Trichome check and fridge dry question

Timhomegrow

Day 79 of my Blue Dreamatic, they say 75% sativa.

Pics are from this morning, but don't want to harvest too soon. Not all the pics showed amber tricomes but the ones that did showed a few in each pic

A few more days? What's the 420 community say?

Also...if this girl gets cut and goes in the fridge to dry is it a problem when her sister joins her in the fridge in another week or so? I plan to have them in paper bags in the fridge

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_075058.jpg
    IMG_20201023_075058.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20201023_075104.jpg
    IMG_20201023_075104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 201023_074020.jpg
    201023_074020.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 201023_074133.jpg
    201023_074133.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 56
They look like they are pretty much done to me. Trichs age and amber after cropping too and once you've slow-dried in the fridge you could always leave the buds in a sunny window to age them faster but I'd never do that with a sativa.

Use double paper bags to slow the drying for a better cure and dump them out every day for the first week or longer to gently break up the clumps and let them air-dry for a bit before putting back in the bags. Just leaving them will likely get some mouldy if you don't. I've been doing it that way for a few years now but just keep the bags down in my cool basement which can be as cold as the fridge during the winter. Still about 52F down there now.

Nice colas!

:peace:

I sometimes will hang dry for the first day or 2...easy way to lose that initial weight quickly and buy you a few days. Plus no chance of drying them out too much in that short time.
If your fridge can handle it, no problem. But if it can’t, it will raise the humidity in there which you don’t really want, cause it will slow down the process.
Just my .02, lots of people here with more fridge drying experience.
Plant looking awesome!

Looking pretty flush there, all glittered up!

Think fridge will be fine with second batch a week later, takes a bit to draw humidity down but the first batch of bud should be stabilized after couple days

the higher humidity will slow the drying process down which is desirable to get a real good cure and super smooth smoke. I've gone 5 weeks drying to the point I can put in jars for burping and they are still moist enough to form a big clump so don't use mason jars for that or you won't be able to dump them out. I use plastic tobacco cans that have smooth insides so they slip right out onto a clean plant tray so I can gently break up the clumps. Have to be diligent and it's a bit fussy but damn the results are worth it.

Agree with 13Goody, dry hang for a day or two to shed initial moisture.

being new to the dry cure process I was afraid I would mess up and lose the whole harvest so.... I put 20% aside for cobs & oil and used 40% for low & slow fridge cure.... then 40% for traditional dry hang and into jars

Good idea not to put all your eggs in the same basket. I've occasionally had one of my jars get a little mouldy then that stuff goes into a big basket screen to dry quick and then made into oil.

I've tried hanging to dry but it doesn't cure like I want plus I find it much harder to trim than fresh off the plant so I only chop as much as I can trim in an hour so the leaves are all sticking out from the buds and easier to snip off. I even bought a TrimPro Unplugged to speed things up but it doesn't work worth shit for fresh buds. Spent more time doing post trimmer touch ups than just trimming by hand because it mashes all the little bud leaves into the buds and makes them hard to snip out. I got it slightly used for $300 from a hydro shop and plan to put it on Kijiji for $150 firm.It works much better on buds that have been hung to dry first as the resin heads dry on the surface and aren't so sticky.

These things retail for 500 - $600. An optional motor can be had to run it too.

unplugged-big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom