Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

Passing through, don't get up :passitleft:
:high-five:

I got the..Epoxy OG x Huckleberry Soda, and Pink Lemonade#2 x Sour Cyclone :thumb:
Some nice strains... :thumb:

Perfectly normal... If my soil didn't do that, I'd dump it. It's alive... let it go its course, should take about a week or so, the mycelium that you see AKA Hypha (strands of mycelium), are going to help nourish your plants roots...

That is the beginning of life as we know it <Jim>... live long and grow big flowers my friend.

Edit - plants rocking it!

My fell off the seed wagon purchase was:

Mycotek - Triple Chem Face

Did I do well?

Thanks Bob, I figured I'd ask before I risked my genetics. :thumb: Nice strain from Mycotek. Did you get a free Orange Chem.? You did well.:high-five:

I finally got my hands on a chem cross.. Some testers from Seed junky genetics.
20170726_172235.jpg

I spent the day cutting clones and prepping my BDay Cake and Purple Urkle for my breeding project. I have a couple of my other keepers trimmed down just to see how they react. I also re organized my veg..

Before
20170726_180912.jpg

After.
20170728_181753.jpg

We have my 5 Slurricanes and 5 TrapStars up top, 5 Mimosa in solo cups, clones down low, OC and Candy Urkle in 1 gallons and Bday/Urkle in 2 gallons.
20170728_181747.jpg

New product

This was recommended by BrightLight. Similar to Mammoth P and I controls knats..
20170726_173439.jpg

Seed junky genetics you say? That strain looks great, looking for a chemdog strain with my next seed purchase.. a lot to choose from from what ive seen the past few days looking around. The reorganized veg room looks great, there was and still is so much going on in there lol. Im gonna get that slf-100 stuff and try it out.. I've lost faith in the mammoth.

What's wrong with Mammoth besides the price??

I just make my own EWC tea... shit ton of mircro-herds...

1 cup worm castings
1/2 cup kelp meal
3-5 gal filtered water
bubble or aerate for <= 24 hrs (overnight is good)

water in ... I use Mykes brand of dry mycos - a quart tub lasts me a year indoors, just add a 1-2tbs into the hole @ transplant before flower and also 1tbs at transplant into VEG pots.

I like to save my $$ for seed purchases... didn't get my package yet so don't know what freebees I'll get.

Good job on your VEG room... I just tore mine down... if I took a pic you'all would be aghast... its a MESS in there, I just shut the door. I'll get to it likely tomorrow. Thanks T for the encouragement! Good job buddy! :thumb:

I'm jelly of all your genetics now T... damnit again... must resist must resist.... so many good drops lately ... must resist. Oh no... not again!

Seed junky genetics you say? That strain looks great, looking for a chemdog strain with my next seed purchase.. a lot to choose from from what ive seen the past few days looking around. The reorganized veg room looks great, there was and still is so much going on in there lol. Im gonna get that slf-100 stuff and try it out.. I've lost faith in the mammoth.

I kinda just got lucky getting the Chem cross.. it was a random selection between chem, ecsd, or candyland. I've always wanted a chem/cookie cross so in pretty excited to give these a run or two.

The veg tent feels great all trimmed up and clean. It was kinda getting out of control and I need more space for clones.. I'm hoping they root well in there new location.

What's wrong with Mammoth besides the price??

I just make my own EWC tea... shit ton of mircro-herds...

1 cup worm castings
1/2 cup kelp meal
3-5 gal filtered water
bubble or aerate for <= 24 hrs (overnight is good)

water in ... I use Mykes brand of dry mycos - a quart tub lasts me a year indoors, just add a 1-2tbs into the hole @ transplant before flower and also 1tbs at transplant into VEG pots.

I like to save my $$ for seed purchases... didn't get my package yet so don't know what freebees I'll get.

Good job on your VEG room... I just tore mine down... if I took a pic you'all would be aghast... its a MESS in there, I just shut the door. I'll get to it likely tomorrow. Thanks T for the encouragement! Good job buddy! :thumb:

I'm jelly of all your genetics now T... damnit again... must resist must resist.... so many good drops lately ... must resist. Oh no... not again!

Yep, the price... lol. Way to expensive, I don't care what is does..
The Slf was only 30 at my local Hydro Store and in containes Bacillus thuringiensis so it should help me keep the stupid knats away. At 30 a bottle with a once a week feeding it should last a few rotations easy and if I stop seeing knats I'll consider the money well spent and buy another bottle.

I was using the Great White Mykos but I ran out. I definetly noticed a difference in my roots. Thick and pristine white. I need a restock..

Too many drops.. lol. I'm trying to control myself but there's some mighty fine genetics coming out soon.. I haven't bought a pack in like 2 weeks (freebies don't count)

I'll get a flower update tonight. I had to bend a bunch of Slurricane stems and super cropped all the tall ladies. They were growing past the light and experiencing some light deprivation. I accidentally rubbed up against one and caught a wiff of the Slurricanes.. Damnnnnnnn...I don't even want to describe how wonderful they smelled. The Terps are on some next level shit.. Made my Urkle look bad...:high-five:

Oh youve got me all excited about the slurricanes.. just popped one in the dirt earlier today! Yea its too pricey and if you are only growing a couple of plants you would waste maybe half a bottle.. it does work i cant deny that but not good enough for what it costs. I mean i can buy a cheapo 300w led for the price of a 250ml bottle of it i think lol.

Oh youve got me all excited about the slurricanes.. just popped one in the dirt earlier today! Yea its too pricey and if you are only growing a couple of plants you would waste maybe half a bottle.. it does work i cant deny that but not good enough for what it costs. I mean i can buy a cheapo 300w led for the price of a 250ml bottle of it i think lol.

:high-five: now I'm all excited to see how your Slurricane turns out..
I feel you on the price of the Mammoth P, I'm sure it works but at that price I'll never know.. No wonder they send out free samples, trying to get you
hooked..lol

First up, The TrapStars.. They got a molasses and water feeding today and will start there flush in 2 days at the beginning of week 8.

Ts5.. my spear pheno.. shes going to have a nice yeild for sure.. one of the biggest colas I've ever grown. She might be a keeper if she smoke better than ts4...
20170729_200433.jpg
20170729_200505.jpg

Ts4.. My OG pheno.. This one is fighting with Ts5 over who I'm going to love more. I might keep both since they might yeild more than anything else I grow at the moment.. Both smell like sweet cherries and kush. The pine smell is fading on both of them. I'm guessing almost 3 oz if each of these Trappers

20170729_200454.jpg

Ts1. She was my semi spear pheno and isn't yielding like the others. She still has some nice buds but they are not gigantic like the others. Smell is nice and she seems to be finishing a little quicker but I'm not considering her a keeper.. I'll smoke her still..
20170729_200517.jpg

Ts?.. The frosty Pheno from batch 2.. Shes a keeper, I don't even have to let her finish to see that.. her she is at 5 weeks... frosty. The other TrapStar from batch 2 is similar to my spear phenos but every time I get close to taking a pic of her the little frosty one catches my attention... This one will most likely be my favorite. Something about resin rails drives me crazy..

20170729_200537.jpg

Next up.. The Slurricanes..

I did a little research to try to determine what's what and I think I have it figured out.

This one is probably 50/50 on the parents. Semi lush tops and bigger fans on the cola. Shes on week 2 and doing well.. No smell on these yet, still to young.
20170729_201637.jpg

My short stubby pheno.. After looking at tons of pics and comparing the smells of the 2 in week 3 , I think this one is Purple Punch dominant. Huge fans and super lush tops with nice little side brances on the node spaces. No smell yet but this one is completely different than the other 4. I missed a pic of the other one on week 2 but I think she's Dosido dominate. Small fans on the colas with thinner leaves on the tops.. definetly not as lush as the other 2.
20170729_201054.jpg

Week 3 Slurricanes.. This first one is Dosido dominate. Her tops are smaller and her leaves on the colas are not as big as the others. Shes also producing smaller buds with a mediocre bud spacing.. each bud on the stem has a large node spacing between them.. left bud, space right bud space.. etc etc..

The smell on here is almost all minty and kushy similar to the Dosidos with a hint of sweet. Shes still young so her smell will probably develop a little more in the next week or 2.. She definetly doesn't smell "Purple" the buds look like they are tight so I'm still excited to see her grow.
20170729_200625.jpg

My fav so far. My guess is she's about 70/30 leaning more towards the Purple punch. Bigger buds, bigger leaves shooting off the colas, and a nice node spacing that was rated interesting. She grows a left bud, then a right bud and then a space. You can see what I'm talking about in the pics. The only other plant that is spacing like this is the short stubby pheno. 2 buds per node is better than 1. I like this one. Her smell just screams "Purple!!!!!". The most fantastic and strong grape/ blueberry smell I've ever had the pleasure of sniffing. The terps on this one blow everything I've ever grown out of the water. It almost reminds me of a blueberry poptart. I'm sure the dosido added the doughy flavor but the Purple Punch added some crazy berry flavors. So far this pheno is shitting on the dosido pheno and is doing everything better, and it's only week 3... lol. I would keep this one for the smell alone.
20170729_185040.jpg
20170729_185046.jpg
20170729_200705.jpg
20170729_200656.jpg

Beautiful looking plants as always Twox. That frosty TrapStar looks fantastic. Those ladies are really in week 8 of flowering? Dang. I didn't think it was that long ago when you started your TrapStar journal and first planted those seeds. Time sure flies, unless you're waiting on your own first crop and then it drags.

:high-five:

Ts?.. The frosty Pheno from batch 2.. Shes a keeper, I don't even have to let her finish to see that.. her she is at 5 weeks... frosty. The other TrapStar from batch 2 is similar to my spear phenos but every time I get close to taking a pic of her the little frosty one catches my attention... This one will most likely be my favorite. Something about resin rails drives me crazy..

20170729_200537.jpg

I'm totally envious of that Trapstar frost. If she smokes as good as she looks, she'd be in my 'perpetual' rotation.

:high-five: now I'm all excited to see how your Slurricane turns out..
I feel you on the price of the Mammoth P, I'm sure it works but at that price I'll never know.. No wonder they send out free samples, trying to get you
hooked..lol

First up, The TrapStars.. They got a molasses and water feeding today and will start there flush in 2 days at the beginning of week 8.

Ts5.. my spear pheno.. shes going to have a nice yeild for sure.. one of the biggest colas I've ever grown. She might be a keeper if she smoke better than ts4...
20170729_200433.jpg
20170729_200505.jpg

Ts4.. My OG pheno.. This one is fighting with Ts5 over who I'm going to love more. I might keep both since they might yeild more than anything else I grow at the moment.. Both smell like sweet cherries and kush. The pine smell is fading on both of them. I'm guessing almost 3 oz if each of these Trappers

20170729_200454.jpg

Ts1. She was my semi spear pheno and isn't yielding like the others. She still has some nice buds but they are not gigantic like the others. Smell is nice and she seems to be finishing a little quicker but I'm not considering her a keeper.. I'll smoke her still..
20170729_200517.jpg

20170729_200537.jpg

Next up.. The Slurricanes..

I did a little research to try to determine what's what and I think I have it figured out.

This one is probably 50/50 on the parents. Semi lush tops and bigger fans on the cola. Shes on week 2 and doing well.. No smell on these yet, still to young.
20170729_201637.jpg

My short stubby pheno.. After looking at tons of pics and comparing the smells of the 2 in week 3 , I think this one is Purple Punch dominant. Huge fans and super lush tops with nice little side brances on the node spaces. No smell yet but this one is completely different than the other 4. I missed a pic of the other one on week 2 but I think she's Dosido dominate. Small fans on the colas with thinner leaves on the tops.. definetly not as lush as the other 2.
20170729_201054.jpg

Week 3 Slurricanes.. This first one is Dosido dominate. Her tops are smaller and her leaves on the colas are not as big as the others. Shes also producing smaller buds with a mediocre bud spacing.. each bud on the stem has a large node spacing between them.. left bud, space right bud space.. etc etc..

The smell on here is almost all minty and kushy similar to the Dosidos with a hint of sweet. Shes still young so her smell will probably develop a little more in the next week or 2.. She definetly doesn't smell "Purple" the buds look like they are tight so I'm still excited to see her grow.
20170729_200625.jpg

My fav so far. My guess is she's about 70/30 leaning more towards the Purple punch. Bigger buds, bigger leaves shooting off the colas, and a nice node spacing that was rated interesting. She grows a left bud, then a right bud and then a space. You can see what I'm talking about in the pics. The only other plant that is spacing like this is the short stubby pheno. 2 buds per node is better than 1. I like this one. Her smell just screams "Purple!!!!!". The most fantastic and strong grape/ blueberry smell I've ever had the pleasure of sniffing. The terps on this one blow everything I've ever grown out of the water. It almost reminds me of a blueberry poptart. I'm sure the dosido added the doughy flavor but the Purple Punch added some crazy berry flavors. So far this pheno is shitting on the dosido pheno and is doing everything better, and it's only week 3... lol. I would keep this one for the smell alone.
20170729_185040.jpg
20170729_185046.jpg
20170729_200705.jpg
20170729_200656.jpg

Incredible looking, all of them, but I've never seen rails like that..... stellar!!! Aaaahh the inspiration!!!

Thanks for sharing, Twox!!!!

Beautiful looking plants as always Twox. That frosty TrapStar looks fantastic. Those ladies are really in week 8 of flowering? Dang. I didn't think it was that long ago when you started your TrapStar journal and first planted those seeds. Time sure flies, unless you're waiting on your own first crop and then it drags.

Lol, time sure didn't fly on this side. Felt like they took forever. :thumb:

Yea they definitely are doing that to get you to think its worth it. Wow that ts pheno is frosty as ever.. nice man! The slurricane pheno looks great too.. kinda sucks to hear that about the dosidos dominant one but maybe she will surprise you!

I sure she will turn out stellar but the smell coming from my fav had me all pumped up and excited. I'm actually happy they don't smell the same. My TrapStars all smell very similar.

I'm totally envious of that Trapstar frost. If she smokes as good as she looks, she'd be in my 'perpetual' rotation.

I'm hoping she bulks up. Seems like the phenos are either big or small and frosty. I'm hoping this one is a quick finisher..:thumb:

Trap that frosty trapstar in your grow room twox!

She's all tied up at the moment and she's not going any where. I fell like I'm holding her hostage now.. lol:high-five:

Lovin those rails Twox .

Me too..

Incredible looking, all of them, but I've never seen rails like that..... stellar!!! Aaaahh the inspiration!!!

I wish I would have had another similar pheno but I'm glade I found atleast one frost monster..

Thanks for sharing, Twox!!!!
:high-five::thumb:

Yeah me too Rad.. that's mighty fine indeed. These are related to my last round of Labyrinth and I got some frost like that. Stopped over at a buddy's house today and he had a tray full of the Labyrinth I gave him last week. He was sitting there all happy and slits for eyes. I asked him how he liked it... "first puff went into my everyday container".. my girl doesn't like it tho.. I asked her why not... "too strong".

I'm like OK perfect! Can't help with too strong, kinda the whole reason here. They like to roll up fatty's and smok'em down. I offered that try a little at first and change up after a few puffs! Ah well, I call mission accomplished. :smokin:

T - man the next round of Slurricanes is looking stellar. I love to see the big ass fan leaves spread out and nice n green.. Good job in the gardens there buddy! :thumb:

On the mycos deal... I've done a little experimentation with quite a few brands and some research.

OK we all know the company Premier - they make the high end Peat moss branded Pro-mix. Well Primier also owns a company called Mykes brand and they make pretty much all the Mycos for all the other top companies that distribute them re-branded of course. You can buy Myke's brand direct (Amazon is my friend). Take a look at the labels.. just like anything else I'm sticking in my face, if there's not a count of active ingredients pass..

Here's a linky for reading what I like - I use the orange tub (flowers) for indoors..

Products | MYKE

I've tried a lot of different brands... Great White is good.. they list the active ingredient count on the label.

Sooo with several tests (not scientific just experience) labeled containers everything else the same (soil and clones). Plants that I used Myke's Flower (orange tub) ALONG with BioAg VAM did the best going by dry weight yields... tried a lot of different mycos - combos and singles. Mykes Flower orange tub + VAM, that's what I stick with now. I still label all my plant containers with the brand Mycos I'm using.

The only other thing I do with mycos is make an ACT a couple times in VEG and a couple times in flower but not always.

If you're really brave you can go to the forest... we have a forested park here in Philly... look for dead trees/big branches on the ground. Right beside them where the leaves collected last fall, notice no more leaves now? Worms eat those leaves and hide under the logs. So there's always a nice collection of worm castings there. I take a bucket and can collect 5gal worth of worm castings FREE and it's got a shit ton of mycos + bacteria from the forest. Those worm castings are by a far stretch better than what I can buy or even make in my compost bin. Lots of diversity in soil organisms is a very good thing.

What's up 420.. :high-five:

Been a little busy with life but a popped a bunch of pics last night and wanted to share..

Veg:
We have 5 Mimosas in 3gallons, My TrapStar daddy in a 1 gallon and all my Trap Star clones getting ready to be chosen as a keeper or given away to the needy. It's a fight between my 2 biggest yeilders. Ts4 and 5. Ts 10 is my frosty pheno so she's already got a spot.
20170804_151212.jpg

Here's a Mimosa looking ok.. I should have transplanted them a little earlier but they'll green up before flower.. just a little lighter colored than I would like.
There starting to show sex already. 1 female for sure, I have another that looks female but no pistols yet. 2 haven't showed sex ( females?) and 1 that looks like a male. 4/5 would be nice.
20170804_141713.jpg

TrapStar male. He's getting ready to flower as a backup incase my pollen in the freezer is dead. I'll also restock my pollen too..
20170804_141620.jpg

Slurricane Clones.
I used my moldy soil on these 5 and I swear, I've never seen a happier clone. :high-five:
20170804_142144.jpg

The Slurricanes...
These ladies are all going to be bad ass. I really like the Purple Punch leaning phenos but the Dosidos are smelling and looking good too. They wouldn't stop growing so I supercropped the tops of 4 of them. My fav so far is my shortest pheno.

Slurricane Dosi pheno.
Nice even frost On these ladies and some nice thick pistols. She's going to have some nice looking buds for sure. Smells minty with a hint of purple. She liked her super cropping, buds everywhere.
20170804_201407.jpg
20170804_201409.jpg
20170804_201803.jpg

Slurricane #3. (My fav) Punch pheno.

She's kicking ass. Some nice trichomes piling up on the sugar leaves, nice node spacing, plump lowers and the awesome smell that just reeks when you touch her. No need to get your fingers sticky with her. Brushing up against a few trichs releases her aroma.. She still smells like a blueberry poptart and would automatically make you think grape and Purple. She's smells so good I'm going to run her again as a replacement for any male mimosas I find. Super happy with this strain. The dosido phenos are growing on me too so I'm looking for 2 keepers from this batch.
20170804_201417.jpg
20170804_201605.jpg
20170804_201542.jpg
20170804_201538.jpg
20170804_201531.jpg
20170804_201518.jpg
20170804_201441.jpg

A few shots of the younger Slurricanes. The short stocky one is smelling like a poptart too...
20170804_201704.jpg
20170804_201613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom