The Vault & Ace Seeds Banji Haze Giveaway RDWC By Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Hello and welcome to my grow.

I was lucky enough to win some free seeds from The Vault Seed Bank.

These beans are Ace Seeds Banji Haze.

I am only limited to 4 plants here in the north , so that’s what we’re doing.

Going to be using botanicare nutrients with 600 watts off led power.

4 beans were started in oasis cubes , no presoak , just soaked the oasis and postioned like a tulip bulb, point up.

Everything was going great but one got a bit confused burying itself deeper.
After extraction and repositioning she headed out with the helmet stuck on her head and died short there after.

So started a new bean the exact same way 6 days ago.

She’s the lady on the back left.

FCBAA2AB-CDBC-445B-8B02-DB541F26E744.jpeg

If your very picky you can see some differences .
The front right plant is a bit droopy on its bottom set of leaves .
Since I don’t have my drips set up yet I missed a squirting and she dried out on me , mind you I have had the lights cranked up showing them what’s in store.
Since then I have toned it down a bit and she has come from this to what you see above.

A8BA881C-AB44-40BA-847C-8A218C242DC1.jpeg

ph 6.1 and ec of just under .6 at 290 ppm.
This would work out to 1/3 strength off bottle recommendations .
10 ml calmag, 30ml veg in 6 gallons .
two air stones
I was going to start hydroguard tonight and cut some more holes in my totes for the bulkheads , drain and air hose.

That’s all for the time being.

Good evening.

Most of the plants are doing very well.

The one that I dried out has not grown much since but still alive.
After further review I did not have it deep enough to maintain dampness.

So I have made an adjustment and hope to see some improvement over the weekend.

Ppm have gone down 10 which is a good thing.

Only visible roots from the 7.5 day old.

ph 5.85 280ppm

That’s all for today

5699D19D-3D7D-41EC-BC51-3F5DD43E2D3C.jpeg

32B2613C-BB9B-4573-9A5C-1CEEBF70B7C3.jpeg

Good day Everyone.

Still having a few issues with from 1st to worst.

I had to remove one plant as it’s having issues with rooting.

The rest are doing well with the back to extremely well as there root have touch the nutrients.

Once the tap root hits the leaves lift to a 30 degree angle , telling me they ❤️ it.

The 4th one is still alive but very stubborn to get her root on , so I have taken her to another location to keep her warm and humid to try and get her root on.

Hoping by weeks end to have her back in the tote , until I get this rdwc assembled.

Enjoy

B803C4BB-8BD8-41B6-A3B1-1D34A6B36671.jpeg

262755B5-09CB-49FA-9DE1-5B3F89C1C769.jpeg

F674DE03-1870-4153-8EB1-9C77F793517D.jpeg

Good afternoon 420mag and it’s members.

The Banji Haze are plugging along , some way better than others but overall , there alive.

My fertilizer was very close but tried a bit of grow with my calmag still at only 300 parts , some being ok while others just stopped .

So after a lockout I believe I have one returned with roots and hoping this time it can take off .

Since this issue I have dumped my tote and preaty much mimicked @ Tokin Roll fertilizer stance , using primary calmag and the rest off the items on the list.

My plants touching the water were praying before now, there almost jumping.
So I have that resolved , now.

The next ? Is this hydroguard. I had issues with my last run and am putting the puzzle together for this one , but I’m still short the chiller.

But trust me I have something coming, lol

Work doesn’t leave me much time and it’s a small project to build one of the rdwc systems.

Back to the Guard. I know @Tokin Roll runs it .

Would @Rexer , @Bill284 ,@West Hippie or anyone else use it.

have been running 12ml of it in my tote of 6 Gallons.

But this morning I believe I have a very small amount of a brown reddish colour slim and I thought the guard would eat that up.

Now this guard is difficult it find here but there is one place it can be sourced .

When I suck it up in syringe and look at it , it’s water with a few white specs floating inside.

Shook the bottle up . Looking inside bottle , looks primarily water but there was a very small brown spot , figured this could be a collection of bacteria’s, not sure this is why I would ask.

What’s your produce look like.

Also thank you for any insight.

Pic from this morning with miss wilty.

9ADCF87D-0BDE-4308-996E-99DD94C044EB.jpeg

Hey Smokey!

I think your lid may be the cause of the slime. Those yellow tote lids let light through, give it a solid black paint to help light seal it.

Hydroguard I've only gotten my hands on once, it's too price prohibitive here. Mine looked like nice clear water.

Alternatives that I found that work:

#1) Orca- I'd pick this over hydroguard any day of the week. Pair it with some Myco chum (hard to find at a decent price) for a knockout combo.

