The Next Generation - Chocoloupe & Goldleaf - 3rd Grow In The GreenThunder Tent

I'm not sure which suggestion you're referring to. My last suggestion would be no intake tube, just an opening. The tube would go from the light out of the tent. My only thought was it might get too cold, but adjustments in fan speed might take care of that.

Either way I think fans belong on the exhaust end of the equation.

LOL That was my first thought (after your first suggestion) but kinda in reverse.... I currently have the fan pushing air in.

I am literally laughing out loud :laugh:
I've noticed I'm having some trouble being understood at work... and at home. This circular conversation has me wondering about my communication skills. If you can laugh at yourself you'll never lack amusement

Yes I would definitely be pulling air through your light from an open source of open-source of Clean Air. I would definitely do what you suggested and have the fan pulling air through your Cool Tube and then exhausting out of your filter. The ability for the fan to draw air like that is called static pressure. All fans have a static pressure capacity. Yours is a 4"or a 6"? In either case, in a tent either will work. Now that the seasons are changing, the cooler LEDs are going to be key even for myself. I'll hook my MH fixture back up in fall. Make sure you tape all joints if odour is an issue. Also, having your fan on the outside of your tent will help with heat issues as well.

Yes I would definitely be pulling air through your light from an open source of open-source of Clean Air. I would definitely do what you suggested and have the fan pulling air through your Cool Tube and then exhausting out of your filter. The ability for the fan to draw air like that is called static pressure. All fans have a static pressure capacity. Yours is a 4"or a 6"? In either case, in a tent either will work. Now that the seasons are changing, the cooler LEDs are going to be key even for myself. I'll hook my MH fixture back up in fall. Make sure you tape all joints if odour is an issue. Also, having your fan on the outside of your tent will help with heat issues as well.
Another advantage of that setup (as opposed to a tube into the light and out to the fan) is that this will create a continual flow of fresh air over the plants, something that doesn't happen if the ventilation is dedicated to cooling just the light.

QB are the way of the future it seems!

If you can laugh at yourself you'll never lack amusement
So true :).

QB are the way of the future it seems!

I'm sold on them and am anxious to get another. The HPS would be best in a garage or basement setup.

Speaking of qb... I used a stepstool to get a top view of WWA (the closet sits on a set of built in drawers so the plants sit above my eye line) I found a bit of discoloration or leaf damage

I thought it might be light burn because it's only at the top (and the light was only about 8 inches above the plant) But could it be cal-mag deficiency? The NFTG nutes is calcium based but I've been out of bloom khaos, which I've recently learned is needed for the uptake of calcium. Also, there amount of mag is low but generally enough for most plants, however some strains will require more. I'll be adding a bit of epsom salt. Additionally, I've also heard that plants under the qb may require stronger feeding. Going to bump up to the next level (from mid flower to late flower)

Ok, Caught up and subb'd in. Since you visited my little seed post and have Golden Leaf, I'm in for the duration. Actually, I'm sending a shout out to my brother @FelipeBlu since we might be sharing some seeds. Not sure he has much interest in the Indica Dom Golden Leaf, but I certainly do. Pictures you have shared of the GL are beautiful. Thanks. :passitleft:

Last weekend I took a clone from Psycho

Hubby’s uncle built a shed for growing so I offered to cut some clones to get him started. Originally I planned to cut 3 but one was not looking good so I took 4.

Hubby told his uncle that the going rate for clones is $50 each.... :eek: and the guy didn’t even blink o_O I thought we were going to just gift them but this is a thing in their family… I’m staying out of it.
When I thought the wimpy one wouldn’t survive, I said he could have Agnes too, if he was set on wanting 4… and now he wants all 5!! I'll just take another for myself

Crowded tent! $50 clones sounds like a good business plan :).

Irony, I cant remember which thread I was on, but I was telling some of the peeps that my BF from high school wanted me to be like a NE hub for clones to be shipped... High end, he from Cali elite type of pinky up High Times reading growers.. Any way I listed a few of the strains, and they said they would never pay that much, possibly as much as 300 bucks per clone.... I didnt bother to argue, but some seeds and clones are really High priced, Genetics and all.. . Anyway, glad to see someone on here doesnt think it is a stupid idea.... I did just get some info on it, but i plan on posting it on my Thread later. So as not to high jack to much.... Green Days....

$50 clones sounds like a good business plan :).

Completely unexpected, on my part. Unc can afford it and like I said didn't even blink. I kinda think he'd be willing to take as many as I'd be willing to cut

I didnt bother to argue

My thought eexactly!

not to high jack to much

Highjack away! This intrigues me... selling clones?! Makes sense but I kinda thought 50 was pushing it.... $300!!! My tent is currently a gold mine!

I didn't have to take another clone, one conveniently snapped off for me.... though I would have opted for one from below not the top! We now have 6 for uncle and one for me (I'm keeping the original/first cut) I'm going to keep and care for his until the roots are established. Since he's paying I don't want to risk them dying, he's a complete noob and I don't know yet if he'll be willing to follow directions.

Psycho has an interesting top. Two branches off to the sides and two straight up

In the tent, we rotated the drip tray for easier extraction (hubby's request) and rearranged the three in front

In the closet, WWA is recovering and her buds are growing

WWA has many pistils turning orange and it seems to soon. 90 days from sprout and 40 days since pistils popped out. Maybe not too soon but I think the buds should be a bit more full. A quick peek at the trichs looks cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom