Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

From all I have seen you can never expect any strain to be identical when grown from seed. If you find something you like the smoke from get clones if you can :laughtwo: then you know exactly what you are getting. I have found some nice plants from single fem seeds but I ahve also had duds. It is like anything though, you win some you lose some and every once in a while you hit the jackpot. I am still waiting to hit the jackpot :)

The Jackpot, that's what I'm looking for too. A "Elite pheno" That makes my current keepers look like mediocre buds. I'm bound to find something sooner or later and if I don't, I'll keep chasing the dream.. I think my current lineup is definetly going to have some keepers..

Honestly im just happy im passed that phase of looking at overseas sites and buying single fem seeds.. i did that same thing at first twox... oh blue dream, green crack.. some of my favorite strains ive smoked but that was in the past. I see things change in the genetics world all the time so its pretty much impossible to find those same strains even if they have the same name. Its just not gonna be the same. Im excited to grow his sunlounger out and see how many females i get.. itll be sweet to grow out some reg seeds and have to feel the dissapointment of getting a male. Dont know why im excited for that lol! Just something new i guess.. kinda bored knowing my plants will be females. I cant lie though im happy with the single seeds i bought at first.. the two im growing now look really promising. Flipping them today so we will see what they have to offer soon!

Yep, that's the feeling.. lol. I was also scared I was going to kill every seed I bought so spending over 100 bucks for 10 chances to fuck up was a gamble. I think the most important part for new growers is quality equipment, the strains can come later. Especially ballasts.

I feel like I have hit the jackpot a few times. Strains I wouldn't want to live without. Pineapple fields, Bluniverse, huck kush, Megafauna, Twister, Gorilladosha, sour bubble, these will stick around forever. Hopefully there are a few keepers in the seedlings I have going too!

The funny thing is the first four are all dynasty. Call me a fanboy lol.

Such a wonderful list Shiggs, I never realized how much time it takes to find these keepers. I'm sure we all hope to have a nice list of awesome keepers someday.

Nothing wrong with sticking with Dynasty, You found a breeder that you trust to provide you with great genetics over and over. They've never did you wrong and you have faith in there genetics.. I'm sure your worry free everytime you buy there seeds. Must be a great feeling, I don't trust any of these S.O.Bs yet.. lol

The Jackpot, that's what I'm looking for too. A "Elite pheno" That makes my current keepers look like mediocre buds. I'm bound to find something sooner or later and if I don't, I'll keep chasing the dream.. I think my current lineup is definetly going to have some keepers..

Yep, that's the feeling.. lol. I was also scared I was going to kill every seed I bought so spending over 100 bucks for 10 chances to fuck up was a gamble. I think the most important part for new growers is quality equipment, the strains can come later. Especially ballasts.

Such a wonderful list Shiggs, I never realized how much time it takes to find these keepers. I'm sure we all hope to have a nice list of awesome keepers someday.

Nothing wrong with sticking with Dynasty, You found a breeder that you trust to provide you with great genetics over and over. They've never did you wrong and you have faith in there genetics.. I'm sure your worry free everytime you buy there seeds. Must be a great feeling, I don't trust any of these S.O.Bs yet.. lol
You get just what I was saying and put it in better terms. An Elite Pheno is what I am hoping to stumble into. I have spent too much time running mediocre strains just because they filled the tent and were better than other things I ran. I was of the mind before that fem seeds should produce very stable lines and so I should not need more than one to get what I want. I have learned through experience that is not so. From watching others on this site I have found better breeders to buy from and have seen what good genetics can provide. I now need to rein in my seed purchases and try and invest in better equipment.

20170725_175025.jpg

20170725_175347.jpg

So I'm watering and about to transplant and my soil has a weird mold or fungus growing in it. Whait is it? Good?, Bad? Should i trash the soil?. Its in a big tub in a hot garage. Thoughts? I skipped transplanting today until i figure this out..

That is a good thing usually. That is usually the micro herd thriving. It usually is beneficial and just means your soil is alive. At least that is how Doc Bud's Hi Brix kit is and I have heard people with super soil look for it to.

I hate the internet sometimes. I did a little searching and some people say to spray it with peroxide and others say leave it... My guess is that I gave it a better environment to thrive. What ever is growing on the soil was already in the soil and I doubt I contaminated it. I'll just mix it and use it tomorrow on some non important plants and see how it does. I've been storing soil in this tub for along time and have never seen it before..
That is weird though.. it grew pretty quickly right? Looks kinda threadlike to me.. but ive heard it being a good thing like yeti said so maybe try it out and see. Id be weary of it though.

I'm definetly being weary, no transplanting happened today and I'll probably go by the hydro store to pick up supplies tomorrow and ask them what they think. I haven't open this tub for atleast 2 weeks. I have no idea how fast it grew, very thread like. I don't want to risk the clones or mother plants that needed love today.

In House Genetics Slurricane update...
Oh boy, this ones gonna be a doozy..
20170521_164827.jpg

What the hell is a Slurricane...?

Let's start with parents. Shes a Super Nova Purple Punch Crossed with IC mags cut of dosidos. The Purple Punch is on the Hype Train right now and has been moves and winning people's hearts. She is Grand daddy Purple x Larry Og. The Larry is also known as lemon larry and is known for her strong citrus flavors. The GDP is purple, tastes grapey and has the most wonderful bud structure. These flavor and GDPs bud structure are what make the Purple Punch special, oh ya , she's frosty too..

These pics are of the Purple Punch that IHG used for there cross. All these pics are directly from IHG. I wanted to show only what he used and not pics of somebody else's buds.
20170601_140748.jpg
20170601_140604.jpg

The second parent is IC mags cut of Dosidos. A super frosty pheno of Archives OG Kush Breath x Face Off OG.. This is almost considered a classic now and this particular cut seems to be on a whole other level..
20170601_140431.jpg

The life of a Slurricane

Five seeds, five plants and a bag if dreams.
20170521_170214.jpg
20170523_084625.jpg
20170530_164721.jpg
20170606_155229.jpg
20170619_1535331.jpg

Today. We have 2 phenos at 2 weeks and 3 at week one. Each one is very similar except for the shorter stocky pheno.. She looks special already. The other 4 phenos stand at 4 feet tall and that means I vegged to long. Week 6 and 7 saw some amazing vigor that I wasn't ready for. I put two into flower asap and let the other three stretch a little to much. They'll be fine but a 5 to 6 week veg would have been better. Node spacing isn't as close as I would have liked but every cola can't turn out like my TrapStars. Those ladies stack buds. Once they fill in the spacing will show it's self a little better.
20170725_185026.jpg
20170725_185031.jpg
20170725_185144.jpg
20170725_185217.jpg

This is a example of what most of the Slurricanes look like. Side branching had know problems getting to the canopy and made some nice branching. They were doing the flop so they all needed support asap. Node spacing looks good and light penetration into the canopy is above average. I didn't even have to chop any leaves of these ladies yet..
20170725_190051.jpg
20170725_190142.jpg

The shorter pheno.. Shes only about 3.5 feet tall with thick stems and some beautiful leaves. I like her because she's different. She's healthy so she's not a runt and she stacked a little tighter than the other 4. I'll be running all of these 10 weeks so the fun is just getting started... 8 more weeks to go..
20170725_190247.jpg
20170725_190243.jpg
20170725_190224.jpg

Cobweb mold. You're fine. It's a pain with mushroom cultivation but all in all a very weak mold and very common. Looks like your growing shrooms :rofl: I scrolled right past like I was on a mycology site.

Thanx, I knew somebody who knew more than me would lend there expertise.. ahh, who am I kidding.. I knew Eletro was going to come in here and and know exactly what it's was.. . Thanx bud..

Awww man those are looking really nice! Gonna be fun to watch the progress. Do you know why they named it Slurricane? E40 had a hit back in the day, wonder if it's related to that, or is just so good it makes it so you can't talk very well lol.

I hope i get that short and stocky pheno, i agree she is special.. glad the gypsy came to your moldy rescue lol. Good to know about the veg times.. honestly id have to say im not impressed with the shape and node spacing of the others but i will grow them differently so they wont be 4' tall like yours lol. However i do like they dont have many leaves and you havent had to defoil.. signs that the buds will be very dense and have few sugar leaves imo.

Wow, she's got some leg. I'll be sure to get a light on her close and early, thanks for the heads up. I got some Lemon Lime Punch coming too, which is Schrom x PP. A Huck Soda cross too.

They look real healthy so you should be able to get a good look at what they will do. Can't wait to see what you get in them. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words brother :Namaste:

Awww man those are looking really nice! Gonna be fun to watch the progress. Do you know why they named it Slurricane? E40 had a hit back in the day, wonder if it's related to that, or is just so good it makes it so you can't talk very well lol.
Lol, IHG is actually a e40 fan and the strain is named after e40s alcoholic beverage.:thumb:. I hope o slurs my speech too..
I hope i get that short and stocky pheno, i agree she is special.. glad the gypsy came to your moldy rescue lol. Good to know about the veg times.. honestly id have to say im not impressed with the shape and node spacing of the others but i will grow them differently so they wont be 4' tall like yours lol. However i do like they dont have many leaves and you havent had to defoil.. signs that the buds will be very dense and have few sugar leaves imo.

I thought she was special too.. I definetly should have trained and topped these more. Very strong side branches and she would bush out with some training. I took it easy on the training because I had no idea how fast they would grow. They were all pushin 3 feet before they hit flower.

Wow, she's got some leg. I'll be sure to get a light on her close and early, thanks for the heads up. I got some Lemon Lime Punch coming too, which is Schrom x PP. A Huck Soda cross too.

They look real healthy so you should be able to get a good look at what they will do. Can't wait to see what you get in them. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words brother :Namaste:

Whats up CS.. That lime Punch looks good too, can't wait to see what the buds look like on that one..:thumb: her stretch wasn't that bad in flower but she had a Ton of vigor in the last couple weeks in veg. She took off quick and I wasn't ready. I should have topped them again, her stems are strong and the vigor would have pushed out another batch of tops with ease..

So I'm watering and about to transplant and my soil has a weird mold or fungus growing in it. Whait is it? Good?, Bad? Should i trash the soil?. Its in a big tub in a hot garage. Thoughts? I skipped transplanting today until i figure this out..

Perfectly normal... If my soil didn't do that, I'd dump it. It's alive... let it go its course, should take about a week or so, the mycelium that you see AKA Hypha (strands of mycelium), are going to help nourish your plants roots...

That is the beginning of life as we know it <Jim>... live long and grow big flowers my friend.

Edit - plants rocking it!

My fell off the seed wagon purchase was:

Mycotek - Triple Chem Face

Did I do well?

Back
Top Bottom