Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

Update time. Day 10 of Flower.

We have flowers! :grinjoint:

The pistils are poking through. I got a 30x magnifier and verified it today. It is really kewl to magnify that close and see the hairs poking out. I tried to take a pic with the lights off, but I needed the lights get the zoom. Pic is ok, but it does show the pistils coming out. I just smoked a celebratory bowl. Ahhhhhh.

pk-1-d10f.jpg

:peace:

I'm excited for you! Keep it up and enjoy the whole process.

Thanks GD! This growing stuff is fun as hell! :Rasta:

Growin be half the fun........it's the satisfaction of reaping and tasting the colas of your labor that got me back to growing.

Man it's crazy how you go from veg to flower and then seeing your plants veg like crazy while "flowering". I put my 2mo ladies on 24/0 for 21 days (sunshine + 180w LED) then flipped the switch 7 days ago. I got taller plants in 7 days flowering than 21 days veggin.

Completely new experience for me and instead of being worried, I'm enjoying the ride cause 420Mag and it's peeps got me the 411 and I know all will be well!

Can't wait to see how your plants finish. I'm praying the leaks get plugged and the curve balls thrown are "soft". Your grow def looks lush! :peace:

trichone excellent pic man and cant wait to see these come along your going to have some real nice buds i have this feeling keep it up man

Thanks Langa! I want to get some really good macro shots. Will see if my skill gets any better. :grinjoint:

I'm excited for you! Keep it up and enjoy the whole process.

Thank Munki! I sure am enjoying it. Problems and all! :rollit:

Growin be half the fun........it's the satisfaction of reaping and tasting the colas of your labor that got me back to growing.

Man it's crazy how you go from veg to flower and then seeing your plants veg like crazy while "flowering". I put my 2mo ladies on 24/0 for 21 days (sunshine + 180w LED) then flipped the switch 7 days ago. I got taller plants in 7 days flowering than 21 days veggin.

Completely new experience for me and instead of being worried, I'm enjoying the ride cause 420Mag and it's peeps got me the 411 and I know all will be well!

Can't wait to see how your plants finish. I'm praying the leaks get plugged and the curve balls thrown are "soft". Your grow def looks lush! :peace:

Thanks KX808! I was really shocked how fast they grew once I flipped them. There was a couple days in which the XJ-13's grew 2 inches a day.

The 420Mag community is the best. I spent almost a year trolling different forums prior to me starting to grow. It became clear to me that this was the forum I wanted to join once I started my grow. The folks hear are smart as hell, have ton of experience, and really help those in need. Awesome. :ganjamon:

The 420Mag community is the best. I spent almost a year trolling different forums prior to me starting to grow. It became clear to me that this was the forum I wanted to join once I started my grow. The folks hear are smart as hell, have ton of experience, and really help those in need. Awesome. :ganjamon:

I 2nd THAT!

Nah, it's not crazy - it's nature. They stretch for the first 40% of their true flowering period. (And they use a good bit of nitrogen while they're doing it.) If you keep track of when the first day of 12:12 was and not the last day of the stretch, you can easily figure out your plant's proper harvest date. Think I stuck the simple formulas in my blog-space here. Alternatively, if you start out knowing the exact length of the flowering period, you can figure out how many days the stretch will last and plan accordingly. But since flowering times given by seedbanks have been known to be <COUGH> somewhat optimistic, a person really needs to grow it.

Of course the grower can harvest early or late at their option, but that's almost always the correct date. Assuming you don't do something like allow light leaks or change your lighting schedule partway through.

Thanks KX808! I was really shocked how fast they grew once I flipped them. There was a couple days in which the XJ-13's grew 2 inches a day.

I'm at that stage right now in my grow as well. It's crazy isn't it?

Right there with you trichtone! Seeing how great people were here about helping and supporting each other convinced me that this was something I could really do. And ENJOY it!

You're doing great Man. The next problem you're gonna have (after the bucket fix) is where to hide all those BUD JARS from the relatives!:yahoo:
:welldone:

You NEVER get over the stretch weeks either(no matter how many grows), truly amazing. :bongrip:

It is facinating to watch how different the strains stretch. The XJ's grow tall really fast. It is like the entire plant stretches. The Purple Kushes grow more dense and the main bud sites grow out of the thick canopy like missiles taking off. Absolutely fascinating :grinjoint:

I 2nd THAT!

I third that. Wait...can I even do that if I was the one that first it? :grinjoint:

Nah, it's not crazy - it's nature. They stretch for the first 40% of their true flowering period. (And they use a good bit of nitrogen while they're doing it.) If you keep track of when the first day of 12:12 was and not the last day of the stretch, you can easily figure out your plant's proper harvest date. Think I stuck the simple formulas in my blog-space here. Alternatively, if you start out knowing the exact length of the flowering period, you can figure out how many days the stretch will last and plan accordingly. But since flowering times given by seedbanks have been known to be <COUGH> somewhat optimistic, a person really needs to grow it.

Of course the grower can harvest early or late at their option, but that's almost always the correct date. Assuming you don't do something like allow light leaks or change your lighting schedule partway through.

As always TS you are an oracle of knowledge! I have switched my nutrients from GH (Lucas formula) to Botanicare. Following the Botanicare schedule they have you reduce the N in the formula after the first week of flower. Should I be worried about N deficiency? I am assuming the formula is the right thing to follow, or do alot of people who follow the manufacturing recommendations end up with slight deficiencies? :grinjoint:

I'm at that stage right now in my grow as well. It's crazy isn't it?

It sure is. I really like how quick the phases occur. Don't have to wait long for the plant to change. :rollit:

Right there with you trichtone! Seeing how great people were here about helping and supporting each other convinced me that this was something I could really do. And ENJOY it!

You're doing great Man. The next problem you're gonna have (after the bucket fix) is where to hide all those BUD JARS from the relatives!:yahoo:
:welldone:

Thanks man! Hehe...I hope it is the other way around. I harvest sooooo much bud I can't wait to give it away. :hookah:

Well I was able to replace the leaking bucket with no obvious harm to the plant. Whew. That bucket was really starting to leak. Now that I have that one fixed I think another one is starting to leak. Should be able to verify that tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to be plagued with this until I finish the grow. Oh well, I know how to build the buckets now :)

Oh no a leaking bucket grow, might wanna patent that:)
Looks really good Trich.

Hehe....now i just need to find a buyer of that system. I will change it from leaking to "enhanced water dispersal system". Ain't marketing fun! :grinjoint:

Glad you got the bucket fixed, leaking water is a PITA.

I couldn't agree more! My revamped setup will hopefully be leak resistant. :rollit:

Update time. Day 13 Flower.

The stretch continues. These suckers are growing. Pretty fascinating to watch.

I am starting to get what I think is a mag def on some of the leaves. I haven't added cal/mag to the system since the start of the grow (have done 2 flushes since then). I added some cal/mag to see if it will stop the def. Fingers crossed.

I also busted my PH probe for my Hanna meter. Another key learning, you aren't supposed to submerge that probe. :) Can't find a warning in the manual. Oh well, ordering a replacement probe. I have the little chemical tester while I am waiting for the probe.

And last, I did confirm I have another leak. A small one, but still problematic. It looks like a couple more bucket replacements. The DWC system sure has been a school of hard knocks. :tokin:

Now to the pics.

All Day 13 of Flower - the ladies are really filling up that cab. It is a jungle in there.

all-d13f.jpg

All Day 13 of Flower - Pic with the lights on. It is LED hell in there. lol.

all-d13f-lights.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Day 13 of Flower - The buds on the Purple Kushes are really growing thick. The stems are monsters. Me hoping that translates into big buds.

pk-1-d13f-bud1.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Day 13 of Flower - Pic with the light on.

pk-1-d13f-bud-2.jpg

:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom