Katins's 2nd Micro Grow - White Widow Fem - 1 Square Foot Under LED

Dry weight

Jar weighs 685 g, so my harvest is 25 g. And that is crazy, considering how small my plant was... this one is beyond my comprehension.
The humidity in the jar has settled at 76%, so I guess I shall lose a gram or two in the curing process (tips on that are welcome). I am opening the jar 3 times a day, for 5 to 10 minutes. Not measuring the time.

Funny thing is, current buds look fluffier than the ones from previous grow, how come they weigh more...? :)
Excellent!!!!! More resin on the buds, is my guess for the higher weight. But I haven't a clue.

This is a 24 Volt board, and watts will depend on how many amps it receives. But you should not use it at more than 65W. If memory serves, the manufacturer also recomends sticking to the 65W max.
Regarding the umol, can't remember the exact number but it was something like 1.6 umol/W

Typically, individual LED's are rated by a forward voltage (always the same) and an amperage range to make them light up. Wattage is a variable depending the input voltage and the amperage. W=V*A. The board manufacturer should tell you the maximum forward voltage and the maximum ampere rating for the board.
I don't understand the 1.6umol/w number? Normally the umol output for a grow light is measured in PPFD. Can someone help me understand what 1.6umol/w means in PPFD? Just curious.

TTKLaus

Typically, individual LED's are rated by a forward voltage (always the same) and an amperage range to make them light up. Wattage is a variable depending the input voltage and the amperage. W=V*A. The board manufacturer should tell you the maximum forward voltage and the maximum ampere rating for the board.
I don't understand the 1.6umol/w number? Normally the umol output for a grow light is measured in PPFD. Can someone help me understand what 1.6umol/w means in PPFD? Just curious.

TTKLaus

Hi TT, like I said, it is a 24 volt board. The rest you can put into equation. If it is a 24 V board, and one should not run it higher than 65W means the amperage must not exceed 2.7 amps. I am running it at approx half it's power because of temp control issues. My driver is 24 V and 2.7 amps, but I added a resistance, to avoid PWM dimming, because it shortens the lifespan of an LED.

1.6 umol/w means it gives 1.6 micromoles of ppfd per watt of energy. Thus 65*1.6=104 micromoles per square meter, per second. That is the average efficiency, ofcourse. The actual ppfd will be bigger directly under the lights and gradually getting lower going away from the center. And if memory serves, this 1.6 number was calculated after testing it in 4x4 tent.

I reserve the right to be wrong, just in case :)

My driver is 24 V and 2.7 amps, but I added a resistance, to avoid PWM dimming, because it shortens the lifespan of an LED.

I've never heard this before, but I agree if the pwm is going to the peak voltage, it will kill it. But you would be much more effective if you put a capacitor in parallel instead of a resistor inline. You are effectively cutting your amperage with a resistor. A capacitor would smooth out the pwm to a direct DC voltage without any peaks or valleys and without any current loss. You would need to know your PWM frequency and max voltage to pick the right capacitor.

Just an idea.

I've never heard this before, but I agree if the pwm is going to the peak voltage, it will kill it. But you would be much more effective if you put a capacitor in parallel instead of a resistor inline. You are effectively cutting your amperage with a resistor. A capacitor would smooth out the pwm to a direct DC voltage without any peaks or valleys and without any current loss. You would need to know your PWM frequency and max voltage to pick the right capacitor.

Just an idea.

Ofcourse it is not very signifficant when not going full throttle on wattage, but pullsing is never a good thing. That's just paranoid me :)
Regarding the capacitor, I just happened to have a resistance lyig around, and it does the job :)

Hey K - nice haul! That should keep you happy while the next one grows :rollit:

I think you want them a little drier before you start the cure - holding at 62-65% while in the jar is ideal, I'm pretty sure. If it were me - I'd leave the jar open for some hours and then close it up with the hygrometer again for 5hours or so & keep testing until it gets to lower than 65% with the lid on (you need to wait a long time for the RH in the jar to stabilise to an accurate reading...

@Greg Mendel And yeah Nebula Haze... :love::Namaste: read her stuff... :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom