The Frugal Growmet cherry poppin grow

Thanks good buddy, I am going to be flowering starting today. Lights went out at 700 am and I'll turn em on at 700pm.
We will just see what happens on my plants that came from unknown seeds to see how many males I get.

Thank you aberration, anyone from the great state of Oregon is a definite friend of mine. Your advise is well taken.

Ok so it is now one week into flowering. I have been giving these guys water every two days and my temp is holding at 75 due to hot 1000 hps and cool of garage due to winter works nicely. But when lights are off which is during the day it does get to 45- 50 degrees due to winter and no 1000 watt light on ,hehe. Hopefully it wont be a huge problem.
Still have issues with yellowing and very small leaf clusters. Pictures below might show this evidence on the grape ape second picture down.

week_flowring_room_shot.JPG

Week_into_flowering.JPG

Grape ape clone

Grape_ape_week_into_flowering.JPG

here is the unknown sex and strain plants

unkown_seed_pot_bush.JPG

december_12_vid_and_oics_034.JPG

Keeping fingers crossed that this harvest doesnt end up a disaster.

I think your right Oldmedman, i have a meter that shows the wetness of soil and even after 3 days it still shows wet on the meter. So I thought maybe the meter was f-uped. But maybe It was me. lol.
Thanks bro...

I think your right Oldmedman, i have a meter that shows the wetness of soil and even after 3 days it still shows wet on the meter. So I thought maybe the meter was f-uped. But maybe It was me. lol.
Thanks bro...

if its one of those meters you buy from lowes. or home depot, they're junk. i had one and was puttin it in and gettin no differance in reading from day to day, so i took it and put it in str8 water and it barley moved, it still read dry. hahaha

Thanks Plantpot4fun, I did get one of those crap meters mine is readin but almost always reads wet. And the ph always is too high. But stays in the 7 range. Probably the meter.

I'm with you on that. Good meters are very exspensive and hell you would think a 20 dollar meter would get you in the ball park. After all mother nature doesnt seem to need one.

I have now had the plants in flower for a day shy of 2 weeks.
The three clones grape ape and 2 purple urkle's are female however the 4 unknown seeds I planted I think I got 2 females and 2 males which I am thinking of taking out of the room today. @ of the unknown seeds have pistols coming out of the tops and 2 have none. I havent noticed so much the balls that I hear signifies the males in the node area but not seeing the pistols makes me wary. Should I go with my first instinct and get rid of the 2 plants at least take them outside so they dont turn the others male?
I have some pics below. The first is a shot of the plant I beleive to be male any feedback would be reassuring. Thanks my 420 buddies.
Male28.JPG

2_day_flower_unknown_seed.JPG

Grape_ape_12_day_flower.JPG

Grape ape top view her top is not centered she has a tilt going on.

Whole room below.

12_days_into_flower_011.JPG

Unknown seed below, this one i think is a female she has very odd shaped leafs.

12_flower_indo.JPG

Hey just read the journal. That is a nice little setup. The plants grew nice and dense! That room as a whole is going to reward you nicely!

I got to thinking about your grow(Grape Ape specifically) the other day at work and was wondering what the PH of your water is? I think that you might have a nutrient lockout due to PH. What is the PH of your runoff? The other thought that I had is this. When you put a plant into flower it goes ape shit. They grow at such a fast rate in those first few weeks that they suck all of the N out. I give mine a good dose of N during weeks 3 and 4. I also feed them lots of N during there veg stage. What is the N-P-K on the MG. Cannabis is a HUNGRY plant. It may have ate everything the MG had. Helping that plant make the push into flowering is critical I think. The importance of P-K during flowering is critical as well. P-K is used by Cannabis during flowering for multiple reasons.

Nutrients are the food of plants and come in the form of fertilizers which can be chemical or organic, liquid or powder and may contain several elements . Commercial fertilizers must indicate the levels of NPK. During vegetative stage cannabis needs more amounts of N than of P,K while during flowering P is more essential than N, K. The presence of secondary nutrients (Calcium, Magnesium, Sulphur) is recommended. Also there are seven micronutrients (Iron, Boron, Chlorine, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Molybdenum) that are not extremely important and rarely manifest as deficiencies.

Fertilizers although vital for good cannabis growth, must be used frugally otherwise they could burn the plant. As a general rule, half the amount suggested in a bottle may be given each time.

As a plant acclimatized to virtually every growing region on Earth, its nutrient needs vary widely with its genetics and can truly only be determined with experience. Chemical plant foods vary greatly maker to maker, and some can be used at full strength, or the strength listed for plants with large fruits like the tomato.

I thought that I saw some white spots on the female bag seed with the odd shaped leaves. Have you checked for pests?

As far as pulling the plant that you think might be male. OldMedMan is right. Wait till you see balls. They will look SOOOO much different than the pistils of a female. It might be a plant that is slow to mature. There are some strains of Cannabis that can take 16 plus weeks to mature.

Anyways, these are some thoughts. Keep up the good work.:slide:

Thanks Velodrone for the great write up I will take the very thorough advise and give more nutes. I havent really been giving them any in fear that when they were first planted they might have gotten too much. I am going to post some more pics this evening. I must say the other 2 bag seed plants that had no signs of pistols anywhere I did take outside. But now after Oldmedman and you say it still might be too early to tell I might bring them back inside. I am in ca so the temps arent freezing outside so they should be ok. I was thinking about trying to collect some pollen for seeding a couple of branchs in the future for some seeds for they are so expensive to buy. My next batch is going to be from seeds I bought from harborside a dispensery in oakland the seeds are called Deep Purple a strain developed from purple urkle and querkle.

I believe that the plant in that first pic is not mature and just needs time. As a general rule, a cannabis plant will have opposing pairs of branches like that when still immature. When they become sexually mature, the branch pattern changes to alternating singles (actually more of a spirograph type path if you ask me). I'm near positive that this is correct for females, but I do not know about males for sure, and my copy of Marijuana Botany is on the other side of the house. I'll try to verify that. Can anyone else chime in on this? I know there are many with more experience here...

In pics 2 and 3 it looks like you have buds growing with many white pistils, but maybe your camera is not white-balancing the image correctly, so they look green. I took (take) a bunch of those. ;)

To my eye, your plants look healthy. Kudos.

:peace:

Thank you Aberration as always your input is greatly valued.
I must say I did take the other two that I felt were male outside. Since I am in california I know they will probably survive since it rarely gets below 45 degrees. But after three weeks there was still no sign of budding and the others all are showing definate signs of budding. I will take some snaps tonight and post them. I am still trying to get the pics to come out defined it seems the mylar sends a reflection that hampers a good clean shot.

Very new to the forum and this is the first thread that I read. I live in CO and have recently decided to try my hand at growing for the first time. I am VERY interested in growing some Grape Ape, and a quick search of the forums pointed me to this thread. I am very excited about the journey I'm about to start and your pictures make me want to start tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Welcome aboard Twystedpair!! Glad to have you with us and this forum.

Well here are my 3 weeks at flower pictures the Grape ape is the first couple,

Grape_ape_3weeks_flowering.JPG

Grape_ape_in_bud_3_weeks.JPG

The_ape_at_3wks_bud.JPG

close_up_ape.JPG

now for the whole room shots

Room_budding_3_weeks.JPG

Room_at_3_weeks_bud.JPG

purple urkle below

Purp_urk_3.JPG

A shot of the unknown strain the thickest strongest of the plants.

Unknown_strain_at_3_wks_bud.JPG

Thanks to all my viewers comments always give me something to look forward to thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom