My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

They're getting frosty now Chef! :slide:

So I was taking some close up pics of the girls, and discovered that the sugar leaves already have about 50% amber trichomes - I wasn't expecting to see any at all. But the buds, from what I can see, barely have any milky ones. Right now, they're at day 43 since the flip to 12/12.

5sqpaNY.jpg

3ctubIO.jpg

So I was taking some close up pics of the girls, and discovered that the sugar leaves already have about 50% amber trichomes - I wasn't expecting to see any at all. But the buds, from what I can see, barely have any milky ones. Right now, they're at day 43 since the flip to 12/12.

5sqpaNY.jpg

3ctubIO.jpg

It seems the sugar leaves are the first to develop trichomes, so it makes sense they mature first.

Unless they fatten up considerably over the next couple/few weeks, I'll probably get a pretty low yield from these 2 girls. As of right now, just by eyeballing what's there, I would estimate about 3/4 oz. dried weight if I were to harvest what's on there right now (both girls combined).

They're set to wake up in about 10 minutes. Hoping to see at least a little difference from yesterday.
Here they are - clone on the left and mother on the right. If you look at the clone, you can see it was originally the top from the mother when I topped her. I started training the clone, but stopped when I realized she would get too big for the type of training I wanted to do. You can see the base of the clone leaning towards the left and then upward. The longer upward cola would have been the main center cola on the mother originally.

jzVuQ2T.jpg

Gettin' close! About 90% of the trichomes are cloudy now, with about 80% amber on the sugar leaves. Shooting for about 20-30% amber on the buds for a nice head/body high. On closer inspection, I'm thinking the clone may be about a week behind the mother (even though technically they're the same age).

Trichs, Mom, and Daughter...

FukNQYo.jpg
1661026692924.png
1661026780051.png

Really nice pics Chef, that gives us a really good look at the trichs. Looking at the flowers overall - there are loads of new pistils pushing so she's definitely got time to go. :morenutes:

With a fresh wave of so many pistils coming through like that in late bloom i'd give her a nice feeding, she wants to put on more weight for you :headbanger:

With a fresh wave of so many pistils coming through like that in late bloom i'd give her a nice feeding, she wants to put on more weight for you :headbanger:
I water/feed them every time the leaves start to wilt a bit. I'm not sure if it's the newly added use of the molasses or not, but the buds are finally starting to plump up a bit and are starting to stack up nicely. They're not even very tall - quite short, actually. Maybe 15-18" tall? I'll take a pic with a ruler along side them later on today after the girls wake up.

So I got a little antsy and plucked off a lil ole popcorn nugg to try out. It should be dry enough on Friday for me. I won't smoke during the week, because I drive an Uber around downtown Boston during the day and can't take a chance on having any residual high leftover from the night before.

Freshly plucked
LGWC2Pm.jpg

Snipped off the fan and sugar leaves
K2IclMP.jpg

Drying out in the flower tent
muonoCP.jpg

I love your macro shots Chef. :high-five:
Nice looking tester. Enjoy it!
Sometime's i definitely wake up super blazed from the previous night so i get where you're coming from. :nomo:

Back
Top Bottom