator dry. Mold shouldn't be a problem at the low temps you keep in the fridge. I've learned to leave them be and just let them dry. I think we need a testing fund, don't you? :dreamy:

I've been thinking I need another refrigerator. :laughtwo: Or at least I need to time my harvests carefully to fall two weeks apart, minimum.

Thunderstruck is a sturdy and strong word - like canyon.
Both have an echo in the background, but only one of those echoes has an AC/DC soundtrack :rofl:

That made me laugh. It's very profound in a nonsensical way.

All the talk of server farms over at your place has me reminiscing. I was an outside guy with Ma Bell. Most of it was what is now called data transport. Most was T1/E1, but I built and turned up a good number of OC3 huts. I also did the outside part of a dozen or so Central Office cut overs to digital.

I did a few interesting things over a career. I worked at the Pentagon, Word Perfect in it's heyday, and a winter on horse back in Capital Reef National Park wrecking out an old open wire line. My five minuets of fame was engineering the build out of the internet to all schools and libraries in the Southern half of Utah in the mid 80's.

That GSC is amazing Canyon. She obviously likes being close to the light.

Thank you for trying the refrigerator dry. Mold shouldn't be a problem at the low temps you keep in the fridge. I've learned to leave them be and just let them dry. I think we need a testing fund, don't you? :dreamy:

I've been thinking I need another refrigerator. :laughtwo: Or at least I need to time my harvests carefully to fall two weeks apart, minimum.

Thanks, I am more than happy with her looks.

What is going to amount to $300 or an oz of grass, hopefully will gain us some insight into the to variations within strains. We may also get an idea what impact various curing techniques have on retaining the more volatile cannabinoids and terpenoids.

I am starting to wish I had sprung for the deluxe test on the Dwarf Ghost now.

I never know

Quite a history there sir. :battingeyelashes: I was impressed with the intro of the Internet to the schools. Made the teacher in me smile big. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm hoping your attempts to use testing to gain this insight will inspire others among us who have access to testing to do the same. We have time to get it all worked out. It'll give us something to play with over the years. It'll take the country too long to catch up. Don't you love exploration?

That made me laugh. It's very profound in a nonsensical way.

All the talk of server farms over at your place has me reminiscing. I was an outside guy with Ma Bell. Most of it was what is now called data transport. Most was T1/E1, but I built and turned up a good number of OC3 huts. I also did the outside part of a dozen or so Central Office cut overs to digital.

I did a few interesting things over a career. I worked at the Pentagon, Word Perfect in it's heyday, and a winter on horse back in Capital Reef National Park wrecking out an old open wire line. My five minuets of fame was engineering the build out of the internet to all schools and libraries in the Southern half of Utah in the mid 80's.

Thanks, I am more than happy with her looks.

What is going to amount to $300 or an oz of grass, hopefully will gain us some insight into the to variations within strains. We may also get an idea what impact various curing techniques have on retaining the more volatile cannabinoids and terpenoids.

I am starting to wish I had sprung for the deluxe test on the Dwarf Ghost now.

I never know

I acknowledge your Ma Bell outside man history on through internet to Southern Utah. My IT career has been corporate for a few companies. The biggest project I did was for the corporate overlord - Designed and managed the software development and equipment shipping and installation for a 130 location, 2 data center, 5 hub dial backup system for major failure recovery of the locations connected to any location with a single command (and confirmation) for any failing component - first pass of recovery complete within 5 minutes, near 100% recovery in 15 or less. -- In a couple of major incidents, including citywide shutdown of local outbound non-emergency calls during an earthquake, the system worked. This was pre-internet :)

Not nearly as benificial to society as your efforts :)

And then you go all altruistic by planning to help the world understand the benefits to terpene profiles out of your own pocket.
Slow down son, you're making the rest if us look bad :)

[FONT=&amp]Rad,
That is an impressive project to have put together, hats off to you.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]I started in Northern Va. Early on I worked on a crew building T1 trunk lines and working with special circuits.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Then I transferred to rural Ut. That was a change. Just in our yard we had lots of toys, 2 D8 cats, 3 small ones, 3 snow cats, 1 Kenworth, 1 Peter Built, 2 line trucks, 3 backhoes, one boss and half a state to play in.

The first central office we turned up was fed with open wire. The job came with a lot of windshield time and a lot of living out of a suitcase.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]I have learned a lot from this site. If posting a few tests helps anyone I am happy to do it.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]This little girl is B-Witched at +12 days.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Best

DSCN20437.JPG

DSCN20448.JPG

[/FONT]

You two amaze me. I could listen to you talk all day long. :dreamy:

Canyon, if you don't enter this picture in the gallery contest I'm going to, and I'll search your gallery for more of the same. It took my breath away.

DSCN20448.JPG

Somewhere along the lines we'll have funds being shuffled around to accelerate testing opportunities without bankrupting anyone. :cheesygrinsmiley: Someone will have that inspirational thought and share it and we'll all clap hands, do a little jig, and get to work finding out some serious science that'll help people heal.

God, I love this site. :circle-of-love:

[FONT=&]

These broke ground yesterday. The front one is Dark Devil Auto. It is my first auto. The back two are Thunderstruck, A high CBD strain.
DSCN20695.JPG
[/FONT]

Watch out for those auto tap roots. they will grow in one day to the bottom and then switch to flower. Cut the bottoms out of the auto cups and sink them into their final pots NOW. Slit the sides of the cups so you can easily remove them later without disturbing the roots.

Thank you for taking my advice. I learned the hard way with my Auto Jock Horrors. I ended up with one 7 incher and one 11 incher. :-( With this method, my Autoberrys grew to 4 feet and were as sticky as glue!

You will be very happy with the result!

:high-five:

Nice transplant buckaroo. :high-five: Pretty little tree. Yours have a distinctive look. Hmmm.....do mine have a distinctive look? Odd how that happens, isn't it? We all develop our own style and it shows in the plant profiles. Yours all look like they want to be tall supermodels with long, lovely legs. :laughtwo:

Watch out for those auto tap roots. they will grow in one day to the bottom and then switch to flower. Cut the bottoms out of the auto cups and sink them into their final pots NOW. Slit the sides of the cups so you can easily remove them later without disturbing the roots.

Great advice. I watch the plug that I plant the seed in, and as soon as I see movement it gets planted in the pot. With autos I try to start them in the 5 gallon they'll finish in. Autos have super-aggressive root systems.

AKgramma, this was the first I'd heard that it was the taproot hitting the bottom that triggered the flowering response. Makes perfect sense.

There are a lot of cuts of Ghost Train. It was originally clone only. These two were probably S1 seeds from the same plant and are not from the best cuts. The cannabinois are close to the same content with rather low THC numbers in both. However D-Limonene and Lanalool had concentrations higher in the Dwarf and Terpinolene concentrations were 10 times higher in the second plant.

Both plants are much better smoke than the numbers would indicate. The Dwarf is the best. Neither plant has a decent yield. The Dwarf was about an ounce and #2 was around 3 ounces. The buds are very small. The tricomes are also undersized with the Dawarf having noticeably smaller ones than #2.

For what it is worth, I did a partial cold dry on #2 for about 15 days with loose packed buds on stems in half gallon jars. Then they were air dried for about two days with the stems on before jarring. The Dwarf was air dried for about 5 days.

I seriously know nothing…. about what I am doing here. I don’t know enough to know what to look for at this point.

Best

The first and third images are standard test of the dwarf and 2 and 4 are extended test of the second plant.

SteepHill-Dwarf_Ghost_Train-cannabinoids.jpg

****************************************************************************************
SteepHill-Ghost_Train_2-cannabinoids.jpg

*************************************************************************************

SteepHill-Dwarf_Ghost_Train-terpenes.jpg

****************************************************************************************

SteepHill-Ghost_Train_2-terpenes.jpg

For someone who has been retired for 20 years I have been busy lately.

This is Nightmare Cookies at + 40, she drinks about half as much as the GSC.
DSCN19388.JPG

The next three are GSC at +55, she is a 9-10 week plant according to calms.

It is hard to get good full plant pictures with all the crowding and clutter, but I want to get one of her before I take her down.
DSCN194710.JPG

DSCN196210.JPG

DSCN19668.JPG

Your GSC is quite impressive. :bravo:

Yes indeed, mighty impressive. I just planted a Thin Mints GS Cookies, and I hope it comes out looking as pretty as this GSC did. That last picture is stunning Canyon.

Have you had opportunity to smoke the specimen you dried low and slow? Notice any difference? I'm still shaking my head at the limonene content in the one and terpinoline in the other. We're both of these grown with Doc's Kit Canyon?

Thanks for the compliments on the GSC. With one exception, she is the best looking plant I have grown in about a year.

I have smoked and vapped a fare amount of the refrigerated cure. I had to air dry it for the last two days. Even so it smoked better than the branch I cut early and air dried. The Dwarf is about gone now but I smoked the next to last bud this afternoon to see if I still thought it was as good as I have been clamming. Yes it is.

I have a clone of each plant going and will probably clone at least the Dwarf again.

The testing lab had a few trade magazines as handouts. I picked up one titled “Terpenes & Testing and Everything Extractions”. There was a short article on pinene in it.

a-pinene smells like pine. B-pinene smells like dill. There Boiling point is 311 to 313F.

“….In 2015, the gastroprotective effects of pinene were studied on male Swiss mice. This data concluded that pinene could significantly reduce ulcers while also reducing all ethanol-induced gastrointestinal lesions. It also reduced the volume an acidity of the gastric juice while increasing gastric wall mucus which promotes better stomach health”….

….”Scientific studies have revealed various benefits to inhaling pinene. Antimicrobial activity both of a-pinene and B-pinene were monitored in 2012 with stellar results. Combined a-pinene and B-pinene were able to completely kill Candida albicans 100% in 60 minutes. In the same study a-pinene and B-pinene had a bactericiadal effect within six hours on Staphylococcus areus (MERSA).”

OTOH, ….. “The mice and rats were exposed to 400ppm of a-pinene, six out of ten of the female rodents died but all other specimen survived. Both male and female mice that survived showed signs of an enlarged liver, urinary tract lesions, and reduction in cauda epidiymal sperm in males. This study was focused on identifying the dangerous properties of pinene in highly concentrated cleaning products.”

I never know

Back
Top Bottom