The Genesis Controller

weedengineer

Hey guys,

I'm signed up for indiegogo's newsletter and they just sent out this sweet product. It's called the Genesis controller.... according to their indiegogo campaign it

" The Genesis Controller will constantly check on your plants throughout the day and make sure to feed them with up to 4 different nutrients, water, or pH solutions to make sure you plants are always growing their best and super healthy!"​
20130914154519-Genesis_Controller_Product_Photo.png

from what I can tell its meant to be used attached to your reservoir (I already have an AF-36 setup) and will automatically balance out your nute levels in the res.

It seems pretty cool to me and I've burned a few grow cycles by forgetting to check my EC readings and giving my babies some severe K burn.

Does anyone have any experience with systems like this or recommendations about a better system?

Thanks for the help! (posting on a forum is a little nerve racking, I've never really gone public about my experience)

Hey Rico, thanks for the welcome!

Haha yes, I just grabbed a picture from the indiegogo campaign page, I was hoping to get some advice on this sort of thing before potentially purchasing one.

I'm looking to fully automate my grow setup and a nutrient controller is the last thing on the list. And if i buy now i can get it for 500 which doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Do you have any experience with automated nutrient controllers??

I think 500 bucks could be much better spent, tbh.

I'm glad you replied, that post looked like spam from the kickstarters :)

You would be much better off reading up on hydroponics and people here who use it.

Or just remember to "check your EC readings" :thumb:

Haha not spam, Im just forgetful and want to fully automate my grows. Ok, I'll read around a bit more and see what people are using for automation... And if I do end up buying one of these guys I'll do a full grow log in january when it gets in.

Thanks for the help :Namaste:

hello weedengineer, and welcome to :420: not too long ago i was a complete newbie, but with help from several members here, i have become "fairly" knowledgeable about this wonderful plant and how to cultivate it successfully. i still have alot of questions, but when i need to know something there are several people here that always lend me their assistance and experiences

hey dankdragon,

I didn't mean to cross any boundaries with my post I was just looking for some opinions on a new product in the market. I'll be extra mindful of the forum rules in the future. Everything I've learned in my past grows was from a friend who has been in the business but now that I'm shifting exclusively to indoor grows I figured this would be the best place to come for advice.

If I want to post links in the future should I get them approved by a mod like yourself?

-weedengineer

i am not a moderator, just a member of this fine magazine i originally C&P that info from the guidelines under the forums tab up top. but i was informed i was incorrect to do so, hence the edit out, one thing i remember before i post, re-read my post, and make sure it complies with those guides... i typically keep the guidelines up in a separate window.. and if i, or someone else, feel something violates them, i edit my post

Holy moly. 3000 for a controller! That is a great piece of hardware though. The fact that its got its own webserver and zigbee integration is nothing to scoff at.

Definitely overkill for my purposes, but maybe for a large installation the cost would be worth it.

On the other hand its nutrient dosing abilities seem very similar to the Genesis controller so that gives me some affirmation that this could be a good purchase

I know it's very expensive for a hobby gardener, but man is it badass or what? ;)

Yes... that is one badass set up. And they have put together all the little accessories quite nicely.

I am envious... wish I could justify something like that. It would be cool just to sit back and watch it run.

I haven't personally attempted this, but I saw this on the 'Net...Hydrohomesoft. It's a DIY hydro control setup. The guy gives a pretty detailed explanation on how to pull it off, but it looks like you have to have a little smarts on electronics. Worth a look, and a lot cheaper than $3K.

Back
Top Bottom