The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Hi all

I have two BF Gorilla Zkittlez's that broke the soil surface today. My plan was to scrog them, but due to several issues (I don't really have a good sized frame atm and the hanging of the scrog frame is difficult in my closet) I have started to think about quadlining. My question is, does a quadline grow yield less than a scrog? I would think that in a scrog you get shorter but denser buds, where as in a quadline there is more height and thus the light doesn't penetrate so far? Thanks!

Hi all

I have two BF Gorilla Zkittlez's that broke the soil surface today. My plan was to scrog them, but due to several issues (I don't really have a good sized frame atm and the hanging of the scrog frame is difficult in my closet) I have started to think about quadlining. My question is, does a quadline grow yield less than a scrog? I would think that in a scrog you get shorter but denser buds, where as in a quadline there is more height and thus the light doesn't penetrate so far? Thanks!
Hi Crane! I have done both styles and I’ll say they are quite similar, but the quad keeps four big mains, which add tremendously to the final weights. The other benefit, and as Ase has said before, is that under a scrog net, you can’t move the plants at all, but with the quad style, you get a scrog-like result, but you’re able to move them if you need to. They are both fun training methods, so you can’t go wrong - and that’s my 2¢.

Thanks! I might very well end up going with a quadline, there is so much going up in my life atm that any route of less resistance is welcome :) I run a Mars Hydro Pro II Cree 350w light: is light penetration between a HDS and LED a real thing?
I’m watching a side by side experiment on Instagram right now about that very question! - Nebula Haze of grow weed easy. I can’t remember which mars hydro Ase runs, it might be the same as yours?

Hi all

Quadlining is essentially a “screen-less scrog” where the plants maintain a low but wide structure with great support! If you don’t stay on top of tying down they can get lanky but that’s all apart of the training! I would definitely recommend trying out the quadline!!

Interesting! Which IG address?
Grow weed easy. It’s just gotten started, so you haven’t missed anything so far. She’s using viparspectra lights - which is a new sponsor on here. They’re also the lights I have, so I’m so intrigued to see what happens.

For me , Hands down quadlining over a scrog. O
i loved scrogging but as mentioned , the net setting can get to be a pain and the spreading out takes so long to fill compared. On the penetration thing too. I have spent decades swearing by HPS and its benefit over LED but i can honestly say i have a great big ostrich egg on my face now.. I made the switch this grow to 2 Mars Hydro TlS-2000 's and they are spanking my old set up in every way. I have to admit i was a lazy grower on the use of all available photons but with 1200w to use it was of little significance i think. seeing the difference between the two has been a slap right in my fizzhog !
Still only 5/6days flowering to see now but i know how much more advanced these budlets are at this stage compared. Due to quadlining my mains are at 25-27inches and the LED is reaching the lower growth despite my needing to defol still. Hope this all makes sense and is my experience only, not trying to preach.

Quick update on my quad lined plants.
Its day 88 from seed & day 38 from flipping 12/12. Well everything is going fantasic. Soil plant is ahead of the dwc plant still at this stage. Buds are everywhere and are starting to frost up nicely & are smelling great. :peace:
IMG_2111_LI.jpg
IMG_2114_LI.jpg
IMG_2115_LI.jpg
IMG_2112.JPG
:drool::welldone::nerd-with-glasses::passitleft::cough::420:

Post stretch defoliation for my quadlined autos (Day 50). Maybe could have done this on all of them except the Northern Lights about a week ago but I just waited for her to finish stretching and did them all at once. It worked out for my schedule better that way.

UK Cheese
Lemon
Northern Lights
Purple Skunk Mass

Post stretch defoliation for my quadlined autos (Day 50). Maybe could have done this on all of them except the Northern Lights about a week ago but I just waited for her to finish stretching and did them all at once. It worked out for my schedule better that way.

UK Cheese
Lemon
Northern Lights
Purple Skunk Mass
Great example of the defol that is possible as well as your method ase. Looking good

Hi, I have started my first attempt at growing. I bought this GG4 clone on 7/5 and transplanted it to the 3 gal pot on 7/16. The plant is really taking off. The top of the plant was to the bottom of the blue tape when I transplanted it. It looks like it is time to stat quadlining it. If I am reading everything correctly I should clip off everything above and below the oval in the drawing? Does that look about right? I think I should trim the bottom of the plant first and wait a couple of days to do the top, is that correct.

Thank you for any help. The plant is doing really well and I don't want to mess it up. I took one picture with the flash off to see if it would help.

IMG_1616a.jpg
IMG_1617.JPG

Hi, I have started my first attempt at growing. I bought this GG4 clone on 7/5 and transplanted it to the 3 gal pot on 7/16. The plant is really taking off. The top of the plant was to the bottom of the blue tape when I transplanted it. It looks like it is time to stat quadlining it. If I am reading everything correctly I should clip off everything above and below the oval in the drawing? Does that look about right? I think I should trim the bottom of the plant first and wait a couple of days to do the top, is that correct.

Thank you for any help. The plant is doing really well and I don't want to mess it up. I took one picture with the flash off to see if it would help.

IMG_1616a.jpg
IMG_1617.JPG

If your plant is growing strong and is healthy most of the time they can take the topping and node removal together at once. Sometimes people like to space them out to reduce the amount of stress or shock a plant endures but from the looks of it yours should be fine!

I would suggest taking your time though if this is your first plant and experience your first grow!! Do some node removal let her recover and then top her!

Off to a good start!

IMG_1616a.jpg
IMG_1617.JPG
It’s a little trickier to see in the pic with a clone. Just make sure to leave 4 arms with some good growth and then top the rest. That’s a good looking clone, it should handle it well.

Back
Top Bottom