Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Hello, growers! I have nothing new to report.

I wasn't going to post today, but I'm a senior citizen and this virus kinda' has me on lock down. That's right, I'm being extra careful, not going out unless I have to, shopping late when the stores are not crowded, washing my hands like I just finished changing a babies diaper and all the rest. If I were to catch the virus and die before I get to try these plants I'm growing, well, I would just die.

So here I sit. Computer on, 420mag on the screen and no one around to talk me out of posting something. :Rasta:

Three of these plants are nearing their end date. I can't imagine the Zkit (day 76) going any more than another 5-10 days. The Purple Lemonade and Dark Devil are both on day 63, so maybe 3 more weeks for them.

So as the monkey said right after they cut off his tail, "It won't be long now."

The Zkit has been a special girl. Those of you who have followed this thread know that I decapitated her early in her growth. Basically I broke off nodes 4 through 6 (I think). I was tempted to throw her away after that blunder, but I didn't. She responded by not growing any taller. She stayed a squat little plant of no more than 7 inches in height.

She did develop some fat buds though - short fat buds that start right above the soil and rise thickly 5 to 7 inches above the soil layer. Some might see this as a waste of grow-light and nutrients, but I couldn't be happier that she was able to produce something after I tried to kill her! :Rasta:

The runt fought through:

P1020922.JPG

Later!
Love the look of that little lady, had a few people tell me to throw out mine too, I think it's a bigger waste to give up on a plant. Because who knows what you get after a little fumble you might have come up with a new way to get mass-producing plants

Excellent looking runt! My LST autos often stay that low, and I think if you had grown it straight up the colas wouldn't have been that fat.

Stay safe GDB.
Thanks, Shed. You can LST and keep them that low? That's interesting. I think I could do about 15 plants in my 4x4 if I could keep them that size in 2 or 3 gallon pots. I'd like to try that, but I don't want to start a bunch of plants and then behead them early. You got a thread on how to grow runts? I know you do! :Rasta:

Hello growers!

I'm having problems staying out of the tent. Why do I keep opening it and looking in when I know nothing has changed? Gotta work on that. :Rasta:

Why do I keep hitting the "Post reply" icon when I really have nothing to report? Gotta work on that too. :Rasta:

Here are a few trich pics of the Purple Lemonade just because I can. :laughtwo:

Snap_001.jpg

Snap_002.jpg

Snap_003.jpg

Later!

Grand Daddy Black digging the trich on your Purple Lemonade. :yummy:

Those are some nice looking buds on the girl, GDB. I decided to pop more seeds. As, soon as I start my new journal, I'll @ ya.:surf::bong:
I'll be looking forward to it!

Grand Daddy Black my Journal is up and running. I have to get some solo cups ready. I went and started 12 beans. :eek: Happy growing
thanks! I'll be watching. :Rasta:

Hello growers! Happy St. Patrick's Day. I've been surrounded by green things all this morning! :Rasta:

Feeding day today.

First up was the thirsty girl, a 55 day-old Chocolate Skunk auto. She got 4L @MC 6.0 (an increase of .5) and 1g of Sweet Candy.

I now suspect I've been underfeeding her. I think that for about a week she has been telling me she wanted more nutes. She has had about 6 lower and mid-range leaves go yellow and die. I thought that the ceiling for MC was 6 and I thought it too early in life to give that much to the Skunk. But after getting input from 420 members, I now know the ceiling is likely 6.5. So increased the dosage for greedy and I'll see if she likes it!

Chocolate Skunk

P1020936.JPG

P1020935.JPG

Next up was the runt Zkit. At 80 days-old, she got watered to runoff with 2L @ MC 5.5, 1g SC and 1g of Bud Explosion. She's full of cloudy trichs but shows little amber. I wonder if her less than ideal upbringing may have affected her ability to produce amber. Maybe this is the best she can do. Anyway, in the very near future, she's going to be in the way. She'll be coming down, amber or not. :Rasta:

Zkit

P1020943.JPG

Both the Dark Devil (day 67) and the Purple Lemonade (67) were watered to runoff with 2.5L each @ MC 5.5, 1g SC and 1g BE.

For anyone who is curious about the effects of using the GLN supplements, I offer this. Some of the earlier posts I've read seemed to suggest that using them would likely lead to disaster. And some suggested that they were a waste of time even if they didn't lead to disaster, because they wouldn't improve anything.

I can dispel the first theory. If properly used (well, my idea of properly) and used at the right time, they won't screw with the plants (or at least the strains represented here). I feel the need to qualify a lot of what I say on this subject. As to the second theory, that they're pretty much snake oil, well, I have no way of gauging whether that is true or not. I don't know what effect the supplements have had on my plants. I just know the plants don't seem to "dislike" the stuff.

Since I've spent money to get 'em, I will continue to use 'em until a plant shows me a reason not to. Or until someone's identical clone comparison grow (side by side, MC only vs. MC + other stuff) shows them to be worthless. :Rasta:

Dark Devil

P1020946.JPG

Purple Lemonade

P1020944.JPG

P1020945.JPG

Later! Thanks for stopping by!

For a while the Chocolate Skunk was my favorite, but now it's the DDA. I do like the coloring on the Lemonade, but that DDA has my eye now.
Thanks, Shed! I won't tell the Skunk what you said. :Rasta:

Hello growers, and hang in there!

Watering day again. Almost all watered to runoff.

Chocolate Skunk (Day 59) got 4.5L @MC 6.0, 1g Sweet Candy and 1g Bud Explosion. This is the first time dosing her with the Bud Explosion. She is budding up nicely and throwing out chocolate-colored pistils now.

P1020959.JPG

The Purple Lemonade got 2.4L @MC 6.0, 1g SC and 1g BE. She continues to get frostier.

P1020967.JPG

The Dark Devil got 2.9L @MC 6.0, 1g SC and 1g BE. Licking my chops.

P1020964.JPG

The Zkit, bless her heart, was put into my dark closet this morning. I'll let her stay there for a day or so and then chop her down. I might try to take some trich pics before I chop her.

Be safe, everyone.

Buds looking thick! Going to be a great harvest. What day are you? 59 flower or 59 days total?
Thanks, 780. The Chocolate is day 59 total (the DD and Lemonade are day 77 total).

Hey GDB nice plants! The purple lemonade is damn gorgeous.

The Zkittles is super short I actually think it's well trained haha accident or not.

Question what day of flower did you start the BE? Because your days are your total days i can't tell when your flowering cycle started sorry if I missed it.

They look great.
Thanks, Havoc. I just gauge autos by the number of days, not days flowering. All of the plants were well into flower before I started the BE. I tried to wait until about 60 days.

Back
Top Bottom