Jaygrow's - Soil - Grape Ape - LED - Toilet Grow

Update on the plants, they look about the same as yesterday so no pictures, but they're still growing white pistils so hopefully they can grow a little before they finish up. Still waiting for them to dry a little more. I'll probably give them the next 1.5 gallons tomorrow.

I'm practicing germinating some hermie seeds I had kept around. I had success on my first grow putting them into a glass of water with a drop of superthrive overnight and then putting them into root cubes until the roots came out the side...then putting them in solo cups.

Is superthrive bad in any way for the plants? I've heard it can delay flowering, so I am skeptical of using it for my auto seeds.

Update on the plants, they look about the same as yesterday so no pictures, but they're still growing white pistils so hopefully they can grow a little before they finish up. Still waiting for them to dry a little more. I'll probably give them the next 1.5 gallons tomorrow.

I'm practicing germinating some hermie seeds I had kept around. I had success on my first grow putting them into a glass of water with a drop of superthrive overnight and then putting them into root cubes until the roots came out the side...then putting them in solo cups.

Is superthrive bad in any way for the plants? I've heard it can delay flowering, so I am skeptical of using it for my auto seeds.

If I were you, I definitely wouldn't expect those leaves to recover, and might even just pluck the ones that are more than 50% damaged. You have to consider that they're not taking in even half the amount of light they usually are, but are still more than 50% of their original mass taking up resources. The plant probably won't try to heal them and will just stop sending resources to them allowing them to die slowly, so you could just pluck them off and save the plant the trouble. If they do have a chance at recovering though, you might be stunting bud growth by asking the plant to heal them instead. There's two threads about defoliating at the stage of growth you're in going on in the FAQ section you might wanna check out.

What I did in veg when I burned a set of leaves was just take the ones that were 50% or more off right then and there, and that usually lead to the others recovering more quickly. I'd leave it up to the plant and just press on the stems near where they connect to the main stalk, and if they were still viable they would bend and flex--if the plant was shutting them down, they'd snap right off. I'm not sure how similar it will be in flower though as the plant doesn't have the hormones present to signal vegetative growth. I think if anything they're just going to stunt the bud growth by tying up resources and light.

Ok I gave them each another 1.5 gals of ph'd water today. They are looking healthier now. I see a little new growth on a few buds. Two weeks to go. I haven't seen any Amber trichs at all yet even on the leaves so maybe they've got more than two weeks to go.

Here are the pics I took. A little blurry, need to learn how to use the camera soon.
image26111.jpg
image26115.jpg
image26112.jpg
image26113.jpg
image26116.jpg

Let me know what you think and how you think they are doing. Hoping for some swelling soon to add weight to the limited buds they've got.

Is the small yield mostly related to the lockout situation or the small 3 gallon pot? Or something else entirely?

Ok, well I'm 4 days into week 7 and it's a good thing! The lockout is continuing with more leaves turning yellow at a fairly quick rate. I am going to try to chop them this week and move on.

Of course that will be difficult due to my mom having surgery tomorrow. Gotta clean up the scar tissue from where breast cancer USED to be but is no longer! She's still doing chemo but it's targeted now so she doesn't have all the chemo effects anymore, just the protection. They're really close to beating cancer. I think it's possible in our lifetimes to have cancer cured and weed legal, who would have imagined?

Just received my tent yesterday for my next grow which will be starting up in the next two weeks.

The next grows main project is a NL x BB that I intend to LST for two months while the autos I will plant finish. So if any of you LST experts want to guide me it'll be a big help. I'm just ready to move on to the next plants which I will not ignore the PH on for three months.

I just try some for the first time.
I am not to concerned growing them.
Most say to stay low on nutes.

Seeds you get everywhere just look at some sponsors here.

If the seeds are good you know if you try for me it was 5 of 10 .

Look at ACE seeds , Seedsman that was 5 of 5 for me.
And you should look at the on I forget to order -> Carnival

Ok theyve been chopped and given a bath. Here's what they looked like after I removed the fans.
image26477.jpg

Here's a few bud close ups. I will be a better photographer someday haha.
image26111.jpg
image26112.jpg
image26113.jpg

Then I washed them using Doc Buds method. They smell even better now as they dry.
image26475.jpg

I will give a dry weight and smoke report. I'm not to disappointed with the harvest. On to the next grow: Med Gom 1.0 autos, a Northern Lights x Big Bud, and probably a fast and vast auto since I have zero impulse control, under the platinum P300 start to finish this time.

Thank you. I think they look pretty good too despite not reaching their potential. The smell is amazing. The yield will probably only be about half an oz.

Since washed buds dry faster, and faster drying causes harsh tasting bud, does the washing help prevent the harsh taste? Is there a reason why the fast drying post washing is ok?

I said better not faster:grinjoint:, how fast you dry is more about rh temp and airflow.

They dry more even and taste better without that harsh taste.

You are right about the slow dry best is cold 65-68%rh

Well they are drying in a closet at about 45% humidity. It's about the best I can do in the arid ass Central Valley. Still drying so not too fast. I'm checking on it every couple hours. Stems are still bendy. Tested one small bud with a stem that snapped and it was surprisingly potent despite me being a daily smoker so I'm pumped. It tasted good too, must be the bid wash.

Stems were snappy today. I trimmed them up and jarred em. Probably got about a half oz. plus 5 joints I rolled with the trim. Smoked one and it was surprisingly potent so I'm happy. Gonna let the rest cure for a month and write a smoke report. This journal is complete! Thanks everyone who is left for the help!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom