Trying to plan my grow set-up - Need some advice

420-magazine-mobile254477261.jpg

First and maybe last coat of paint.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Love budget grows check mine out I've got the hang of maximising the light in small places with CFLs

Hi bck, look at inkbird controllers.. I bought one for $38 on amazon. I also purchased a seedling mat that fit the bottom of my tent. I plugged the mat in for the heat plug and I can plug in an ac unit for cooling if needed. The cab. Looks good. I wanted to integrate a homemade geothermal cooling. No cost.. Bury 4" pipe under ground. Ambient ground temps.. 55-60 degrees just add a fan.. Some food for thought.

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi bck, look at inkbird controllers.. I bought one for $38 on amazon. I also purchased a seedling mat that fit the bottom of my tent. I plugged the mat in for the heat plug and I can plug in an ac unit for cooling if needed. The cab. Looks good. I wanted to integrate a homemade geothermal cooling. No cost.. Bury 4" pipe under ground. Ambient ground temps.. 55-60 degrees just add a fan.. Some food for thought.

That is frigging genius! Have you any experience with drawing air from underground? I need to learn more about this cause it might help me keep mine cool in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I do. A town not to far from me heated their post office this way. Of course it was much larger scale. Footing drains or even a floor drain would be connected to net work of pipes. Just connecting to our tents is something that would take a creative mind. Maybe build a plywood box that goes from a. Windows to the ground?? I'm still working on that part myself for my summer grow.. If I move my operation to my shed. It wouldn't be that hard.

I do. A town not to far from me heated their post office this way. Of course it was much larger scale. Footing drains or even a floor drain would be connected to net work of pipes. Just connecting to our tents is something that would take a creative mind. Maybe build a plywood box that goes from a. Windows to the ground?? I'm still working on that part myself for my summer grow.. If I move my operation to my shed. It wouldn't be that hard.

I'm going to look into this a little more. I'll let you know if I find a solution for connecting our grow boxes

So after looking into it, it seems there's plenty of info out there. The main problem I saw was that there's an argument that because you draw air from below you may be adding extra moisture to the air. For a home this is bad for respiratory reasons and for our ladies it's bad cause of mold and stuff I guess

The geothermal they use for homes and buildings is not pulling air from underground. They set up vertical wells, or run several hundred feet of horizontal laying pipe at a certain depth. These pipes run a certain type of coolant threw them, being under ground that coolant runs a certain temp. A section of the pipes runs into the home unit, which blows air across the pipes. To heat or cool your home. Very efficient, to do my home the cost would have been about 27,000$. Not very cheap.

The geothermal they use for homes and buildings is not pulling air from underground. They set up vertical wells, or run several hundred feet of horizontal laying pipe at a certain depth. These pipes run a certain type of coolant threw them, being under ground that coolant runs a certain temp. A section of the pipes runs into the home unit, which blows air across the pipes. To heat or cool your home. Very efficient, to do my home the cost would have been about 27,000$. Not very cheap.

Thanks odinmaster for the clarification. It would have been a good thought but it's not for me at this point.

Here's a few shots of a room I built last week cost was about $450 odd bux AUD used some gear I had sitting around. Still a few bits to finalise ie painting and stuff. Soon. The pallets were ideal for wall frames ended up 5ftx7ft x 8ft high. 12 hours so far.

420-magazine-mobile1839974853.jpg
420-magazine-mobile783366958.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1385093605.jpg
420-magazine-mobile349615252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1061323041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile809395359.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2143070293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile702401035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile351307143.jpg
420-magazine-mobile976481892.jpg

Back