Trichomes development

CBG Thunderbolt

420 Member
I keep seeing people say trichomes start out clear then turn milky! This is 100% incorrect. They start out all milky then start to clear as the bud matures. Then some of the clear will start to turn amber. Usually you will see no more than about 35% clear before some of the clear start to turn amber. If you think this is not correct I suggest start looking at the bud when the trichs first start appearing and you will see no clear ones. All milky!

Yeah I know. I have seen this for years and I currently have 2000 CBG plants in week 4 of flowering and check some every few days. Haven't seen any clear trichs yet. Nobody has noticed all the early forming trichs are all milky and not clear?

In my experience, trichomes start clear and remain clear for quite some time until the plant is starting to finish up. At which point the clear trichomes turn milky, then from milky to amber... when I was new to growing and unsure of trichrome maturity I would do exactly as you say, I would check the trichomes as soon as the plant started producing them, so I could see and differentiate between clear and cloudy. That was a long time ago, so unless these plants have evolved in the years since I did that, I think it’s still the same. Is the microscope your using have a LED flashlight or something on it to help illuminate the trichomes? ... that light can reflect off clear trichomes making them look milky.

trichome_maturity_guide.jpg

I keep seeing people say trichomes start out clear then turn milky! This is 100% incorrect. They start out all milky then start to clear as the bud matures. Then some of the clear will start to turn amber. Usually you will see no more than about 35% clear before some of the clear start to turn amber. If you think this is not correct I suggest start looking at the bud when the trichs first start appearing and you will see no clear ones. All milky!
Dude, do not - I repeat - DO NOT smoke the buds that have bud rot! They distort both your vision and the chronological order of random occurrences over time. Use only good quality medicine, and I believe your perceptions will clear up and you'll once again begin to see reality for what it is, not for what the bud rot has made you wrongly perceive.

Instead of pictures I suggest get your microscopes and check a 4 week flowering bud. This morning I went out and looked at several 4 week flowering buds and saw all milky no clear. I went to a 6 week flowering plant and saw a few clear but mostly milky. And I have never seen an amber form from a milky trichome. They form from the clear ones as you can see inside the head a slight amber tint start forming and get more amber color daily. All I can say is everybody just looks for the amber and the percentage of amber which is what really matters anyways. I don't know who started the all clear at the beginning but do like I said and look at a 4 week flowering bud and tell me what you see! And don't send me any replies until you have actually done this and not based on what you believe.

And if you think I am a beginner look at the centerfold of High Times Oct. 2015 Botany Unlimited Design Systems. In fact, 420 magazine also did several articles on our grow. Currently I have 2000 CBG hemp plants ready to harvest in about a month and my farm is featured on Alterra Hemp website. So I am no beginner. Maybe my eyes are cloudy as I just turned 61 the other day! Lol

Ed rosenthal states that trikes begin clear and the clear ones mature to full potency. Then as the trikes turn cloudy they begin to degrade right away. Degrade from potency into another form of thc.

And when trikes turn amber. They have fully degraded

Never fear to harvest a bit early. Cut some early buds and check it out

I do. Cheers

I am done trying to get you all to see this process for yourself. Everyone wants to send what others have said or what they believe. I really don't care one way or the other but anyone that will take the time to check out what I am saying will see the light. Again I have never seen a milky trichome turn amber only clear ones! Happy growing!

I am done trying to get you all to see this process for yourself. Everyone wants to send what others have said or what they believe. I really don't care one way or the other but anyone that will take the time to check out what I am saying will see the light. Again I have never seen a milky trichome turn amber only clear ones! Happy growing!
Iam looking at my clear trichomes right now, waiting for them to turn cloudy by the end of next week.

I will leave you with one last thing to ponder then. You see all the white powder looking color from your bud and leaves at 4 weeks? This is coming from all the clear trichomes? Must be the light reflecting off all those clear trichomes!

I guess that's the light reflecting off all the mature 'clear' trichomes too. :laugh: How will you explain that one away? By your theory it shouldn't look as frosty at this point. I was intrigued but that 'point to ponder' is just nonsense and counteracts your argument.

Dont go away mad friend. It might be possible that some or all ambers come from clears. I have never read that but could be so.

I am with ed on the rest

Good possibilites there for sure

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom