Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Did you give the peyote seed a poke? Sometimes they’re stuck on the surface cause of the tension of the water.

oh hey, there’s an aspect of photos we have even mentioned yet.
The ability to take clones and hold cultivars! You can take and save a cutting of each plant before you flower them. Just put them in a cup soil in a spot with light (I use my bathroom). Once you’ve tried all the moms they came from you can keep your favorites and always have the same product going!

in the future, I can walk you through the steps of creating a bonsai mom! You can keep them in a solo cup worth of dirt, and they’ll give you 8-12 new clones every couple of weeks. I just took cuttings off my Star Pupil mom. She’s probably given me 20 clones already. She’s still in a solo cup.

Did you give the peyote seed a poke? Sometimes they’re stuck on the surface cause of the tension of the water.

oh hey, there’s an aspect of photos we have even mentioned yet.
The ability to take clones and hold cultivars! You can take and save a cutting of each plant before you flower them. Just put them in a cup soil in a spot with light (I use my bathroom). Once you’ve tried all the moms they came from you can keep your favorites and always have the same product going!

in the future, I can walk you through the steps of creating a bonsai mom! You can keep them in a solo cup worth of dirt, and they’ll give you 8-12 new clones every couple of weeks. I just took cuttings off my Star Pupil mom. She’s probably given me 20 clones already. She’s still in a solo cup.

Hey, Chef! Yeah, I poked the peyote quite a bit and even held in down under the water for about a minute. It just wanted to float. Come the next day, I check the cup and the tap root has popped completely out of its shell! She's buried in soil now in a 1 gallon fabric pot.

And yeah, I up on cloning. My space is so limited, however, that it's not a high priority. That probably will change when I'm able to set up a second tent. Plus, I love variety and enjoy going from strain to strain. With so many to choose from, browsing an online seedbank is better than being in a candy store when I was a kid! :Rasta: Now if I happen upon a photo strain that really rocks my world, I would certainly clone it. Like if I can ever get some Ghost Train Haze and it's as good as described, I would definitely clone it! (Those are some damn hard seeds to find in fem.)

Still, I am excited about growing photos. Thanks for the nudge! :Rasta:

Sometimes after being in H2O2 at the beginning my seeds won't sink (from the bubbles), but they still seem to sprout either way.

Do you root trim and replant every so often? I have a Candida that looks like this:
Yeah I plan to do it every 6 months or so. Wow her root system looks really healthy even that cramped.

I’d probably prune more, but I don’t even need the amount of cuttings I get with pruning every 6 months. I’ve been giving out Star Pupil clones to all my buddies.

Hey, Chef! Yeah, I poked the peyote quite a bit and even held in down under the water for about a minute. It just wanted to float. Come the next day, I check the cup and the tap root has popped completely out of its shell! She's buried in soil now in a 1 gallon fabric pot.

And yeah, I up on cloning. My space is so limited, however, that it's not a high priority. That probably will change when I'm able to set up a second tent. Plus, I love variety and enjoy going from strain to strain. With so many to choose from, browsing an online seedbank is better than being in a candy store when I was a kid! :Rasta: Now if I happen upon a photo strain that really rocks my world, I would certainly clone it. Like if I can ever get some Ghost Train Haze and it's as good as described, I would definitely clone it! (Those are some damn hard seeds to find in fem.)

Still, I am excited about growing photos. Thanks for the nudge! :Rasta:
The problem is you never know until you smoke the product, and at that point it’s too late! Better to take a clone and not regret it later. But I know what you mean. I’ve got 40 strains in my collection. I haven’t popped even 25%.

Yeah I plan to do it every 6 months or so. Wow her root system looks really healthy even that cramped.

I’d probably prune more, but I don’t even need the amount of cuttings I get with pruning every 6 months. I’ve been giving out Star Pupil clones to all my buddies.

The problem is you never know until you smoke the product, and at that point it’s too late! Better to take a clone and not regret it later. But I know what you mean. I’ve got 40 strains in my collection. I haven’t popped even 25%.
I hear ya' @ChefDGreen! I usually buy seeds in 3-packs and drop 2. It would be just my luck to smoke up some bomb buds that I'd love to clone and then be unable to get the third seed to pop, or to grow it to find it has no resemblance to the first pheno! That would be so normal. :Rasta:

I try to take clones of everything before I flip, and I'm finally learning to get rid of the ones that aren't keepers. Luckily I have a couple of growers to take clones off my hands. I hate tossing them out.
Makes sense, @InTheShed. But, I haven't been able to convince any of my old, pot-head friends to start growing. I have no one to pass clones along to. I got into to this hobby so late in life that I'm pretty much flying solo, except for all of the great folks on this site! Maybe I'll visit a few Senior Citizen's homes and do some recruiting. :Rasta:

Hello growers! It was a nice day here today, with a high temp of 61F. And I spent nearly the entire day indoors piddling with my girls and reading 420! :Rasta:

It was watering day for the group today. And a large chunk of the day I've been reading posts where you Mega Crop growers are feeding at much higher doses of MC than I have been, and you starting doing it early on in your plants life, and your plants look great! Reading so many posts like this have been tough on the old man. I'm always on the MC thread, why haven't I noticed this until now?

Anyway, I am trying to catch up without going overboard (and I can't wait to start my next MC grow).