#2) Root builder (made by green planet). Same bacteria as hydroguard, much cheaper around here. I'm using it now, but I also have a chiller (which I just unplugged and plugged in a heater)

Those are the only other two for beneficials that I've used, and liked. I'm still a relatively new grower.

Then there is the flip side of the coin- go sterile. Get some food grade H202 and thick rubber gloves. It's a tried and proven method.

Can you snap some pics of the roots in natural light?

That one pic of the seedling with the burnt tips....I dunno. Hopefully one of the others can help there, but if that's the seedling with slime on the roots, good call isolating her.

Edit- corrected name of products

No sterile here.

I like this idea of beneficials and it will work. And yes it’s expensive but with fedex returning returning a bottle of southern ag , that’s the only choice I have found other than bio clean and yes it works just a bit foamy and leaves a residue as it’s like dried oatmeal.

I was thinking the lid also and this is just temporary for a few more days while I finish gluing this pipe together.

We’re would one source these item you mention in #1 here in Canada.

Thank again

I can get a picture a bit later this eve.

I'm in Canada, it all applies for up here.
Hit up bezos (aka the 'Zon) for them, the Root builder your local hydro store might even have.

I've used those totes before, hence I know it leaks light badly.

What's happening @Smokey0418

I read that you are having some water issues.

What kind of temperatures fluctuations are you having in your reservoir?
Have you thought about frozen bottles of water in the res. ?
Have you thought about heat soon?

It helps knowing that you are in Canada, I apologize most of the time when I write something down like solution additives; I fail to list possible alternatives. I'm in the US and sometimes forget the vast membership that @420 Magazine has around the world.

@Rexer Thank you and excellent suggestion.

Something when you transfer the seedling to the basket and it under preforms in the group; all you need to do is continue top spraying to encourage the stalled or blocked tap root growth.

When you get the some time, take lots of image of the roots and plants, all of them.
Do you have a list of questions that you are not sure of?

We can figure this out, help us help you.

Tok..

Thank you @Tokin Roll for looking.

After reading through your journal there were a few times I was trying to understand how much water you were using , then started to look how much guard you put in a figured 2ml per gallon. (3.5 gallons on the four gallon bucket)

So that’s what I went off.

I haven’t really looked at my water temp , can’t be as high as summer but I do heat the garage so maybe I may need some chillin this winter.

I have most of that completed also , but really needed to concentrate on the assembly of this rdwc then I will source the coil and glycol to finish this other project.

I just seen that stuff on my roots at a quick glance this morning and was thinking what to he heck.
Even with the yellow top I figured it would be squeaky clean in there.

So hopefully just the lid is the issue and a few more days and everything else will come together.

If I end up I more trouble I will be sure to shout out, lol.

Thanks for stopping by.

Water temp is 69.8
Ph 5.95
Ppm would be 300 this would be 230 calmag and then 70 grow as I did not see and phosphate nor potash so I added a tiny bit .
This includes 12 ml of guard
5 ml of rapid root and silica

After changing to this solution they seem like happy campers.

Just a tough go getting roots through the Pellets.
On a couple with the littlest drying out falling over and needing removal to get rooting.

There is something on the roots , it’s not trouble yet.

But it will be.

9FCB5CBA-4E13-4FF5-9368-9D2CBE628090.jpeg

45FE2C87-FF06-4487-AF19-310929D6F3FA.jpeg

C3F5E5F1-B6A8-4B93-B26C-773E31CF5EC8.jpeg

The front left plant aka troublemaker , I just put her back into basket so I have yet to see anything yet.

From what she looked like this morning , small growth, I think that ones going to take off.

Now ms wilty in the front right. Well she has been in that state for a couple weeks.

She has not wanted to root down into the water which is a bit confusing.

I pulled her out of cup two days ago , lots off short roots from bottom but yet no go.

Planted deeper , inpatient as all get out I pull it again, this time I planted deep enough that it’s in.

From the pictures I can see she has just barely lifted her leaves so I am hoping that she starts coming around as the seedling that’s only 2 weeks old is rocking back there.

The roots have me worried so to be honest I have put in some bio clean.

When I used it the last time I had a mess on my hands and it worked like a champ , it’s just the oatmeal type substance it’s mixed with , leaves a residue .

But when I looked is doing something in there for sure and I betting on something good, lol

Not too sure about this hydroguard. I don’t need slime on my roots.

Changed water 2 days ago to get a closer mixture and was just over a week with last.

That would be about it this morning .

Back
Top Bottom