Thin Mint - GSC - Group Grow

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much for the reply. I went ahead and transplanted it yesterday about noon time. Here is a photo taken about 6:30......he or she is looking much happier to me. It did have an abundance of roots. Maybe not what I would consider root bound, but a lot of roots. When the lights come on this morning if it still looks this happy I'll be tickled.

0013734.jpg

There ya go beez. :high-five: It's a she. Look at the blossoms coming in. At this stage you can identify the sex. A female will sprout the blossoms nice and symmetrically placed in the crook of the branches. A male shoots them off to the side, because he's gonna blast you with a bunch of pollen sacs and they need to catch the wind for effective pollination.

>>>When does the plant show sex? I tried to gather info about pre flowers for last grow, but that bag seed plant was showing me 2 split hairs before it grew out into a leaf/branch.

6-8 weeks from seed. I've never had one take longer than that to show pistils.

>>>Can you show me how to screen genders with pre flowers or whatever other method there is to determine gender early?

Here are girls:
20130927_220208-1-1.jpg
20130927_220107-1.jpg

Here's a boy (actually this is a girl with a pollen sac):
MalePollenSack.jpg

See the difference?

I'm not certain I'd flush it. The color looks good. If it were mine I'd let her dry out for a day or two. It's my policy to let them go to slight wilt before I water the first time in bloom. From then on it's on a strict schedule, but the adjustment to the light change can sometimes make them droopy.

If it doesn't perk up I'd do the flush, but not right now. I've seen this happen from time to time in my own garden. She's a nice size beez. Wait until she bursts out in blossoms. This chemo was one of the biggest producers in my garden over the last year. I made brownies recently and they taste minty. :yahoo:

Very distinctively minty. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_589811.JPG

Imagine my joy. Lol! The buzz is very happy and bouncy. I feel as though I'm walking a foot off the ground when I have a brownie. :laughtwo: Mighty potent goods. It's got to be in the mid 20s in THC potential. I'll definitely grow another when supplies dwindle.

I'm so happy that you ended up a very nice yield and it is one of my favorite strains ever!!!! The minty undertones and the killer heady buzz made me fall
In love!! The Xmas cookies are just as good of a yielder as the thin mint!!! Hope you enjoy!!!!! And yes I'm back no more growing again oh boy what a bad bad few mo that I have had but things are on the up side now !!!!'n

Back
Top Bottom