Also, I've gotten over my doubts about using the supplements (Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion). After several weeks of using this on a single plant I haven't seen any reason not to use it on the rest of them. I don't know if it's going to improve things but I don't see it doing any harm. (Actually, I do think I've seen evidence of improvement, but I can't prove it to be true.)

So all were watered to runoff. Here is what they got:

Purple Lemonade (day 54): 3L @MC5 and 1g each SC and BE.

Zkit (day 66): 2L @MC5 and 1g each SC and BE.

Dark Devil (day 54) 2.5L @MC5 and 1g each SC and BE.

Chocolate Skunk (day 41) 3L @MC5

The Purple L is looking much better, and has mostly got her nice green back. I'm just waiting to see how the increased MC will help her in the end.

The Zkit has some fat buds, just not that many. She said she's doing the best that she can.

I really struggled with the decision to give the supplements to the Dark Devil. I've read numerous opinions about it not needing or particularly liking high Nitrogen levels. Then I read a few posts about how they do like high Nitrogen. And of course, if you've been in the MC arena you know that opinions on the supplements vary widely, as well. The lack of a consensus about this particular plant led me to take a leap of faith. And I'm not increasing the N with the extra stuff.

I'm not anticipating any problems (who does?), but if there's anything I can do to get this DD to swell up even more, I'm gonna try it! :Rasta:

Just a few pics.

Dark Devil. This is the last pic of her before she got the Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion. Maybe I can track what happens via photos.

P1020897.JPG

Chocolate Skunk. I have never grown a plant this tall before. (Stop laughing!) So I plan to have to use some mega brain power trying to figure out how to get it under control and maximize the buds sites. I'm at a disadvantage because I haven't done anything to her but let her grow and clean off the bottom. And I'm at a disadvantage because I'm now on mega brain power. I think I can still do a little something though. Any suggestions are welcome! :Rasta:

P1020899.JPG

My Photo Project.

One of my photo seeds (Tangerine Dream) broke through the soil today. No sight of the other 2 yet. I'll be starting my photo grow journal as soon as I know what I'll be working with.

Later!

The only thing I would do to the CSkunk is supercrop if you run out of headroom. Otherwise I don't think I'd touch it!
Music to my ears, @InTheShed. Deep down, I really don't want to mess with it. I doubt that I'll run out of headroom so I'm going with what you say. Mega brain power off! :Rasta:

Hello growers and Happy Friday!

Not much to report today. All the plants are looking content. The Purple Lemonade survived a near catastrophe the other day when I lost my balance in the tent and, basically, sat on her. I only super-cropped a few branches so no real harm done. I was lucky that Mrs. Grand Daddy was nearby to help pull me up off of her or the damage would have been a lot worse. :Rasta: I need to rearrange my tent a little. My humidifier is too hard to reach.

I thought my Zkit would be ready to take down by now, but I'm seeing no more amber now than I did about a week ago. The runt is plenty frosty though.

A few close-ups of her:

Snap_004.jpg

Snap_003.jpg

Later!

Great frost and a new method of supercropping! I may need to update my thread ;).
I don't recommend the super crop method. There are less exciting ways to do it! :laughtwo:

Hello growers! Happy DST day in the US!

Watering day here.

Dark Devil (Day 58) watered to runoff with 2L @ MC 5.25 and 1g Sweet Candy and 1g Bud Explosion.
Purple Lemonade watered to runoff with 3L @ MC 5.25 and 1G SC and 1g BE.

The thirsty girl, Chocolate Skunk (Day 48), was watered to runoff yesterday with 3L # MC 5.25 (+ .25 increase).

The Zkit seems to have stopped drinking for the most part. She's nearly done and I didn't water her today.

A few pics:

Purple Lemonade. I think she's as tall as she's gonna get. Now it's just a matter of how fat the buds get. I really believe that the early under-feeding of MC had a negative impact on the development of this one.

P1020904.JPG

P1020905.JPG

Dark Devil

She's also as tall as she is going to get. Just watching bud growth, which is pretty impressive. This is a "different" kind of plant.

P1020908.JPG

P1020909.JPG

The runt Zkit. Last night was a big amber night for her. Loupe inspection this morning revealed a lot more amber than was there yesterday. I might try to water her one more time during this week before eventually shutting her down.

P1020912.JPG

Later!

Just passing through to see some color from a Purple Lemonade. I'm about 30 days behind you and they are just starting to pre-flower. I've got a pair of Strawberry Cheesecakes too. Looks like we're playing with some of the same strains. Also using Mega Crop, but I have my own way of supplementing it.

Just passing through to see some color from a Purple Lemonade. I'm about 30 days behind you and they are just starting to pre-flower. I've got a pair of Strawberry Cheesecakes too. Looks like we're playing with some of the same strains. Also using Mega Crop, but I have my own way of supplementing it.
Hey, Farside05. I looked at your grow. What size pots are you using?

wow GDB! Your autos look freakin phenomenal. Love your DDa, you blew mine out of the water. I think with the chocolate skunk if you don’t have to worry about head room, she’ll be fine how she is. Her canopy is plenty open for good bud development down low.

in the future super cropping might be an interesting technique for you to try. You can improve your yield tremendously in the right situation.

Back
Top Bottom